- 6+ years of experience with DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools supporting server/VM provisioning activities, middleware configuration and deployment activities via AWS, Puppet, Docker & Jenkins.
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, and Auto scaling groups.
- Automated the cloud deployments using python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Provisioned workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and maintained them in Chef - server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Used Enterprise Puppet for server management automation. Created several modules and wrote manifests to build servers (VMs) on AWS.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Hands on experience with SSL configuration, both server side as well as mutual SSL. Worked on both KeyTool and OpenSSL tools. Automation, Build and Deployment
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in migrating source code repositories between various version control systems like SVN, GIT and AWS CodeCommit.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven/ANT Build
- Hands on experience in configuring AWS CodePipeline using AWS CodeDeploy, S3, AWS CodeBuild and Jenkins, AWS CodeCommit and Git, ElasticbeanStalk to achieve CI/CD.
- Automated webserver content deployments via shell, python scripts.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experienced in working with Jenkinsfile (Jenkins Pipeline), appspec.yml (CodeDeploy) and buildspec.yml (CodeBuild)
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker Container service technology
DevOps: Puppet, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, AWS, Python, Linux, PowerShell, Shell Script, Maven, ANT, SVN
Cloud: AWS Cloud (EC2, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, ElasticBeanstalk, Glacier, SSL, S3,, CDN, CloudFormation, IAM and Security Groups)
Scripting Languages: Python, shell, Power-Shell
Functional: Agile, Project Management, PMO, Vendor Management, People Management and Soft skills, Defect Management, Continuity, Problem, Incident & Service Management, Systems Security & Disaster Recovery Planning, Change Management, Build and Release Management, Deployment Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and continuous Deployment, Quality Control
Lifecycle: - SDLC, Agile (Scrum), Service Design(Capacity, Availability, SLM, IT Security), Service Transition (Change/ Release and Deployment), Service Operation (Event, Incident, Defect management)
Application Servers: - WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat
Confidential, Bannockburn, IL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Provided Build support for different applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments and implemented CI/CD process. Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Installed & configured Jenkins master that served different slaves supporting different applications with various release life cycles and multiple CI pipelines setup on project branches
- Developed Python and Bash scripts for build, deployment and maintenance related tasks usingPuppetto deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
- Configured and managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Worked on automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Hands on experience on installation, configuration and writing puppet code to configure and manage Linux environment.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Worked on different AWS resources like EC2, S3 bucket, Glacier, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, CDN.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge and customized as per our environment.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool puppet
- Worked on continuous integration, continuous Delivery and continuous deployment projects.
- Provided support for AWS EC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Very strong knowledge of Python and shell scripts and familiar with automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, SVN and CVS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Troubleshoot Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, or comparable tools.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Worked with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/Apache/Tomcat/Java.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Experience in analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, SCM, WebLogic, JBOSS, RHEL, JIRA, MAVEN, ANT, Python
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- DevOps Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven and Ant in Linux environment.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed and configured Puppet Enterprise Upgrade Project and improvements to the Puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual Puppet Modules.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications
- Built a load-balanced, version-controlled, Hiera/r10k-enabled Puppet environment
- Administered and supported GIT Hub Enterprise version control tool.
- Administered Puppet Enterprise to provision multi-platform virtual machine configurations across Sylvan Learning server infrastructure. Sylvan Learning Infrastructure consists on multiple-platform environment servers dedicated for building, deploying as well as for development, test and production systems.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests, Hierarch configurations and GIT repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL platforms.
- Improved the Configuration Management Infrastructure using distributed GIT. The new infrastructure has reduced the build and deployment times by significant amount due to build automation.
- Administration of DevOps tools suite: Puppet Enterprise, AWS, GitHub, JIRA
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, SVN, AWS, Puppet, Python, Vagrant, Team City, Stash, RHEL, Maven, ANT.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installation, Configuring and troubleshooting the WebLogic Application Servers 10.x
- Application Deployment on BEA WebLogic 10.1on a single Server and a cluster of Servers.
- Configuring Clusters on WebLogic using the WebLogic Console.
- Performed hot deployment of application on WebLogic7.0and 8.1.
- Configuring database connectivity using JDBC and Configured WebLogic Virtual hosts
- Configured SSL communication between AdminServer and NodeManager
- Performed analysis Memory Leaks, JVM heap settings and tuning.
- Installed and configured Apache 1.3 as plug-in on UNIX environment and deployed applications.
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Configured, managed and deployed code to JBOSS 5.1 Application Server
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Good experience on Linux, AIX, centos RHEL, environments.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Built Continuous Integration environment with Jenkins and implemented Continuous delivery
- To configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Merging and tagging need to be done after the code went live in environment.
- Maintain a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Configure and maintain stress server in different geographical location and provide setup in every release to perform stress testing.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, UNIX, WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat