- Worked in implementation team to build and release servers for Linux operating system. Working on AWS&Openstack cloud to provision new instances.
- Utilized AWSCLI to automate backups of ephemeral data - stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Designed and deployed large applications utilizing all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS by using AWS services.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked with Devops practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker.
- Responsible for Continuous integration and Continuous delivery process implementation with BashShell Scripting, Automation of Cron Jobs.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and also configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Code Quality Analysis techniques are performed by integrating - Check style, Find bugs with CI tools.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's, whenever a new Github branch gets started, automatically, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Created Chef Cookbooks for sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server.
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation.
- Designed Continues Delivery platform using Docker, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Installed and ConfiguredPuppet Master, PuppetConsole and Puppet Agents.
- Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed the configurations of more than 40 servers.
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef and implemented auto scaling and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Configuring and deploying OpenStack Enterprise master hosts and OpenStack node hosts.
- Involved in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Configured and managed Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Experience in using DockersSwarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Troubleshoot using Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionalities.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Provided assistance to end users while also identifying any issues in production.
- Ensured stability of business-critical application processes and associated application infrastructure, and acted as support for production and business applications.
Software: Puppet Enterprise 3.x, 2015.X, Puppet 2016.X, Hieradata, Git, Github, VMware 5, 5.X, Java 1.7, 1.8, Jenkins, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 / 5.0, Solstice Disksuite 4.2.1, Iplanet/Netscape server 4.0 Sun Java server 6.0, HP Open views, Apache 1.3, 2.0, Tomcat 4.X, 5.X, 7.X, JBOSS 4, 5, Big Brother Bind 8, Sun MySQL, Remedy 7, CTI Genesys, Tripwire, Nagios.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Ec2, S3, Elasticache Memcache Route53, Elastic Load Balancers Internal / External Classic and Application VPC Peering, Cloud Trails, Cloud Formation.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat Linux 4, 5, 6, 7) Centos 4, 5, 6, 7, Solaris (6, 7, 8, 9, 10), AIX, Windows (98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Windows 7, 10)
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting Bash, Ruby 1.8, 1.9, Perl 4, 5, Expect, Rsync, PHP 5.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Having experience in Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and sprints experience in a Python based environment, along with data analytics, data wrangling and Excel data extracts.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the Jira/issue tracker.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High level Design documents.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu Instances.
- Involved in loading data from On-premises data warehouse to AWS's Cloud using different approaches like Sqoop,Spark and AWS Services.
- Managed hardware, software, and networking for a large scale Open Stack cluster.
- Managed and developed Puppet modules responsible for deploying OpenStack and other cloud tools.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Developed Ansible Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Creation and maintenance of content for the Ansible community, and implementation of Ansible modules based on customer and community requirements.
- Extensive experience and knowledge on Jenkins, Build Forge and Docker for continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins utilizing docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GCP utilizing docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python script.
- Worked with BMC Remedy tool for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Worked with other members of the development team to design, develop and implement features, bug fixes, and other improvements for Ansible Galaxy.
- Created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and in Data centers.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB,
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Database Encryption for mirrored Databases. SQL Web Replication implementation.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Developing automation scripts using EC2 commands. Designing SQLServer Reporting Services(SSRS) High Availability.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Ops code Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes for better management of the systems.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route Subversion, GIT, GITHUB, Docker, Open Stack, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Automation Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM WebSphere application servers.
- Built, configured and supported Application team environments.
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Puppet.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services with Puppet/Ansible, shell, python scripts.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as ticketing tool.
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and UDeploy.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Involved in two production windows per week and monthly on-call support.
- Created the UDeploy templates for components and applications, on boarded around 200 apps into Udeploy.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Responsible to maintain ANT Build Scripts and tweak if changes in the requirements.
- Worked with the Automation Team to Automate the Windows and Linux Deployments.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Puppet.
- Configured and Maintained the Jenkins build and automation jobs.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
Environment: Subversion, Jenkins, Junit, Puppet, Java/J2EE, Maven, JIRA, LINUX, OpenStack, XML, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MIJ
- Works with Symantec and BSC team to setup the Symantec O3 IDLINK Open VPN Servers.
- Implemented automations tools Chef.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux,Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server which is used to push changes across various servers simultaneously.
- Worked on projects like PCI, SR to ensure all goes well and provided support till servers go in to production environment
- Migrated to Red hat satellite server 6 version.
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Worked closely with DBA Teams to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Experience in using VMware Motion to move VM's from One Datacenter to another datacenter.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Build servers using Kick Start,Red Hat Satellite Server, and VSphere Client.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security.
- Implemented cloud services AWS and Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Responsible for independent support of Tier 2 issues: reboots, start/stop services, reset Terminal Service and pc anywhere connections, and administrative server maintenance. Daily follow up with clients to ensure resolution of all issues.
- Provide support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Involved in installation and configuration of various Third party software onto servers.
- Involved in ILMT Agent Deployments and Oracle/SQL Upgrade project which includes various UNIX builds of different OS platforms across various data centers.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Tivoli Monitoring software across various OS platforms like RHEL, AIX and Solaris.
- Installed packages using YUM and RedhatPackage Manager(RPM) on various servers.
- Coordinated with various cross functional teams across IT operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Day to day resolution on Linux based issued though SMS ticketing system in compliance to SLA cycles.
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNS setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications.
- HP ALM Administrator responsible for creating projects and user access as requested through Service Now Tickets
- Setup and Maintained the HP ALM Synchronizer Server - synchronizing HPALM with TFS.
- Performed application installation and management on IBM AIX and Linux servers for applications like Web Sphere Application Server(WAS) 7, JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Sun JES Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g, Sybase 12.5 etc.
- Automating many day to day tasks through Bash scripting.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Git, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Tivoli Storage Manager, VMware ESX5, Cassandra, Tivoli Net backup, and Web sphere, ALM. Windows, Windows 2008.