- Over 8 years of experience inITindustry implementing 6+ years of comprehensive experience in the areas of designing, developing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Monitoring of Enterprise level distributed applications.
- Experienced in all phases of thesoftware development life - cycle (SDLC)and have an in-depth understanding of the principles, best practices ofsoftware configuration management (SCM) in Agile, ScrumandWaterfallmethodologies.
- Expertisewith configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible, continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins, Maven build tool, and cloud architecture AWS, VMWare, Docker, Version control using GIT.
- Experienced in implementing and configuring Devops tools like Git bash, Jenkins, Docker, Chef and Nagios in various Linux distributions
- Experience in Amazon Web Services cloud platform and its features EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM, EIP, KMS, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch and VPC, Cloud Front.
- 2.5+ years of experience as a web developer working on PHP, HTML, CSS, WordPress.
- Experience in using Tomcat apache servers and Docker containers for deployment.
- Configuring, Installing and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers.
- Experienced in working with IT infrastructure monitoring tools like Nagios, CloudWatch.
- Experienced in architecting and managing AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, jar& ear from source code.
- Extensively worked with Chef and Ansible on developing modules and manifests to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management across multiple nodes in the cluster.
- Experienced in branching, Tagging, maintaining the version across the Environments using SCM tools like GIT, SVN.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL, and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Jenkins, to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the deployment.
- Hands on experience in container-based technologies Kubernetes, Docker.
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
Build and Continuous Integration: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
Version Tools: GIT
Languages: Java, SQL
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible
Markip/Scripting Languages: HTML, XML, CSS, PHP, Python, Java Script, Shell
Database: Knowledge of Oracle 11g, MySQL, DYNAMODB, Cassandra
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, Centos & Redhat
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS) - VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, RDS, IAM
Virtualization & Containerization:
Tool: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtual box
Monitoring and Log management: Nagios, ELK
Web/Application servers: Apache Tomcat, Ngnix, Apache HTTP server
Others Tools: WordPress, knowledge of BIG-DATA Hadoop Technologies (HDFS, PIG, HIVE, SQOOP, Map-Reduce)
AWS Devops Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Designing and creating CI/CD pipelines using orchestration tool Jenkins and configuration management tools Chef.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VPC, NAT) and EC2 Installs with Linux, Ubuntu and Scientific Linux.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker images, tagging and pushing the images to Docker repository.
- Worked with Docker to package an application with its dependencies into a standardized unit for Development
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements
- Worked on automation platforms like Ansible, Chef.
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Windows Server, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris and Fedora Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, ElasticIP, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, NAT Gateway.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, Docker, Linux OS, Maven
- As an AWS Devops Engineer, I was responsible for automation and orchestration of cloud services offerings on AWS
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Creating S3 buckets, uploading files through dashboard and cli and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 Instances.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Creating several EC2 machines based on requirement, EBS storage and creating partition and mounting also.
- Creating and configuring RDS Instances based on DBA requirement.
- Working on IAM service based on requirement creating Users & Group and adding roles and polices for the users.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Cookbooks and Recipes.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on performance monitoring tools like AWS cloud watch and Nagios.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles and data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool Jenkins. Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool.
- Started working GIT repository implementation. Defined branching strategies in GIT and implementation of best practices.
- Written Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Managed daily builds and releases to QA.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef.
Environment: AWS - EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Nagios, Git
- Handled AWS Cloud Operations starting from Design till Application delivery.
- Responsible for Implementation, design, architecture, and support of cloud-based solutions across multiple platforms.
- Create and maintain highly scalable and fault tolerant multi-tier AWS environments
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
- Created, configured and implemented Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Security Groups, Network Access Control List (NACL), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2 instances), Elastic Block Store (EBS), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), RDS MySQL, Subnets, Snapshots, Auto-Scaling groups, Route 53 DNS, Glacier, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch.
- Assigned Roles and Policies to Users, Security Groups by using Identity and Access Management.
- Gave architecture guidance for selected Business Units, assessing migration feasibility and deployment strategy based on AWS Architecture best practices.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, IAM, and EMR), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Developed Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity proposal utilizing AWS Services.
- Experienced in designing and configuring VPC - CIDR block, subnet's, security groups, NACL's, Route Tables, direct connect and VPN.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
Environment: AWS - VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, AutoScaling, CloudWatch, ELB
Jr Web Developer
- Worked as junior developer.
- Designing websites based on client requirement.
- Creating websites using WordPress
- Maintaining websites and modifying them according to client’s preferences
- Hosting the web sites and monitoring the performance.
Jr Web Developer
- Worked as a junior developer
- Consistently involved in gathering requirements to build a usable prototype for the organization.
- Developing and maintaining frontend functionality of websites.
- Developing Website design ranging from single page to high complex designs
- Designed database Tables and queries in SQL.
- Enhancements, bug fixes, testing and documentation.
Intern Software Tester
- Served as an intern Software Tester.
- Constantly involved in gathering requirements to build test cases.
- Creating Test cases.
- Performing Manual and Automation testing on the developed test cases.
- Communicating directly with the developers to understand the system and cover all the possible cases to perform testing.
- Reporting back to the Team leader about the bugs that are found during testing.
Environment: Python, Java, Selenium IDE