- Software Professional Having 7+ Years of Experience in It Industry Comprising of Two years of Linux Systems Administration and Six years of Software Configuration Management
- Extensive experience includes SCM,Devops,Build/Releasemanagement, Change/Incident management and Cloud management.
- Experienced in Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Salt stack for deployment on multiple platforms.
- Deployed and configured chef server including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning. Created Roles, Recipes, Cookbooks and Data bags for server configuration.
- Build tools like Ant, Maven for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code and Continuous Integration with Jenkins/Hudson bamboo, and Team city.
- Hands on experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar & war) from source code and static code analysis usingSonarQube
- Experience with version control systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (subversion), Perforce, and IBM rational team concert.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware & XEN.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Php, Python & Perl scripts.
- Wrote prototype and production code in numerous programming languages on an as - needed basis depending on language(s) of existing codebase:Golang/ Go, Ruby, MySql and Python
- Working on Amazon web services (AWS) andOpen stackcloud to provision new instances
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and windows - batch, shell script etc.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like web sphere/ web logic/apache tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Provisioned numeroustool chainsfor multiple teams across IBM including IBM Urban code deploy, Docker and Elk.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository managers for mavenbuilds
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Have good hands on experience working on cloud platforms like Open Stack,Rack spaceand Amazon web services.
- Experience in Microsoft azurecloud services (PAAS & IAAS), storage, web apps, active directory
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an APACHE TOMCAT/MY SQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Hands on experience in web based Internet/Intranet application development using .NET Framework, Visual Studio.NET, C#, ADO.Net, ADO, IIS, XML, XQuery, and MS SQL Server.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x, 1.3.x, 1.2, JBoss4.0.x Web Servers and, BEA Web Logic 8.x, 9.x servers connected to F5 Load balancers using BIG IP.
- Designing the entire cycle of application development by using Docker.
- Experienced withDockerorchestration tools likeDockerSwarm, Kubernetes, Mesos and Marathon.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, SiteScope for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Championed the use of the Atlassian Toolchainfor the SDLC
- Conduct systems design, feasibility & cost studies and recommend cost-TEMPeffective cloud solutions like Amazon web services (AWS) and experience with Perforce, Subversion and CVS.
- Involved in handling tickets, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance for Day to day Activities.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA,Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM clear quest.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance,buildcontrollers andbuild agents.
- Experience in integrating unit tests and code quality analysis Tools like JUnit and Sonar Qube
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN, OSI model, Firewall (checkpoint).
- Participated, documented, managed ITIL controls and supported Linux environment.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite ( DNS, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Management of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing builds& test runs and Troubleshooting expertise -buildfailures due to dependencies, tests, etc
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
SCM Tools: Puppet, Chef, CVS, Subversion, GIT, ANT, Maven, Sonarqube, Gradle, Jira, Quality Center, MS Project, Visual Studio 2008/2010, MS buildJenkins
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure and Open Stack
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hundson and TeamCity.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux (red hat), Windows XP/ 2000/ 2003.
Database: PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005/2008R2
Scripting: Shell(groovy), Python, Ruby, XML and Golang
Automation Tools: Selenium2.0,Seleniumweb driver, Test NG.
Programming Languages: C/C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, VB .NET
Monitoring & Log Tools: New Relic, IBM Tealeaf and splunk, Nagios.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic Server, Apache Tomcat Apache and IBM HTTP server
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Devops / Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team dat involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Installed/configured/managed Jenkins (CI) automation.
- Implementing a continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Created various Branches for each purpose, merged from development to release branch, created tags for releases.
- Used Git for local repo’s and bit bucket, Github for remote repo’s and for further builds and continuous integration.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Strong in C and working with Gcc and cross compilertool chains.
- Managed QA teams, documentation, and communications. Wrote code using Perl to automate data loading
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment using Puppet.
- Extensive use of Docker to automate deployment of applications inside container for efficient usage of underlying systems. Managed Docker containers allowing PAAS model of deployment.
- Written bash scripts to deploy thejavabased packages like ear and war on the tomcat application server. Worked extensively on subversion as version Control.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Working on GitHub to store the code and integrate it to Ansible to deploy the playbooks and managingrack spaceservers.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Working withSeleniumWeb Driver, TestNG and JUnit framework for test automation in SQT
- Responsible for automated ScheduledBuilds/EmergencyBuildsandReleaseusing ANT scripts for Enterprise application (J2EE).
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline involvingGitLab, Jenkins,Chef, Docker, and Selenium for complete automation from commit to deployment.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Involved code deployment process into development server throughSWMdeployment process.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MY SQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Involved in fetching the data from databases like MySQL andNoSQLlikeMongoDB.
- Integrated Selenium regression test modules with Cucumber reporting into the CI framework.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release notes using Perl Scripts; used JIRA to track issues
- Involved JDK, tomcat, Web Logic binaries installation and domain creations.
- Deployed web applications into different application servers using Jenkins.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)configuration management
- Created & updated restful API for Sequencer, Sequence Registrar & Manager apps.
- Built Java code and .NETcode on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Developed in-house .NETapplications to run test programs, monitor system health, aggregate log data, and send automated alerts in case of test failures.
- Extensive use of Mongo Db, Angular js, and Node Js for configuring an application and deploying the application on to premises
- Design highly available, cost TEMPeffective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Monitoring AWS Instances regularly using ops view andNewRelictools.
- Deployed a test environment by running applications in Docker container and pushing Docker images to AWS EC2 container registry (ECR) repository. Tan, launched aKubernetescluster to run the containers.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment onOpen stackenvironments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Used chef for creating recipes in cookbooks in local chef workstation and stored the configuration data on chef server for managing the nodes. Boot strapping and provisioning the nodes using chef server and managing run-lists.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Implemented security policy and managed firewalls/IDS. Managed DNS, send mail, IP space, and co-location facility transition.
- Work with vendors and different Engineering Product Groups in various IT solutions involving Linux, vSphere, Hadoop,Open Stack, etc
- Implemented a genericGolangbackend Restful server dat allows asynchronous and sequential PIPEs to have fast and powerful APIs..
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Kickstart.
- Experienced onSonarQubeto process the Server processes and stores the analysis report results in theSonar QubeDatabase, and displays the results in the dashboard using Jenkins.
- Generated reports on different bugs & tickets using JIRA/ Bug tracking; created & solved blocked/unassigned tickets
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to TEMPeffectively use the tool.
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in Java development continuous integration environment and automated
- Handled large complex software systems to isolate & reproduce defect, assess risk and deployment of customers.
Environment: Aws Cloud, Shell, Python, Web Logic Server 11g, Active Directory, Jdk1.7, Xml, Swm Package, Svn, Jenkins, Open stack, MongoDB, Sonarqube, Maven, Git, Azure, Jira, Sql, DNS, DFS, Puppet, Perl, Ant, Golang, Unix, Windows Nt/2000 and Web Sphere, Subversion, Chef, Java/J2ee, Jira, Linux and Rack space.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed and implemented SoftwareReleaseManagement strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA and UAT.
- Wrote build.xml for applications using ANT and Analyzing ANT projects for converting ANT build projects to Maven build projects.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of project requirement changes.
- Developing Maven Build Scripts based on the requirements. Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Hands on experience inGNUtool chain(Gcc, gdb, make, arm Gcc)
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to-endautomationof various build and deployments.
- Involved in Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQLAzure
- Set-up and maintained auto-scalingopen stack(preferred using cloud formation and scripting)
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for few applications by creating release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code, installed and administered Jenkins CI for ANT and Maven Builds.
- Participated in the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance monitoring of on- premise ALM and continuous delivery servers and associated tools.
- Experience in User management and plug-in management for Jenkins.
- Analyzed the builds using theSonarqube.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Improved entire release process by automating all manual/time consuming steps with Devops tools like Chef, Jenkins.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed certain features of the application functionality me.e. CRUD (Create, read, update, delete) features usingAngularJs.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing/new infrastructure.
- Good understand of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Responsible for implementing solutions with Web Logic for stand-alone and clustered environments usingHTTPPlug-ins for Apache.
- Installing, configuring, administration of Windows 2003 servers,ActiveDirectoryServices, DNS, DHCP, FTP, DFS, IIS Web Server and SQL Database Server.
- Deployed the archives like war files into the Tomcat Application Servers.
- Used Remedy, Jira as deployment issue tracking tool
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, andOpsWorks.
- AWS andOpen stackto provision new machines for clients. S3 Storage Services on AWS.
- Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation.
- MaintainedELK(Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana)
- Build AWS secured solutions by creating VPC with private and public subnets.
- Written unit test cases to test services implemented ingroovy.
- Built reports usinggroovy, which were used by different teams for analysis, performance stats etc.
- Integrated theDockercontainerized applications to get them functional and working.
- Worked withDockercontainer snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removingDockerimages.
- Implement and maintaining monitoring and graphing tool (Nagios) and Developed monitoring scripts as plugins for Nagios.
- Developed and Consumed the Web Services for Business Rules Validation using XML Web Services,C# & Asp.Netprotocols for the Product Recommendations and Validations.
- Extensively used Amazon Web Service S3 to upload and download data used in Encarta project.
- Used AWS for Cloud development and migrating physical servers to AWS cloud.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers, such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWSCloudWatch.
Environment: Ant, Maven, subversion, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Apache Tomcat, Nexus, Chef, QA, UAT, Ubuntu, Open stack, Ruby, AWS Cloud, ELK, BMC Remedy, DFS, Shell, Python, Web Logic Server 11g, JDK1.7, XML, Anthill Pro, SVN, GIT, Jira, SQL, J2EE, Puppet, Shell, Perl, UNIX and Rack space.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Good understanding of Cloud Platforms like AWS. Worked on several POC projects on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, Internet Gateway, and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web Applications.
- Good understanding of EC2 instances, created instances, configured security groups, assigned elastic IP’s, worked on VPC and public cloud environments.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven,Sonarqube, JFrog Art factory.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments usingBamboo.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts andBamboo.
- Understanding of S3, RDS, EBS, Route53 and IAM services. Created several users, roles and groups in IAM.
- Container Architecture implementation with GoogleKubernetesCluster Management
- Basic understanding of Puppet attended basic training on Puppet and started learning concepts, building small modules.
- Developed test plan for Manual/Web testingSeleniumIDE, developed stress test procedures using Load Runner
- UsedAngularjsto create maintainable and testable single page application
- Worked on setting up of hosted Chef Servers to facilitate automation of services by installing Chef Work Station, Chef Server and Chef Client. Boot strapped the nodes to Chef Server.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configurations.
- Designed Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation Templates (CFTs) and integrated with Chef to build a resilient and fault-tolerant infrastructure for applications.
- Worked on various scripts using Python, Ruby, and Shell for various applications.
- Worked with development and operations teams to identify, implement, and administrate continuous testing resources, worked on Quality Management tools like Sonar Qube.
- Created jobs for builds and deployments in Jenkins.
- Installed Docker and created Docker Containers.
- Used Docker Container to package the applications and deploying them on to WebSphere Application server.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0/184.108.40.206/7.0x using silent mode and also using GUI mode.
- Installed, configured and administered IBM HTTP Server, Windows IIS Server, Apache HTTP Server. Configured clustered environment in Web Sphere Application Server V 8.5/7.0 and deployed applications on Windows, Linux and Solaris environment.
- Deployed EAR applications in clustered WebSphere Application Server for Dev, QA, DR and production environments.
- Tested HTML/CSS web environment for linkage and database issues. UsedAppScanto test Web security
- Configured and Enabled the Global Security for WAS Administration Console users and Console groups using Active Directory Server as a LDAP User Registry.
- Worked closely with developers in deploying ears and wars, configuring necessary database resources (JDBC Providers, data sources Applied the maintenance fix pack and fixesto Websphere application ServerandHTTP servers.
- Involved in Trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and Log analyzer.
- Monitored the performance of WAS, EC2 instances through CA Cloud Watch.
- On-call support (24x7), Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
Environment: SVN, CVS, GitHub, Gradle, Sonar Qube, AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0/8.5.5/220.127.116.11, LDAP, J2EE1.3/1.2, Java2.0, JSP1.2, EJB2.0, JDBC2.0, XML, Selenium, Sun Solaris8/9, Golang, DB2, Oracle8.1.7/9.0.5, Bamboo, Shell Scripts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Undergone Training as per the requirement of the company basics.
- Examined the Development code following the Software Development Life Cycle Model.
- Maintained SVN repositories for Devops environment: automation code and configuration
- Collect the new technologies and tools, and introduced by the company.
- Trained under employees and worked with them, 2~3 new developers, on new web projects; we finished in a week, which was 4 times faster than the planed time.
- Experience in writing maven pom.xml and antbuild.xml forbuildscripts
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds usingBamboowith Artifactory repository.
- Developed test cases for application running reservation system, performed automation using Seleniumfor the Linux POS system
- Developed scripts in Ruby to package log files and send them to a remote server.
- Debugged, improved, and maintained C# applications.
- Used Amazon Web Service S3 to upload and download data.
- Used AWS for Cloud development and migrating physical servers to AWS cloud.
- Create and attach volumes on to EC2 instances.
- Wrote some scripts using Scala, Python &Golang(with some C, C++ and rarely Rust)
- Managed all Development code following the Software Development Life Cycle Model.
- Create and Maintain Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each Production releases and performbuildsusing Jenkins Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Setting up and installing dedicated Jenkins servers for each project.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different Environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Worked on the transition project which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in
- Order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deploymentautomationwith Docker, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Consumed various SOAP and REST web services related to Partnerships and Branded cards processing systems
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: Windows, Bamboo, Shell, Selenium, Python, Golang, Web Logic Server 11g, SQL, J2EE, Shell, UNIX, Windows NT/2000 and Web Sphere, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, GIT and Ant.