- Perform as a User Experience Design lead in Federal, State, non - profit and private contracts.
- Build, manage and motivate UX teams.Created the User Experience team at Confidential ’s ITS division and successfully managed it for over five years. Strong track record of delivering multiple projects in agile environments on time and within budget.
- Oversight of UX staffing / teaming decisions, setting goals, and meeting client deliverables efficiently. Experience leading Onsite/Offshore model UX teams.
- Organize UX teams and prioritize & track milestones and tasks to be performed by team members in order to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Draft User Experience Journey Maps, Personas, User Scenarios, Taxonomy, style guides, low and high-fidelity wireframes while converting legacy applications to modern responsive designs. Owned end-to-end customer experience design for Patent Center project at the USPTO.
- Deliver solutions based on feedback from user focus sessions, user interviews and participatory design sessions.
- Redesign legacy applications. Redesigned legacy applications for the Confidential, Confidential FreddieMac and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Design real time data driven dashboards. Designed real time dashboards for executive analysis and decision making at FreddieMac, Confidential and Verizon.
Usability Testing: Morae, Google Analytics, A/B Testing
Wireframes: Axure RP Pro, JustInMind, Sketch, Marvel, Invision, AdobeXD, Figma, Framer
Management: Rally, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project
Design: Brainstorming, Focus Group Interviews, Contextual Interviews, Heuristic analysis, Task Analysis, Participatory Design sessions, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Material Design
Section 508: AccVerify, AccRepair, JAWS, NVDA Screen Reader, Cynthia validator, Wave
Dashboards: Dundas dashboards, MicroStrategy dashboards, D3
UX Subject Matter Expert
- Delivered solutions based on feedback from user focus sessions, user interviews, and participatory design sessions.
- Result: System scored 85% on System Usability Scale (SUS)
- Present design solutions at Legal Secretaries and Administrators’ Conference (LSAC) and other events.
- Delivered all the designs at least 2-3 sprints ahead of the development effort.
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, design specs and oversee the proposed design implementation by testing the application on development and FQT environments. Provide feedback to the development team at end of iteration.
- TMeOG application received a Gold Medal Award from the Department of Commerce.
- Responsible for providing status reports, monthly Google Analytics reports to Portfolio Manager and UX leads.
- Result: Analyzed user feedback and propose usability enhancements to current and future releases of the project.
User Experience EngineerConfidential
- Ideation, planning, prototyping of multiple pilot projects aiming to be part of an enterprise level software in the upcoming future.
- Result: Multi-disciplinary teams follow a standard approach in developing the end product, in turn producing a usable product.
- Design and develop dashboards for executive management using D3 dashboard.
UI / UX Design and Development Lead
- Work with the management to re-build the UX strategy, budget and resourcing of UX team members that translated into successful projects and feature improvements.
- Responsible for delivering reimbursement process flow for Confidential Tax-Aide and Confidential Driver Safety volunteers.
- Result: The reimbursement period was reduced from 3 weeks to 4 days. Volunteer reimbursement submissions increased by 300%.
- Redesigned Confidential Driver Safety Course locator functionality and provided wireframes to the development team (another cross functional team at Confidential ).
- Result: Enhanced user experience of an important functionality that Driver Safety Program provides.
- Designed "Profile" widget for Confidential Create The Good volunteers which was embedded at multiple locations including Facebook, Confidential .org.
- Worked with senior executives to design data driven dashboard for Create the Good program.
- Responsible for designing and developing call center process for Confidential Event Management.
Lead User Experience Consultant
- Led redesign efforts for Confidential Guest e-Interface aiming better user experience for customers staying at Confidential properties.
- Led user experience efforts for Design Standards Initiative for Confidential .com.
- Designed time-out session user experience for online reservation system.
- Result: User is well informed about session expiration resulting in enhanced user experience on Confidential .com.
- Played a vital role in analyzing web optimization for Confidential .com. Used DynaTrace tools for the analysis.
- Result: Pointed out various blocks causing increase load times of Confidential .com.
User Interface Designer
- Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, built and led User Experience team and created vision for user experience design within Confidential 's Information Technology Solutions (ITS) division.
- Initiated User Centric prototype-based development process and User Experience practice to Information Technology Solutions Group (ITS).
- Responsible for delivering Personas, usability reports, design standards, patterns, style guides and site maps.
- Led the design of Confidential Volunteer Portal.
- Result: Volunteer Portal replaced multiple legacy applications becoming one central point for 60000+ volunteers to interact with Confidential systems.
- Designed email campaigns and surveys for ITS. These emails were sent to more than 170,000 Confidential members and volunteers.
Sr. User Interface Designer
- Performed usability testing and synthesized data into concrete design proposals using storyboards and high-fidelity prototypes. Involved end users in usability testing.
- Result: Improved the data entry process by 300%. “To this day, I think of Niranjan positively as I index the thousands of legislative actions each session” - Amy Leach: Principal Clerk at California State Assembly.
- Developed Section 508 of ADA and WCAG level 2 (Double A) compliant software and validated the same with W3C and HiSoftware Cynthia tools.
- Result: The software was ready to be used by physically and visually challenged people.
User Interface Designer
- Worked with User Experience Strategist in creating Enterprise Style guide and standard components for use across Enterprise Series (ES) Applications.
- Result: Established a consistent conceptual model and look and feel. Created the concept of the ES Application Suite, replacing loosely-coupled applications.
- Lead three technically complex, large-scale modules from conceptual design to deployment.
- Lead User Interface development process working with offshore team (HCL Technologies, India).