- Over 7+ years of experience in DevOps/ Agile Operations, Linux Administrator, Configuration Management, Change Management, Build and Release Engineering and Cloud Management.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and its services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, OpsWork, and Cloud Formation through AWS management console and AWS CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Experience in writing Terraform scripts for AWS infrastructure. Enabled AWS Config to monitor changes in AWS accounts. Developed AWS Config Rules to monitor for unencrypted volumes and untagged resources in all accounts.
- Designed, Configured and Deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack, Services and Utilities focusing on automation.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL server AZURE Databases from locally installed SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) for developers.
- Effective customer service skills with good understanding of the principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management(SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Performed as DevOps enabler, specializing in Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Cloud, and Infrastructure as Code, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Monitoring, Alerting and Service Level Dashboards.
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible and Chef.
- Hands on experience in using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city and Hudson. Supporting scheduled builds using scripts and tools.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT, Perforce.
- Source code management is performed using Git from master repository and noledge on Container management using Docker in Creating images.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and Jfrog Artifactory. Has hands on experience with Bitbucket server. Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Supported Server/VM provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Chef. Experience in deploying using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Configured Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet dat included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation and Deployed Qualys into AWS EC2 instances with Puppet Automation Scripts.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configured Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure. Worked on knife command line tool to manage the nodes, cookbooks, recipes, roles, environments and data bags
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with YAML SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Hands-on experience onAnsibleandAnsibleTower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Expert with Installation of Linux and Windows OS such as RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008-R2/2012-R2.
- Experience and familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix Xen Server/Openstack. Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Experience with VMWare tools like Vcenter & vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working VMotion.
- Strong noledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP and Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management. Experience in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Perl, VB Script, UNIX shell scripts, Python scripts. Experience with Integration Code Review Tools like GIT and Gerrit.
- Good experience and understanding of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC) technology including zoning, disk creation on various systems.
- Developed reports and dashboards using analytics tools like Kibana, Splunk, Tableau, Microsoft Report Builder(MSBI). Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x/7 SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, Openstack.
Virtualization/Containerization Technologies: VMWare ESXi 6, vSphere ESXi 5.5, VMWare ESX 3.x, VM Ware Vsphere 4.x, Virtual Center, VI Client, citrix-xen, Docker, pivotal cloud foundry, vagrant
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, Subversion, Perforce, Clear Case, CVS, and Bit Bucket.
Languages: Shell Scripting, power Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Software and Tools: VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x, WinSCP, FTP, SSL, VERITAS Cluster Services.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere and JBoss.
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk, AppDynamics
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB 7 SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
Hardware: Dell R710, R720, R510 and R910, IBM Blade Servers.
Confidential, Orlando, Florida
Sr. DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineering
- Maintained the user accounts IAM, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud. Build servers using AWS. Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, importing volumes also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center using snowball and AWS migration service. Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Provided highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Configured Cassandra clusters in Amazon Web Services Cloud and migrated data between environments.
- Generated python scripts to manage the Automatic backup of the EC2 - ELB volumes and created scheduled jobs using Lambda functions to create the snapshots of the volumes with the AWS API for EC2 Instances storage.
- Configured AWS BeanStalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using CloudWatch.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet. Working with Devops practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Configuring Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QA and STAGING to Linux environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring GITHUB repositories. Implemented Microservices architecture to convert monolithic heavy application into smaller applications.
- AutomatedJBOSSconfiguration and deployments using various perl/shell scripts. Worked on the mutual authentication between HTTP Servers, Web Sphere/JbossJVMs hosting these web service applications.
- Configured Ansible for one of many abstraction layers for grouping a set of tasks (plus default data, templates, handlers, files). Worked on Ansible to spin up Jenkins server with all the dependencies, like multiple Java versions and Jenkins dependencies.
- Experience in scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower. Wrote Ansible Playbooks with YAML SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks to integrate WebSphere with LDAP server.
- Worked on installing of Docker, created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.Responsible for all AD, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG's, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery model. To achieve Continuous Delivery(CD) goal on high scalable environment, configured Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized Application Servers.
- Configured Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.Created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Monitored and analyzed network traffic and security appliances to detect intrusions, identify infection vectors and compromised accounts using Splunk.
- Utilize Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured using Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Cloud Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Migrated VMware VMs from on premise to AWS cloud and migrated applications using AWS services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS and monitored scalable infrastructure, Elastic Load balancing and Glacier on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creatingsecuritygroups to associate with the networks and Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using Terraform.
- Configured AWS, IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS (Cloud formation, Cloud Front).
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) for distributing traffic among multiple Web Logic servers and Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services(AWS) using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Installation, Configuration and up gradation of Clusters andAzure.Transferred the data from On-prem toAzurecloud using Talend jobs with Hybrid systems.
- Delivered high performance multi-threaded coding like the Azure Micro services. Expertise to orchestrate the jobs to and fromAzureAutomation.
- Experience using WebSphere application servers and Apache Tomcat web server for deployments. Automate Integration, System, Smoke Tests and Code Quality using SonarQube.
- Configured MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins or Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Configured ANT, Puppet, Docker scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy Puppet, puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Harvest and VSS and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merge.
- Deployed WARs in TOMCAT Application server using ANT script as a CI/CD Process. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploying critical applications and proactively managing the change. Managed the configuration of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks. Automated multi-tier architecture by Ansible playbooks by writing different tasks in playbooks.
- Hands-on experience on writing Ansible playbook modules to configure JBoss and extending this configuration to multiple application servers fronted by a load balancer or other web server fronted.
- Responsible for Docker and services discovery, including management and customization of images, and adding external content by using Docker Hub, as well as exposing container ports, using port redirects, creating snapshots, writing automation.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images for all microservices and later managed Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker Images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes, also deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Managed Google Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts. Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet. Maintaining the Nexus artifact repository and moving the builds to it using Jenkins interface.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to Web App Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process and wrote shell-script wrappers scripts dat would call ANT, MAVEN from JENKINS.
- Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation. Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks. Configured Perl & Shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies.
- Regularly monitoring application server instances using Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe. Monitoring and service issue resolution of LAMP stack web servers, both shared and VPS.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Build and Release Engineer/ VMware Engineer
- Involved in improvement of CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) Software Release Management strategies for various.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Chef and Jenkins.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Worked closely with the CM teams, which were migrating from SVN to GIT. Was a part of Planning and Build/Deploy processes with the teams. Worked with developers in establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling / naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory).
- Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server. Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and Sonarqube.
- Automated deployment process, the Jar files and started deploying into Application servers by using Jenkins. Setting up the automated daily and nightly builds.
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/WebSphere/Weblogic Application Server and updated the Database Tables running the Database Scripts.
- Implementing/setting up new build environments for various products and release practice in Linux environment; responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT /UAT.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure. Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Managed user disk usage by setting up quotas and Administrated System logs, Security logs. Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Troubleshooting security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Ip-tables, firewall, TCP wrappers. Monitor applications server performance using Nagios, Dynatace and Blue Stripe.
- Integrate JIRAprojects with Confluence Pages and construct Confluence pages.
- Installed WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments also worked on upgrading the environment from WebLogic 8.1/9.2 to 10.0MP2 to 10.3, JBoss 4.x to 5.x and Tomcat 4.x to 5x/6x.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
VMware Administrator/ Linux Administrator
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems. Installing, configuring and updating Red HatLinuxand CentOS using Kick Start server as required for the project.
- Managing linuxservers Red Hat Enterprise, linux deploying security patches and package management. Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Provided Technical Recommendations for Installation and Implementation of Virtual Environments in Industrial Plants. Identified Administrative Standards, Issues and Process Improvements.
- Creating Virtual Machines, installing guest operating systems and installation of VMwaretools.Writing Shell and Perl Scripting and CRON for automation of job.
- Installed Veritas File system (VxFS) and Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems on Sun Solaris and maintained DNS, Network File Services (NFS), and DHCP, printing, mail, web, and FTP services for the enterprise.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and renewing SSL certificates and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of server pools.
- Installed, configured, administered and maintained LDAPDirectory server and done troubleshooting for maintaining network and data security.
- Assigning the newly scanned LUNs from the server to the volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat Volume Manager.
- Designed, deployed and supportedVMware ESXi 3.5/4.x/5x server which hosts the virtual servers for test/dev/staging environment.
- Installing and configuring the VMware, VSphere and creating clusters tuning or High Availability (HA) and Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Experience in Adding servers to vCenter servers and managed hosts using vSphere client.Implemented vCenter Operations supervisor and configured the infrastructure and integrated into the environment. Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 and SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Build out virtualized server landscape from existing bare metal production and staging serversand configured virtual machines and templates; building, deploying the Virtual Machines from those templates and Configured the machines accordingly.
- Scheduled tasks for VMotion and Storage VMotion of VM's and managed snapshots prior to planned patch install or upgrade.
- Involved in P2V, V2V, V2P Migration using Stand Alone VMware Converter Server and Plate Spin. Working on Automated provisioning using vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO).
- Enhanced noledge in VMware ESXi, performed tuning for VMware ESXi hosts and Virtual Machines. Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Implemented and maintained SAN infrastructure. Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers.
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users. Tuned and OptimizedSQLQueries which includes creating database tables, updating table entries.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of RedHat Linux, Solaris, and Windows/NT operating system on large distributed environment.
- Performed Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and Kernel upgradation in RedHat Linux and CentOS servers. Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3) and file servers on Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System. Application, Network problems and performance issues and responsible for maintaining and upgrading firmware, network & Firewall in Linux/Unix Servers.
- Setting and Managing NFS, DNS, TFTP, FTP, DHCP, SNMP, Samba, Shell Scripting, patching, automate nightly builds, end mail and print servers as per client’s requirement.
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity.Responsible for hardware, firmware, Network & Firewall troubleshooting and upgraded, maintained Linux/Unix servers.
- Managed commands for creating new users, groups, user passwords, changing passwords, managing user accounts and locking users, Monitored System processes & system status, identifying system bottlenecks.
- Formatting raw disks and partitioned them me.e involving in creating logical volumes, backups using Logical Volume Manager(LVM) commands on Red hat Linux.
- Joined multiple disks to overcome disk size limitations, mirrored data for fault tolerance. Spread data over multiple disks for performance enhancement.
- Scheduling cron jobs for disk utilization, CPU utilization, backup of the data & operating system and other applications as per the requirement using shell scripting.
- On UNIX & Linuxcreated packages by pushing the software to designated directories with correct permissions & scripted the installation process using shell scripts.
- Implementing password less (SSH) authentication between servers. Worked on Linux/Unix failover, high availability Veritas cluster and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Worked with functional teams to understand their application requirements to design the most efficient F5 load-balancing algorithm.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.