- Around 8 years of IT Experience as DevOps Engineer, AWS Cloud Engineer, Build &Release Engineer and Linux System administrator and experience with Configuration Management tools, Build, Deploy, Release Management and other tools.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Highly Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, dynamo DB(DDB), Aws Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, SQS, Cloud Front(CDN), Auto scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure and VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premise to Azureand from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to Microsoft Azureand GCP.
- Used Git & Subversion(SVN)as source code repositories, managed for branching, merging, and tagging the files.
- Experience in version control and source code management tools like GIT,GIT HUB, SVN.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Conversion of buils.xml into pom.xml in building the applications using ANT&MAVEN.
- Managed Version Control tool Git to Version Code Changes to help Developers/Programmers/branch/Merge/Revert Code.
- Experience in managing and setting up Continuous Integration using tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOpsrole for on - premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef, Docker, and AWS.
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum Software Development methodology integrating with Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment for efficient software delivery solutions.
- Expertise in Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Worked on Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef & Ansible configuration management tools.
- Indepth Knowledge in writing Chef cookbooks and Recipes to Provision Several pre-prod and Prod Environments.
- Proficient in working on Chef with the help of Knife commands to manage Nodes, examining Cookbooks using food critics, implemented Chef Recipes and modified them to create a deployment into Amazon EC2 instances, Chef attributes, Chef Templates and Have written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for Configuration Management to existing infrastructure. Also, Puppet modules for Tomcat Apache services in distributed infrastructure.
- Hands-On Experience on Using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Ansible to assist in building automation policies and Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Good knowledge of virtualization and container technology like Docker and managing Docker-based deployments. Experience with environment provisioning and orchestration.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Hands - On Experience in Using Different Monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudTrail, Stack driver, Sumo logic, Prometheus, New relic. Created Alarms in CloudWatch for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU, Utilization, Log files, Disk Usage etc. and developed Shell Scripts (Bash) for automating day-to-day maintenance tasks
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting JBOSS in Linux/Unix, WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Nagios and security software’s.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experienced on Databases, to create its Objects - Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, using PL/SQL in MS SQL Server, Oracle Data Connectivity, for Web and Windows Using JDBC and ODBC Drivers.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using Rational Clear Case, TFS, Jira.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Junit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, find bugs and Check style
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Excellent communications skills, configuration skills and technical documentation skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, C#, Golang
Cloud services: Microsoft Azure, Openstack and Amazon WebServices(AWS)- like EC2, RDS, S3, ROUTE53, SNS, SQS, Cloud front, Lambda, Cloud formation, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk and Cloud trail.
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT,SVN, Perforce, Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Clear Case.
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Eclipse, MS Build.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo and Team city.
Continuous Deployment tools: Puppet, Ansible and Chef, Terraform.
Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, VSphere, VirtualBox and Vagrant.
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby and Python, Power Shell.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk and Sonarqube, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Stack driver, New Relic, Elasticserach.
Web/ Application Servers: Apache, Apache Proxy, JBOSS, Web sphere, Web logic, Nginx.
Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu,Debian,Red Hat(RHEL),Centos) andWindows.
Database: RDBMS Oracle, MY SQL, SQL Server, Teradata, Aurora, Maria, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Postgresql.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, stack, Fisheye, Crucible, Bamboo, Crowd and Confluence, IBM Clear Quest, VSTS.
Confidential - Minneapolis, MN
Sr AWS /DevOps Engineer
- Hands on Experience in migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Formation, VPC etc.
- Configured and maintained user accounts for dev, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Configured AWSIAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Configured and managed source code using Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers
- Used GIT as source code management tool, setup push pull events to invoke builds, automation test cases from Jenkins etc.,
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for New branches, Build Automation, plugin management and Securing jenkins and Setting up master/Slave Configurations.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage and no. of builds being run.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible, and Maven.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Managing existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure using Ansibleas Configuration Management Tool.
- Installed Ansible Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker Hub.
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible.
- Ran Ansible playbooks and created various roles for applications, then deployed the Applications/Services on hosts.
- Configured Ansibleto manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Configuring Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods. To provide secured network connectivity to the containers we used Calico. Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware ESX, Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked in an IAAS environment called Terraform, to manage application infrastructures such as storage and networking.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Developed Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules
- Automated daily manual tasks by running Cron jobs using BASH Scripts that report on a user defined frequency about versatile issues on Linux-based servers.
- Implemented app logging service using logging tools, such as Splunk, Graylog2 and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons.
- Linux and Windows servers upgrade and Patching. Performance troubleshoot and root cause investigation.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch Alarms, Cloud Formation, SNS, SES, SQS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Nagios, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Docker, Docker Hub, VMware workstation, Linux, Unix, Windows, TCP/IP, Kubernetes, Splunk.
Confidential - Foster City, CA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket and Loaded database tables from external database into AWS S3 buckets.
- Worked with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and Worked on optimizing volumes and AWS EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for AWS EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on AWS CLI and AWS APIs through ruby scripting.
- Designed AWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web application and database templates.
- Create AWS instances via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrated nodes in Chef via knife command line utility.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWSinfrastructure using Jenkins and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Pushing Code from Git to nexus make available for release through automation script using Jenkins.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT. Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories. Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Installed, administered and configured Team Forge, Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques with SonarQube, Fortify.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Designed and Implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Worked with Developers in using Chef as a configuration management tool, managing users, resources and deploying servers.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Developed Chef cookbooks from scratch and wrote recipes, scripts, monitoring checks and developed LWRP’s for the cookbooks.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Used Docker for running different programs on a single VM.
- Created Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Docker images includes setting the entry point and volumes, also ran Docker containers.
- Worked on installation of Docker using toolbox & creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available (always Available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Deployed into kubernetes cluster using helm chart.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by varioussystemsincluding security products.
- Experience developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud Formation during terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Install, configure, modify, test & deployed Java applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, WebLogic, and WebSphere App Servers.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX Servers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Delivered large volume data platforms using REST, Amazon Cloud Service S3, Java, PL/SQL, APIs.
Environment: AWS RedShift, Cloud Formation, Terraform, GIT version Control, Chef, Ansible, Unix/Linux, Windows, PCF, Java, Jenkins,SonarQube, Nexus, RDBMS, API’s, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Automated Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using Python scripts.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Building and Installing servers through AzureResource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Release Management and Build Automation with VSTS Developed automation scripts using PowerShell, supporting multiple hosts and VMs for Azurecloud deployments.
- Designed AWSCloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experience Active Directory, AzureActive Directory, ADFS, Azure Active Directory Domain Service, SSO and MFA and security.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azurein DR on cloud using AzureRecovery Vault and Azurebackups.
- Used Git & Subversion(SVN)as source code repositories, managed for branching, merging, and tagging the files.
- Made extensive use of Chef, Jenkins, Git and ansible to manage build / deploy tasks, including Continues Integration.
- Automated builds and deployment using Jenkins as part of Continuous Integration.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Visual Studio(.Net)and Java projects using Jenkins.
- Extensively used chef & Ruby and ansible for Continuous Deployment.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Configured Jenkins to create Docker image for build and performed tests on a Docker container.
- Working as DevOps engineer in a group, which is responsible for automation in areas of VM provisioning, Middleware installation and writing cookbooks to achieve the same.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) process including Code Compilation, Packaging, Deployment, Release Methodology and Application Configurations.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Deployed and scaled java web applications on to Apache servers using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS, Apache, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Developed Build scripts for MS Build, Web Deploy, ANT build tools in Jenkins to move code from one environment to other environments.
- Created, Configured and administered Nexus Repository Manager for sharing the binaries within the company.
- Experience in Blue green deployment in reducing downtime and risks in production.
- Worked closely with development team and Quality Assurance team for product releases.
- Experience in Cassandra data modeling along with managing and scheduling of the data backup and restore operations.
- Extensively used Jira for work flow visualization.
- Automated the contiguous process writing code using Shell, Bash, Python scripting languages
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios and Splunk and repositories Nexus and Artifactory.
- Used Confluence in documentation of processes.
Environment: Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, RHEL, Chef, Docker, RDS, JIRA, DDB, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, Nagios, Splunk, Artifactory, Git, Redshift, Ruby, Ansible, shell/Perl, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, API Gateway, JSON, RDBMS oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, Bash, Sonarqube, Python, Pom.xml, Linux.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for different Java applications.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GitHub, and clear case.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories.
- Used Maven asbuildtool on Java projects for the development ofbuildartifacts on the source code.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Jenkins with approval from development and other affected teams. Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Experience in creating new Jenkins master and slave servers for production usage and responsible for configuring them as per the Business partner's request.
- Written manifests and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet as per our environment.
- Worked on configuration management tools such as Puppet& similar deployment tools.
- Worked on puppet enterprise which is an application release orchestration for environment management and release coordination.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Provide drill down reporting to the application teams by monitoring the application resource usage/ performance using Nagios.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, Apache, NGINX, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experienced in customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Responsible in doing build and deploying on different environments simultaneously.
- Created VMs for Solaris x86 and Red hat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5and administered them with VI Client.
- Manage VMware Infrastructure clusters on Production Test/Development environments.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet, clear case, Apache proxy, Eclipse, puppet enterprise, JIRA, Python, GIT, SVN, Apache Webserver, NGINX, JBoss, GIT, SVN, Nagios, Windows, Centos, Linux, Ubuntu.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications per the agile process.
- Design highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Established DevOps culture based on Docker and kubernetes tools.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Configure Docker containers andCloudBeesJenkins Jobs with GitHub for CI/CD Pipelines
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services AWS environment.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Worked on Creating new EC2 instances on AWS (Amazon web services).
- Implemented continuous integration using U deploy.
- Established Puppet Best practices approaches to systems deployment with other tools and managing Puppet as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Installation and configuration of Linux for new build environment.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Have Experience on Ruby with chef Automation tools.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Puppet Manifests to provision complex multi-node applications composed of Ruby on Rails, Node, Apache, Nginx, Unicorn, Elastic Search, and MySQL.
- Also, worked in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using Nagios
- Deployment automation, AWSEC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
Environment: Git, Chef, AWS, Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Jboss Application Server, CVS, Subversion.
Linux System Administrator
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues.
- Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Configuration like assigning IP addresses, configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes, hostnames etc.
- Managed the development activities for the multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Installation and configuration of RedHat Linux on vSphere and VMware ESX.
- Written Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Manage user accounts and authentication process by NIS service.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle on Linux for the development team.
- Experience using YUM and RPM for package management and patching.
- Integrating WebLogic 10.x and Apache 2.x and deploying EAR, WAR files in WebLogic Application Servers.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: RedHat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, WebLogic, Oracle 9i/10g, VMware, Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, TCP/IP, HTTP DNS, Bash