- Guidewire/Sr. Java Developer with over 7 years of experience in analysis, design, implementation, and testing of Web/Enterprise applications in the Client/Server environment using Java/J2EE and GOSU
- Having solid experience working with Claim Center 8.0,7.0, Contact Manager 8.0Billing Center 8.0
- Expertise in designing and developing Web based Enterprise applications using J2EE technologies like JSPs, Servlets, spring,
- Implemented various Design patterns including Business Delegates, Data Access Object, Model View Controller, Session facade, Singleton etc.
- Expertise in configuring the Spring Application Context with dependency injection and using Spring Framework 2.0/2.5 Web Services JMS/JDBC/JNDI
- Performed in developing light weight business components and integrated applications using spring framework, and Spring web MVC.
- Developed Java Beans and used custom tag libraries for embedding dynamic into JSP pages. Performed asynchronous data validation using AJAX.
- Extensively worked on implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)
- Strong at XML Technologies like DTD, XSL, Schemas,X - Path,DOM, SAX
- Hands on experience in developing Java and J2EE applications using Eclipse 2.0/3.0/3.1, My Eclipse 4.1, WSAD 5.0., RAD.
- Experience in deployment of the J2EE applications onWebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with JUnit in performing unit testing and determining the application functionality and Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Methodologies, design patterns and UML modeling using tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Experience in using Software development methodologies such as Agile, SDLC, RUP, and OOAD.
- Extensive experience in working with various databases like DB2, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Expertise in version control tools like CVS and SVN to manage and control software development.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and highly motivated team player with ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to the emerging new technologies.
App Servers, Web Servers: IBM Web Sphere Apache-Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Gosu
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2000/NT/98, Unix, Linux
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB2, MS SQL server, H2
Frameworks: Design Patterns, Hibernate, Structs, Spring
Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Web Services
IDEs (development Tools): Eclipse, IBM Web Sphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD), Rational Application Developer(RAD), Intellij IDEA
Web Technologies: JDBC, JUnit, XSD, SOAP, HTML, XML,XSL
Design Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
- Work on enhancements for Claim Center and resolve issues in production.
- Worked on accelerator implementation and enhancements for team tab and Dashboard in Claim Center to meet business needs.
- Implemented Soap webeservices to provide data for Hp Empower Integration.
- Developed UI for a third party application which acts as a middle layer between Empower and Claim Center.
- Consumed Rest Web services to update Claim Center.
- Custom PCF enhancements on documents screen, email functionality and notifications in claim Center to handle documents created in Claim Center,
- Implemented ESRI Maps in Claim Center.
- Data Enhancements in Claim Center for finances to accommodate payments and checks for handling earth quake related Claims.
- Developed Work Queues and batch Process to handle large work items for data correction.
- Help business and Team to come with HLDs for new development.
- Worked with Architecture team for Security for Single sign on access.
- Participated in Daily Scrum, Requirements gathering and Design Approaches
- Assisted in QA and UAT Testing.
Environment and Tools: Claim Center8.0, Cogent Client, HP Empower, ESRI maps, HP Quality Center, Jenkins, SVN, SQL Server, IntelliJ, Eclipse, WebSphere 8.5.5, Jetty
Confidential, Brenham TX
Guidewire Developer and Technical Analyst
- Developed code for various integrations for Claim Center.
- Worked on development of bulk billing application using file start able plugins and modified Pcfs according to the business requirements.
- Used Flux tool to create workflows to download files from vendor SFTP and FTP to internal file location.
- Implemented accelerators for various implementations for claim center (Thunderhead, CCC ISO).
- Created GX models for sending the required fields for document generation and also provided sample data.
- Created web services for Xactimate to consume in order to provide property estimates.
- Worked with event fired rules for integrations dat involved sending messages and receiving replies.
- Worked with notifications, creation of activities, and sent emails for applications developed as per requirements.
- Worked on handling fraudulent claims and failed payments.
- Worked on design of creation of EFT payments for vendors like CCC, Safelite, Tailored Services.
- Developed batch processes for handling failed payments due to network errors.
- Performed mapping of different lines of business from legacy system to claim center with additional codes for marine and boat.
- Worked on development of claim portal using Edge API to provide update to users regarding updates on the user’s claim.
- Wrote Gunit test cases for user stories developed and tested web services using SOAP UI.
- Worked with Business SME’s and BA to understand functional requirements and provide technical requirements for development.
- Participated in Daily Scrum, Design Approaches and Testing Handoffs.
Environment: Claim Center8.0, Contact Manager8.0, Billing Center8.0, Java, Gosu, Intellij IDEA, thunderhead one, flux, Jenkins, Windows 7,SVN
- Designed and developed EFT payments for Auto Repair Express, Salvage, and Rental providers within a short period of time following Agile Methodology.
- Designed and developed online payments report, daily and weekly paper payments report for all providers using batch process and web service.
- Initiated and developed a tool dat run in a running server and fix any type of bug.
- Initiated and developed a process to retry all failures caused by a network outage.
- Fixed critical issues for inbound and outbound integration of Claim Center with downstream systems.
- Implemented new tools helping production support retrying failed payments
- Collaborated with the data model team in adding new fields to the existing entities, creating new entities, adding and modifying type lists as per the project requirements.
- Designed and developed inbound integration of Claim Center to accept glass invoice and create EFT payments and bulk payments.
- Investigated and solved issues and bugs in customized bulk payments and AD Check Writer functionalities.
- Designed and Implemented outbound integration to send emails to external vendors based on claim center generated events.
- Involved in configuration of Rate Books, Rate Tables, Parameters and Routines as part of Rating Management.
- Involved in configuration of Business Rules like Validation, Pre Update, Audit, Segmentation and Assignment.
- Involved in configuration of various jobs like Submission, policy change, cancellation, reinstatement, rewrite and Audit.
- Involved in configuration of Rating Engine classes for various line of business.
- Integrated External rating engine for policy center.
- Worked with Portal development for customers to view and track policy and claims information.
- Involved in integration between Policy Center, Claim Center
- Worked on Validation Framework, Validation levels.
- Worked on WSI - Web services publishing and consuming as part of integration areas.
- Worked on Query APIs, Bundle Transactions as part of retrieving and update data to database.
- Worked on Custom Batch Process as part of generating the reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Worked on underwriting issues in triggering manually and automatic and approvals related to.
- Worked on Pre-Defined Plugins which are internal to guidewire and some of them are used in integration.
- Worked on Messaging configuring Transport, Request ad Response plugins.
- Participated in various code review sessions and assistance to other developers in implementing Claim Center configuration best practices.
- Provided analysis quickly not just verbally but also in writing.
Environment:, ClaimCenter, ContactManager,Policy Center, Java1.6,GOSU, Tortoise SVN,Hudson
- Development on the new phase of CCS based on the change requests.
- Worked with Mainframe Developer for the creation of new DB2 tables to store data.
- Provide support to various front end components.
- Wrote various service methods to meet end to end requirements.
- Developed a module to create a global repository for a parts related data.
- Uploaded all the code related changes using TFS
- Created queries to fetch the data from the DB2 tables.
- Responsible for Fixing and verification of open bugs.
- Deployed the application in a Websphere Console.
Environment: Java, Spring 3.0, Servlets, JSP, Ajax, DB2, Websphere 8.0, RAD 9.05, TFS(Team foundation Server), Windows 7
Confidential, Hopewell NJ
- Designing, Development, JUnit testing and Integration of the project.
- Design involved the use of several J2EE design patterns.
- Worked with the Business Analyst for requirement gathering and organized regular Demos during the course of development while following Agile methodology.
- Used J2EE 1.4 guidelines with JSPs, Servlets and different Java design patterns.
- Ant build file creation and usage of Maven Ivy tool set, along with dynamic JUnit report generation in PDF format.
- Developed and provided support to many components of dis application from end-to-end, i.e. Front-end (View) to
- Spring Controllers & configurations to Model and Hibernate mappings.
- Used Anzen security tool for configuring and authorizing user information & web security.
- Wrote JQueries for easier Ajax implementation.
- Prepared Load testing scripts using eLoad/etester tool and ran the tests with hundred users and monitored the performance for our application.
- Provided solutions for bug fixes in dis application.
- Created queries, procedures & triggers in the Oracle9i database.
- Used Clearcase as a version-controlling tool for managing the module developments.
- Wrote eLoader and eTester test scripts for various testing business actions.
- Prepared code documentation for future reference and upgrades.
- Conducted code review for team members, involved in Unit testing.
Environment: J2SE, J2EE (Servlets 2.4, JavaBeans 1.0, JSP 2.0), Web logic server 9.1, Spring 3.0, Hibernate 3.0, eLoader, Clear case, AJAX, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000, IDE: Eclipse Juno
- Developed the Servlets for request processing
- Published Static Content pages in the Documentum using Web Publisher Tool.
- Implemented Retrievers, Post Processors, Evaluators.
- Used Post Processors, Evaluators, and Comparators to filter the data according to the user profile.
- Implemented DAOs to retrieve the data from the back end.
- Developed data module which gets data from the database using JDBC Connectivity
- Convert approved design into JSF Web pages.
- Created SQLProcedures and queries to fetch the data.
- Responsible for Fixing and verification of open bugs.
- Deployed the application in UNIX OS in Test Environment
Environment: Java,J2EE JSP, Servlets, Struts, WSAD5.1, XML, Star Team, Oracle 9i, Documentum Web Publisher,JSF, Unix
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developed the MIB management server to trace and log the network hardware devices.
- Developed MIB server interface so external SNMP agents to interact with the system.
- Involved in processing the tag information dat are collected in the electronic lanes through messaging between lane and Plaza.
- Involved in creating interfaces for the Money Room Devices like Coin Counter, Bill Counter, RFID Reader, Vault Scale and Receipt Printer to communicate in a network.
- Involved in designing and developing the interface through which the application shares the information to a remote workstations.
- Implemented the maintenance scheduling agent to have the Money Room devices maintained in proper cycle.
- Spring framework system is used to build the application.
Environment: IBM Websphere Application Server 6.0, JDK 1.5, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, Servlets, XML, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, Oracle, Log4J, IBM Rational Application Developer 7.0, Privia, UNIX, Windows, IBM Clear case, SNMP4J