- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps / Build and Release Engineering, Software confirmation management in automating, build, deploy and release.
- Experienced in using cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS).
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant.
- Managing web applications and other services to the cloud, involved with networking, firewalls, hosting, Windows and Azure.
- In - depth knowledge in Shell scripting and exposure to Perl, Ruby, Python scripting.
- Experience on Amazon WEB Services(EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Lambda).
- Utilized AWS for EC2, AmazonAPI Gateway, Lambda and several other services.
- Good knowledge of UCM Clear Case, Clear Quest and experience with an additional version control systemsuch as SVN, Perforce, CVS and TFS.
- Hands on experience of IT automation software tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensively experience in using Build and Automation toolslike Ant and Maven.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, CVS, Subversion, Team foundation server, and Nexus.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat LinuxServers.
- Used Cheffor managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL.
- In AWS, wrote an image management using APIs exposed by AWS. Installed and configured Chef in AWS.
- Experience in trouble shooting, Configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss.
- Experienced in Test end-to-end project management & Cloud Computing -Microsoft Azure, Application Life Cycle Management and Application Security & Compliance.
- Have working knowledge of defect tracking tool JIRA. Experience using WebLogic, WebSphere web servers for deployments.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the buildand releaseprocess.
- Proficient in trouble shooting complex buildproblems, release and environment issues in the multi component environment. Worked on coordinating multiple releases across the projects.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work independently as a member of a team.
Control Version Tools: CVS, Tortoise SVN, Clear Case, GIT, Perforce, PVCS, Perforce, RedMine, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), OpenStack (Nova, Swift, Glance)
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, Perl scripting, Batch scripting, Power Shell scripting, SQL, Java/J2EE, Ruby, Python, Bash, VMware ESX
CI Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN and Gradle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Web servers: Web logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, DB2
Operating System: Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, LINUX, REDHAT, Linux Mint, Fedora, Ubuntu, Cloudera
Others: MS Outlook, Azure, Agile, SCRUM, Load Balancing
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems
- Coordinated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software & QA Engineers, to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of Build and Deployment processes to support every phase of development including production releases
- Responsible in understanding of the interdependencies and structure of systems and implement this knowledge to improve the build and release processes which allow rapidly evolving product offerings
- Improved continuous integration environment, monitored builds, maintained configuration & automated processes
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Handled the development of reporting metrics and to provide reports to Management on different levels of statistics
- Worked with Source Control Tools such as GIT Stash, Sub version
- Worked on requests for adhoc deployment for a particular environment and use the adhoc deploy plan in bamboo
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked on ENV property files management involved in ENV property files promotion to the SCRUM environments
- Configured Red Hat Kick start for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Managed Code Repository by administering database baseline, improved practices of branching and code merge.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build scripts and move from one environment to other.
- Used Perl & Shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to Web App Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process.
- Integrated JIRA with Stash and created automated release notes using Perl scripts.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
Environment: AWS, Subversion, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, MAVEN, Nagios, VMware, JIRA, Stash, Ruby, Web logic, BASH, Java/J2EE, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, SCRUM, LINUX, Windows.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Setting up and building AWS infrastructure resources such as VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Elastic Search, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Lambda and RDS in Cloud Formation and involved in deploying the content to Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, EBS.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS Ec2 instances.
- Used Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Support an Agile CI/CD Environment as a DevOps Engineer where we make the Atlassian tools (Jira and Bitbucket) and also provide layer 3 supports on these tools if there are any issues.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform
- Implemented a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Our Continuous Integration stack consists of GIT, Jenkins, CI/CD, the Docker Trusted Registry and OpenShift Enterprise.
- Lead the cloud infrastructure maintenance effort using a combination of Jenkins, Chef andTerraform for automating CICD pipeline in AWS.
- Used OpenShift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Created automated deployment job for Tomcat with Jenkins and managed deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Responsible for a boarding application teams to build and deploy their code using GitHub, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control and Used Ansible to document application dependencies into version control.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies and performed all necessary day to day GIT support for different projects.
- Created new jobs in Jenkins and built pipeline for Continuous Integration and migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive task.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on maintaining, administering and supporting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Worked with SE team for any missing or new requirements via scheduled calls and Q chats and supported interfacing application teams by providing production logs and Data as needed for their data analysis.
- Take ownership for all the SXP tickets and provide status on calls and co-ordinate end-to-end ensure all systems are in sync on some tickets which have dependencies.
- On-call support bi-weekly for troubleshooting production issues and for any updates/patches.
Environment: AWS, Subversion, Azure, TFS, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, IIS, Shell scripts, PostgreSQL, JIRA, Service Desk, Splunk, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Enabled a business to securely provide customers access to internal data via a web portal.
- Experience of writing and managing Chef Scripts and using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Created alerts on the requests from managers for certain tasks. And Analyzed security-based events, risks and reporting instances.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured storage on S3 buckets.
- Responsible for using AWS console for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB and Cloud Formation.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing and managing java versions.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins. Install, Configure, and Administer Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, and EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Experience in source code management tools like GitHub, Stash and beanstalk app.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache, Cloud Watch, Git, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible CHEF, Puppet, Linux.