- Over 6+ Years of extensive work experience on Continuous Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud provisioning. Passionate Computer Professional wif good communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in maintaining Amazon Web Services and Architecting Legacy Data migration projects such as Teradata to AWS Redshift migration, on - premises to AWS cloud Migration.
- Experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, S3 Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, Snowball, Direct connect, Storage Gateway, CloudFormation, Dynamo DB, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, SES.
- Experience in dealing wif Windows Azure Services - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Data Lake, Azure Functions, Auto-Scaling, Azure Monitor, Traffic Manager.
- Excellent knowledge inAzurecompute services,AzureWeb apps,AzureData Factory & Storage,AzureMedia & Content delivery,AzureNetworking,AzureHybrid Integration, andAzureActive Directory. And Hands on Experience wif Azure Security like Network Security Groups(NSG’s) in Vnets.
- Expertise in working wif Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying microservices.
- Expertise in working as AWSDevOpsengineer and Build and release engineer in field of release automation for Java technologies to achieve continuous Integration and continuous Delivery (CI and CD).
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks, inventories created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Extensively worked on Chef Roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes & Data bags. Proficient in the setup of Chef Servers, workstations & bootstrapping infrastructure Chef Nodes for configuration management.
- Implemented Puppet Agent and Agentless Configurations, dashboards, M-collective wif active mq-server, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera-factors and developed puppet manifests used ruby for provisioning applications.
- Handled severalDockercomponents likeDockerEngine, Hub, Compose andDocker Registry and experience wifDockercontainer service and Dockerized applications by creatingDockerimages fromDockerfile and running them to create theDockercontainers andDocker Swarm.
- Experience creating pods and clusters inKubernetesand deploy those using Openshift. Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers andKubernetesClusters.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and releases of Helm packages.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN andANTfor the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code. Created Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, and managed the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds.
- Experience in Artifact repository, repository management tools Nexus, Jfrog,DockerHub,Registry and QUAY.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools likeGIT, Bitbucketand Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Octopus, Teamcity, and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of CI and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for database using Jenkins. Configuring Jenkins job to spin up infrastructure usingTerraformscripts.
- Experience in usingELK(Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana) stack for network and server monitoring, storing the logs and visualizing them using Nginx.
- Expertise in Working wif web servers such as Apache HTTP server, NGINX, Apache TOMCAT, application servers such as Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.1
- Proficient wif Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Ruby scripting languages for automation, monitoring.
- Strong experience wif SQL and MySQL as well as wif NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Oracle 10.X.
- Experience in monitoring the servers using Nagios, Cloud Watch, Data Dog, Pager duty, Gray log/Splunk and usingELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana), and Applications monitoring using AppDynamics.
- Versatility as demonstrated wif troubleshooting diverse sets of hosting technologies and Experience wif cloud, virtualization platforms like VMWare, Xen, virtual box, Hyper-V, Openstack, and REDHAT virtualization suite.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and In-depth understanding of the principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, waterfall methodologies.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF, SalesForce
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Terraform
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Hudson, Octopus
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic
Scripting & Programming Languages: Python, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, Ruby, Java, .Net, APEX
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, NGINX, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, 9.x/10.x, Weblogic
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware vSphere, Hyper-V
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
AWS/ Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Worked wif AWS CodePipeline and creating CloudFormation JSON templates to create custom VPC. Migrated a production infrastructure into AWS utilizing CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, OpsWorks. Knowledge of Amazon ECS Clusters and able to manage containers in it.
- Configure and Manage EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3 Buckets, VPC, Security Groups, ELB, Auto scaling, ElasticCache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, ECS, CloudTrial, CloudFormation.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission-critical production servers as backups. Deployed Elasticsearch wif 10 nodes cluster in AWS environment for client applications.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed them to take backup of EBS volumes usingAWSLambda, CloudWatch.
- Utilized Ansible andAWSlambda, elastic cache and Cloudwatch logs to automate the creation of log aggregation pipeline wif ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana stack (ELK stack) to send all our team's logs coming into cloudwatch, to process them and send them off to ElasticSearch.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Experience wif Terraform to build infrastructure as a code.
- Lightweight virtualization wif Linux Containers and Docker.Used Terraform as “Infrastructure as a code” and modifying terraform scripts as and when configuration changes required.
- Worked wif AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along wif Ansible to render templates and Murano wif Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Analyzed various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark.
- Tested a private storage cloud usingOpenStackSWIFT software and worked as well wif OpenStack Multi-node installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks wif Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Development servers.
- Creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower. Downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy to automate the infrastructure.
- Worked on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Container management usingDockerby writingDockerfiles and set up the automated build onDockerHUB and installed, configured Kubernetes.Deploying cluster on AWS wif Jenkins,Dockerpipeline implementation.
- Build Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed toKubernetes, Created Pods and managed usingKubernetes.
- Created several pods using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues wif ELK and work towards the solution. Used Ansible playbooks for provisioning instances on Open stack.
- Worked wif Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline providing continuous improvement to Agile software development teams. Configured Jenkins and integrated it wif Chef to schedule jobs on all the bootstrapped nodes.
- Automated the monthly patching process using chef recipes. Participated in on-call rotation. Managed a github server, and a Sonatype nexus server.
- Replaced Splunk logging and analytics wif an automated ELK cluster, increasing data capture capacity and reducing costs. System log and Cloud Trail collection using Splunk including Splunk installation, collector configuration and multi indexer setup on Production Environment.
- Used Monitor tool like Datadog for AWS Cloud. Written monitor’s and alerts wif PagerDuty. Integration continuously imports PagerDuty incidents, alert server event, escalations and resolutions into the Datadog stream.
- Configured POM file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Integrated GIT wif Jenkins using the GitHub plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Installed configured and Administrated of all LINUX servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat, CentOS operating systems.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Python, DynamoDB, Data Dog, Splunk, PagerDuty, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Nginx, Linux, RHEL.
Confidential, Hillsboro, OR
- Implemented Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps Team for internal projects automation and built configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Worked on the Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers wif multiple namespace versions.
- Implemented Micro-services using Private Cloud foundry platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Configured Ansible control machine, Ansible Playbooks (written in YAML language), roles and modules. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks. Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Worked on Docker,Openshiftto manage microservices for development andpoint team player onOpenShiftfor creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside.
- Integrated Jenkins wif Docker container using CloudBees Docker pipeline plugin to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice on boarding tools, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins and extensively worked for End-to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated Maven plugin wif Jenkins and configured pipeline job to invoke maven top-level goals such as compile, test, package, deploy, install and clean.
- Configured GIT wif Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process. Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- UsedNagiosas a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked onNagiosEvent handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- IntegratedELKstack wif several services. Added Redis in between client and server logstash nodes for caching/persistence to enable real-time online updates to the logstash configuration.
- Managed an Elasticsearch Logstash and Kibana (ELK) cluster. Wrote software in python and ruby to automate various system administrator tasks.
- Managed large amount of structured, semi-structured and partitioned data among all nodes in cluster using Cassandra.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Configured commercial SSL certificates for Applications Servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat using NGINX and Apache web servers to terminate SSL endpoint.
- Installed Dynatrace in production for application monitoring, used pure paths to identify slow performing modules and configured Dynatrace for generating custom reports, dashboards and email alerts.
- Extensively worked wif PowerShell to automate SQL tasks, environment management related tasks and procedures on Windows machines.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Build and deployed the .NETapplications on the IIS servers.
- ImplementedITILprocess while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Experience in using Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for ANT, Maven and Gradle Builds.
- Expert in automation using .Net,PowerShell and Bash.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Launched Compute(EC2) and DB(Aurora, Cassandra) instances from Amazon Management Console and CLI
- Experienced wif deployments, maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructureAzure
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tool for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Automated all Builds using Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef.
- Familiar and experienced wif Agile Scrum development.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GITHub, Bit Bucket.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Configuring and deploying OpenStack Enterprise master hosts and OpenStack node hosts.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers usingAnsible.
- Deployed mircoservices, including provisioning AWS environments usingAnsiblePlaybooks.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Experienced in setting up MongoDB, MySQL, SQL, Aurora on AWS
- Experience wif Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
Environment: OpenStack, SVN, GIT, ANT, AWS, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Mondo DB, MYSQL, NO SQL, Chef.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Used TortiseSVN version control system to manage different builds for the system. Involved in writing Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Good command in writing ANT scripts for making all the files local to the server.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA for build deployment in Production.
- Collected the approvals for deploying the code to production.
- Created different files and check sum files for production support.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and puppet.
- Writing SQL Queries for various Reports using ClearQuest.
- Developed and Worked in EA Frame Work.
- Writing Test Cases from Function Specifications.
- Handling Status Calls to explain the progress of defects.
- Providing reports and performing Cleanups requested by client.
- Java coding to fix the defects and also performing unit and integrated testing.
- Capable of Creating new database instances & managing table Spaces, users & roles.
- Conversant in XML related technologies.
- Configured Puppet-Master, installed and configured modules onto the nodes.
- Involved in working wif WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Worked closely wif developers and managers to resolve the issues that rise during the deployments to different environments.
- Communicated wif all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams.
Environment: Java, AWS, Tomcat, Tortise SVN, Ant, Jira, WebSphere, Puppet, Jenkins, Windows.