- Over 5+ Years of professional work experience as Linux Admin, Build & Release/DevOps Engineer with AWS Cloud platform experience with mentoring skills and good understanding of the principles. Experienced in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment/Delivery integration pipelines.
- Experienced with Interpreted languages including Perl and Python
- Understands Compiled languages including C, C++, C#, Dot Net and JAVA.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Facility with development methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, Agile, and hybrid.
- Excellent configuration management utilizing Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experienced in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Git, GitHub, Clear Case and Tomcat.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and managing Web Logic, Apache, VMWare Server in clustered environments for High Availability, Load balancing and fault tolerant.
- Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like VPC, EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's and AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups, etc.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault - tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Strong expertise in designing Micro Services bases solutions utilizing Cloud-Native Architecture.
- Experienced in architecting and managing AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Developed Python modules to automate processes in AWS (AWS Cloud Formation)
- Experienced in designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Experienced in setting up TERRAFORM continuous build integration system
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enables Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x
- Good knowledge of AWS services like Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and IAM and hands on experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) provision.
- Extensive experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud by using AWS services like EC2, ECS, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS, Glacier, DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, SNS and Auto Scaling in a scalable production environment.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tool.
- Extensively worked on CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, and Bamboo for continuous integration and for end-to-end automated build and deployments.
- Strong Experience in implementing Data Warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift Worked on various projects to migrate data from on-premise databases to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Hands-on Experience of the J2EE Framework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
- Strong Experience in LINUX/UNIX Administration, Shell Scripting with expertise in Red-hat Linux 4/56, Solaris 8/9/10, VMware ESXi 4.5/5.5, WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Expertise in writing Automation scripts in Selenium using C Sharp, Dot NET, and Java.
- Skilled at AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Configured DOCKER Containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Exposed to all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) which includes Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Involved in migrating version management systems from CVS to SVN, SVN to CVS, and SVN to GIT.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Good experience working with container orchestration tools Apache Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes.
- Experience in configuration and implementation of Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Experience in logging, monitoring and maintaining application/servers using tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Stash (Bitbucket)
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS and uDeploy.
ConfigMgmt Tools: Chef, and Puppet.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Gradle
Virtualization: Amazon Web Services, VMware Workstation, Docker.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL/PLSQL.
Scripts: Bash, Perl.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, MY SQL
Confidential, Washington, DC
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware ESX, Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- Using Confluence for technical documentation, setting up a knowledge base, Setting up an intranet and Confluence for software teams.
- Install and configuration of Dockers.
- Research and implement new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto - scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Setting up Change Management process and standardizing the policies for various applications.
- Worked in setting up the repos to various projects in GIT.
- Involved in migration from SVN to GIT repos and worked with Linux sys admins for the same.
- Udeploy is used for continuous integration, fast feedback and udeploy (urban(code)) pipeline is a multi-tool pipeline.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Monitoring - Nagios, artifactory, Custom checks, Zabbix, App Dynamics, Splunk.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Managed the software configurations using Enterprise Chef.
- Setup the Chef Workstation, Chef server and chef nodes.
- Worked on Atlanssian Tools and bootstrapping the nodes.
- Worked in creating, uploading new cookbooks and recipes.
- Worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- AWSEC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors viz., Oracle Linux, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows.
- Experience in setting up TERRAFORM continuous build integration system.
- Worked on Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef automation.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, GIT, Confluence and Jira.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Perform Deployment of Release to, various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Setup various non-production environments for validating various applications.
- Creating the SQL, PL/SQL scripts (DML and DDL) in oracle database and revising them in SVN.
- Created multiple Ruby, maven, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Maven, Selenium, Jenkins, Zabbix, GIT, SVN, Chef, cloud watch, Azure, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Solaris, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Shell Scripting, Ruby, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, SOA.
Confidential, Washington, DC
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Implemented Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana for the Sales and Audit application.
- Responsible to equip the in - house applications with DevOps Automation, Cloud Modernization, Automating digital applications by Migration of legacy platforms to AWS Cloud.
- Managed Amazon Web Service (AWS) projects while coaching the agile process and help implement agile methodology.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Add project users to the AWS account with multifactor authentication enabled and least privilege permissions.
- Created Automation to create infrastructure forKafkaclusters different instances as per components in cluster using Terraform for creating multiple EC2 instances &attaching ephemeral or EBS volumes as per instance type in different availability zones & multiple regions in AWS.
- Experience in Using Terraform to wrote CloudFormation scripts automate the provisioning of AWSresourceslike IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to Puppetscripts that provisioning / configuration of servers on the instances. Using terraform we had customized our infrastructure in aws configuration dashboard using aws resources.
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server with understanding of Knife and ChefBootstrap process etc and writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto ChefServer for configuring EC2instances.
- Used Terraform and did "Infrastructureascode" and modifying terraformscripts as and when configuration changes happens.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Recognize, adopt, and install the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, and incident response.
- Perform non-technical security tasks such as contributing technical information to sections of the System Security Plan (SSP).
- Provided DevOps teams with clear direction - including appropriate governance and decision making.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins server and integrated with, Git Maven,JIRA and Email Servers.
- Used and configured different plugins like Delivery Pipeline Build var,Env Inject plugins for Jenkins.
- Designed Delivery pipeline in Jenkins based on different Environments like Dev, SIT, UAT and Production.
- Configured Jenkins Master and Slave for RPD and deployment on Weblogic and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Used and written Python scripts to deploy build artifacts to Weblogic WLST (Weblogic Scripting tool).
- Have also worked on writing python scripts to integrate Git and Jenkins with JIRA.
- Setup and Configured BitBucket server.
- Developed branching model in BitBucket using Git Flow.
- Integrated BitBucket Server with PostgreSQL and LDAP server.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet.
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker.
- Scheduler for periodic backups of Jenkins, JIRA and PostgreSQL.
- Worked on integrating Selenium with Jenkins.
- Written Cronjobs to automate daily and weekly jobs.
- Also written shell scripts to automate the Deployment of Artifacts to Linux boxes.
- Integrated Dockers with Jenkins using the Dockers plugin
- Support containerization through Dockers and maintain snapshots of Jenkins.
- Owner of Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory, and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, OpenLava, Subversion, UNIX, GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Solaris, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Work with other teams to help develop the Puppet infrastructure to conform to various requirements including security and compliance of managed servers.
- Built a VPC, established the site - to- site VPN connection between Data Center and AWS .
- Develop push-button automation for app teams for deployments in multiple environments like Dev, QA, and Production.
- Help with the creation of dev standards for Puppet module development including best practices for version control ( git ).
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of the Linux server on AWS using Zabbix, Nagios and Splunk .
- Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, Route 53, Cloudtrail, IAM, and Trusted Advisor services.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, S3 and puppet .
- Worked on JIRA for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using CONFLUENCE .
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Good Experience in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
- Amazon IAM service enabled to grant permissions and resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS IAM .
- D esigning and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA .
- Included security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs and scheduling cron jobs for job automation using commands with Crontab.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python .Experience with Puppet to more easily manage enterprise Puppet deployments
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling /naming conventions using GIT source control.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Chef, Terra form, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble - free roll out of releases.
- Working in setting up Virtual Private Cloud, Subnets, routing table, internet gateway Access control list and security groups.
- Working on end to end in setting up of environments like DEV, IT, QA, IQA UAT and PROD environments in AWS cloud.
- Role required Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and Virtual Machine's as required in the environment.
- Strong hands-on on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Performed Build/Release/SCM engineer duties.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents, Create Puppet modules and Classes.
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers and Developed and improved GIT push scripts.
- Written chef cook books and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, web logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Gradle and written python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Working on SAST and DAST tools for secure code reviewing and to find potential vulnerabilities.
- Experience in writing ansible scripts.
- Used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintain.
- Worked on Virtualization of build and SCM environments.
- Performed SCM-guru tasks including branching, merging, server recovery, permission handling.
- Building pipelines in Jenkins while also fully scripting the creation and provisioning of Jenkins.
- Scripting infrastructure and (Linux) machine provisioning from scratch using tools such as bash and the Ruby AWS-SDK.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform, ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Perl Scripts, JIRA, Subversion, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Tomcat Application servers.