- Over 8 years of strong development experience in User Interface applications and integration of highly transactional and scalable applications using Object Oriented Analysis and design (OOA/OOD) principals.
- Experience in interacting with clients/users in gathering the user requirements.
- Proficiency in the Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Followed Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodology of software development, which satisfies the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Extensive knowledge in working with J2EE technologies such as Servlets, Struts, JSP, Spring, Hibernate, and Object Oriented Programming techniques.
- Validated the client side applications using jQuery Validation Plug - in.
- Experience in working with RESTful Web Services and implementing RESTful API's.
- Experience in taking performance optimization measures for website/web applications to reduce the response times and hence enhancing the end user experience.
- Good experience in development of Database Components (Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, queries constraints) in Oracle.
- Creative Knowledge in art creation, modification and conversion Logos, print media, web page and software interface design.
- Experienced in using UI editors like Sublime Text Editor, Eclipse, and Aptana Studio.
- Strong understanding of Animation and how things should look, feel and move.
- Involved in the production support of the applications.
- Prepared test case scenarios and internal documentation for validation and reporting.
Front End: HTML, DHTML, XHTML, HTML5, XML, JSON, XSL, XPath, XSLT, CSS, CSS3, and FlexBuilder2.0/3.0.
Frameworks: AngularJS, Backbone.js, ExtJS,Structs.
Web/App Servers: Web Sphere 8.0(beta), Web logic and Tomcat 5.0/6.0/7.0
Version Control System: SVN, CVS, Clear Case.
Desktop Tools: Acrobat Writer, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Madison, Wisconsin
Senior UI Developer
- Worked closely with internal clients to define business objectives, project scope, solution space and design/development approach for various knowledge research applications.
- Setting up AngularJS framework for UI development. Developed html views with HTML 5, CSS 3, JQuery 1.1.0, JSON, and Java Script.
- Utilized Modernizer extensively to build HTML5/CSS3 based page layouts that are cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant.
- Designed Developed User Interface module using J2EE, JSP, Servlet’s, Struts .
- Built custom UI Widgets and Application logic using AngularJS MVC architecture.
- Produced and consumed Rest Web Services, developed DAO’s and DTO classes for services and consumed through Angular factory service calls from front end.
- Used CSS3 to develop Rich UI Components such as Accordions and Modal Windows using pure HTML 5 and CSS3.
- Developed code to call the web service/APIs to fetch the data and populate on the UI using JQUERY/AJAX, Backbase
- Used ‘TestNG’ for backend test cases and ‘Jasmine’ for AngularJS test cases.
- Using Google analytics reports, optimized the page load time for the pages that had heavy traffic and improvised those pages using CSS.
- Worked on Twitter Bootstrap to create Responsive Web Design.
Confidential, Groove, IL
- Interacted with the client to understand their existing applications and design the site according to their system requirements thereby played important role in requirement gathering.
- Involved in structuring and facilitating Rapid Application Development sessions.
- Designed and developed the front end using HTML, DHTML, and XML.
- Created CSS templates for use in all pages on the website working with CSS Background, positioning, text, border, margin, padding, table, Pseudo classes, Pseudo elements and CSS3 Border, CSS3 Background, CSS3 Transitions.
- Developed MVC design pattern based User Interface using JSP, HTML and Struts.
- Used the jQuery widgets like Accordion, Date picker, Draggable, Droppable, Resizable jQuery interactions
- Used JSP, JSTL, HTML and CSS, JQuery as view components in MVC.
- Redesigned user interface HTMLframeworks withBootstrapand refinedCSSstyling.
- Worked with jQuery UI plug-in like Widgets, Interactions, and Effects.
- Worked on AngularJS, which combines web applications with Model View Controller capability to make development and testing of code efficient.
- With responsive design to create one well-planned site to deliver an optimized experience in context to each device or screen size.
- Worked with jQuery Message plug-in, jQuery Validation Plug-in.
- Applied optimization techniques to reduce page size and load times to enhance user experience using sprites.
- Used Ajax XML Http Request to post chat messages and to periodically check the server for new messages and update your chat window.
- Designed graphics, buttons, logos and flash animation for the website.
- Validated the code using W3C Mark-Up validation and also checked for the cross-browser compatibility using Cloud Testing.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Communicate with the client to understand the requirement of the website, gained experience in project planning, involved in writing the Project Design Document and Project Plan Document.
- Hands on the process of development, testing and maintenance.
- Participated as a team member in designing the user interface using HTML and CSS to make the interface use-friendly, especially child-friendly.
- Applied jQuery validation plugin to validate the user input and to improve user experience.
- Hands on JSON for data transform and page transform.
- Conducted unit testing and end-to-end testing on the supported browsers.
- Used CSS/CSS3 to embed the online videos for product introduction.
- Communicate with other members in the team to better understand the functional requirements and transfer them into technical requires.
- Designed the login system using jQuery.
- Worked with other members in the group, committed code change using version control tool SVN and merge code from other developers using tool Win Merge.
- Experienced debugging and solving cross-browser compatibility problems.
- Participated in the maintenance of the website.
- Worked closely with product management teams to strategize design solutions, produced navigation flows and prototypes.
- Instrumental role in the development of Hi-fidelity prototypes using HTML, HTML5.
- Designed the user interface and navigation for the whole web application using XHTML, XML.
- Created cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts usingCSS margin, CSS padding, CSS table, Pseudo classes, Pseudo elements and CSS behaviors in CSS andCSS3 Background, CSS positioning, CSS3 text, CSS3 border.
- Designed animated icons, vector images, banners, templates and presentations with the help of Macromedia Flash MX and Action Script 2.0
- Created Test Plans for Unit Testing and System Testing.
- Involved in supporting the User Acceptance Testing for the first implementation.
- Devised optimal Human Computer Interactions by minimizing dialogue and reducing ambiguity in various project screens.
- Drafted usability evaluation as needed in planning, preparation, and follow up so that, each design iteration was evaluated effectively, and at the correct time.