- Expertise in configuration Management tools like CHEF and ANSIBLE, CI/CD with Jenkins.
- Implemented AWS Cloud Computing services, such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, SNS, ASG, DynamoDB, NACL, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, EMR, Lambda, Terraform, RDS and Glacier.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems GIT, SVN (Subversion), CVS, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and TeamCity for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Prepared Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, along with code quality check, usingBitbucket,Bamboo, Sonarqube,
- Extensively used build utilities like MAVEN, ANT for building of jar, war and ear files.
- Expert in CHEF/ANSIBLE as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes.
- Created ANSIBLE manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Conceived, designed, installed and implemented ANSIBLE configuration management system.
- Work with Docker and help improve our (CD) Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases and reliability.
- Experience working onAzureFabric, Microservices & Docker containers inAzure.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing, Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Ability in deploying the developed code in Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Support for implementing redundant monitoring hosts using Nagios.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server using SQL, PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Created and configured new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRA projects.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Proficient in deploying applications that uses NoSQL or similar RDBMS.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting languages.
- Experience with IBM Rational Suite as an Administrator of the suite on a Linux environment.
- Created Manifest files and modules in ANSIBLE.
- Created Linux Slaves using groovy scripts.
- Deployed EC2 instances consisting of various flavors like Amazon Linux AMI, Red Hat Linux Enterprise, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu server, Microsoft Window Server2012, created Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Managing DNS, LDAP, FTP, Tomcat & Apache web servers on Linux servers, implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTP, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, Load Balancing, TCP, Syslog, SQUID, RPM, YUM, Postfix, NAS, send mail, FTP, Security Management & trouble shooting skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, UBUNTU, RHEL cent os.
Source control tool: Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket, Clear case and Perforce.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, git, Nexus,, ConfluenceAtlassian.
CI Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo and Build Forge, ANSIBLE
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, Github
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python, SQL.
Tracking tools: Atlassian JIRA, BMC Remedy, HPSM, Clear Quest, BugZilla.
Webservers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, DB2,Dynamo db, no SQL
Confidential, Charleston, WV
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Automated build and deployment process with Jenkins and Maven, eliminating 80% of manual work.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Proactively engage to monitor services, performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Working closely for automate the Infrastructure with DevOps Tool and have exposure to various DevOps tools and practices.
- Adroit in Configuration Management tool Ansible.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS services creation based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Analysed and resolved issues in application deployment activities.
- Responsible for providing tools and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with engineers to design, develop and implement solutions that improve the security, scalability, availability, performance and infrastructure cost.
- Created different IAM roles for different services appropriately.
- Worked with AWS CodeStar in order to build the entire CI/CD process for the application.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Knowledge on VPC creation with appropriate subnets and also provisioning appropriate Security Groups and NACL's in order to provide appropriate level of security.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Managed notifying S3, ASG, email notifications using SNS.
- Created DynamoDB schemas for the architecture appropriate.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Aws solutions architect
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used Auto-Scaling and load balancer features.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development team leads.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting and Compiling Java code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven repository. Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Configured Continuous integration tool like Jenkins with version control system GIT. Compile and build the code using maven build tool. Store the artifact files of Jenkins in JFrog artifactory.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Experience in configuration and management tool Chef. Chef-server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools, deployed packages and web applications on nodes through chef-server by using chef-client.
- Used knife tool to authenticate between workstation and chef-server and used chef-client to authenticate between chef-server and nodes.
- Worked on generating and creating cookbooks and writing recipes using ruby language for provisioning ELK on servers and production servers.
- Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testing these images.
- Increasing EBS backed volume storage capacity when the root volume is full using AWS EBS Volume feature.
- Experience on Creating AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Deployed and supported Memcache-AWS ElastiCache, Worked with GitHub private repositories.
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Worked on writing scripting language python 2.7 to automate applications.
- Used monitoring tools like Chef Compliance (Chef Nodes) and Cloud Watch (AWS Services).
- Created a Jenkins pipelines for several scenarios.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Automated cloud deployments using python, and AWS CloudFormation Templates.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT, BitBucket.
Confidential, Roseville, CA
Automation Engineer/Linux Admin
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, tagging and notifications. Experienced and proficient in deploying and administering GitHub.
- Built Continuous Integration Pipeline using Jenkins, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Java, Python and Artifactory
- Deployed builds to production and work with the teams to identify and troubleshoot any issues.
- Configured and scheduled the scripts to automate the module installation in the environment.
- Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, and hard drive status.
- Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, machine, compose and Docker registry.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker
- Worked on m3 xlarge instance type for Active Directory and Remote Desktop Gateway instances, and the high-configured instance type for Network Address Translation (NAT) instances.
- Used Amazon Web Services integrated cloud service as we initiated the process of migration from AWS to Microsoft Azure.
- Deployed and managing many servers utilizing both traditional Microsoft Azure and with the Chef Platform configuration system. And good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, endpoint security and firewall.
- Migrated SQL Server database to Windows Azure SQL database and updated Connection Strings and Responsible for the availability, security, access, backup, and performance of the cloud architecture.
- Good Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation.
- Configured and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Involved in core analysis of improving site level performance by working on a TTR Specialist team.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Managed snapshots, clones, templates during patch releases and new server deployments. Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as-needed.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations.
- Used tools like WinSCP, FTP, FileZilla for transferring files from virtual machines to servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting Production Server problems related to web applications, Send mail, disk space, filesystem, DNS and network connectivity.
- Managed and troubleshooted Apache Web Servers along with hosting and securing web pages with SSL.
- Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators. Working on volume/File system management using LVM.