- Around 8+ years of IT Experience in Build & Release management, Linux Administration, Cloud Infrastructure management and Software Configuration Management.
- Well versed with deadline pressures, superior analytical, time - management, collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience inLinux System Administration, Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to- end code configuration,building binaries & deploymentsand entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience withJenkins, Hudson as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tooland strong expertise with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience withSaaS(Software as a Service),PaaS(Platform as a Service), andIaaS(Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with theMavenrelease plug - in and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved inARTIFACTORYRepository Managers forMAVEN and GRADLE.
- Extensive experience withAWS(Storage, Application Services, Deployment and Management) and managed servers on AWS platform instances usingPuppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge ofAWS serviceslikeEC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Skilled in monitoring servers usingNagios, Data dog, Cloud watch andusingELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership ofEC2 instancesand other AWS resources.
- Experience in managing infrastructure resources incloud architecturewith close coordination with various functional teams.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup throughGITLAB
- Monitor, build and deploysoftware releases and provide support for production deployments.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with theMavenrelease plug - in and managingMaven repositories.
- ConfiguredJENKINSMonitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud usingDocker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Created and managed aDockerdeployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experience in working with automation tools likeCHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE.
- Experience with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integratingAnsible YAML Scripts.
- Fulfilling the role of a DevOps engineer in respect to ourPUPPETcode. Responsible for QA code merges.
- UsedAnsiblefor configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Deployed and configuredChef Serverincludingbootstrappingof chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Createdroles, recipes, cookbooks and data bagsfor server configuration.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications inApache TomcatandWebLogic Server.
- Configured and Deployed application packages on to theApache Tomcatserver. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- WorkedwithIAMservice creating newIAMusers & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure.Dockerhas been core to this experience, along withMesos, MarathonandKubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge ofHadoop integrationwith Enterprise BI tools.
- Ability in development and execution ofXML, Ruby, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts, Powershell, Batch scripts and Bashalso.
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers onUbuntu and RHEL. Provisioning virtual serversonVMwareandESXservers usingVcloud.
- UsedKubernetesto deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, data models in a professional work environment.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, VPC, CFT, SQS, SNS, Glacier, Lambda)
Scripting/Programming Languages: Python, Bash, Perl, PowerShell.
Version Control: GIT, TFS, SVN and GITLAB
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket.
Config. Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack.
Web/Application Server: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, Nginx.
Database: MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle 11g/10g.NEPTUNE.
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Server, Windows, Apple Mac OS.
Virtualization Tools: VMware, vSphere, VMware, vCenter, vSphere Client, Virtual Box
Network Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP, Ethernet, POP, DNS
Senior AWS Engineer/DevOps
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Use agile methodology throughout the project. Involved in weekly and daily bases release management.
- Working with a strong team of architectures, backend developers to gather function and non-functional requirements.
- Monitoring IoT (Internet of Things) specified infrastructure design and implementation process.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Involved in performing application deployment toAWSElasticBean Stack environment.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing theAWSstack, cloud formation.
- Created environment on AWS platform, AWS Hadoop EMR cluster, Kafka Cluster, Cassandra Clusters and implemented system alerts onDataDog.
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using GRADLE. Automated the process using plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- We are driving towards continuous integration and continuous delivery using GITLAB and Ansible for Docker image building and deployment.
- Produced scripts for viable combination ofJIRAapplications with different tools.
- MigratedJIRAacross environments and worked onJIRAdatabase dumps.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Designing & deploying data center architecture on Linux Platform. Building, patching and managing existing data center rack servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Create, manage, and delete users and groups as per the request using Amazon Identity and Access Management.
- Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Active participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain effective communication with each team member and manager.
Environment: s: AWS IAM, S3, EC2, EBS, VPC, cloud watch, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Git Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Nagios, JIRA, Shell Script, Selenium, Apache Tomcat, JIRA.
- As aCloudEngineer, I am responsible for business engagement, customer requirements, business communications, team management & delivery.
- EstimatingAWScosts and identifying cost control mechanisms.
- Designing and implementing both the front-end and back-end systems that run onAWSon par with organization compliance and security policies.
- ImplementedAWSCloudServices EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, DynamoDB, ELB, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Auto Scaling, SNS, SQS,CloudWatch andCloudTrail.
- Configuring DNS (Route53), ELB, general networking principles, firewalls, route tables and route propagations.
- Create and maintain SSL Security certificate management for enterprise, maintaining certificates across multiple SSL-providers, and integrating certificates into products such as nix, apache, tomcat,AWS-ELB.
- TuningCloudWatch to screen assets, for example, EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB administrations, DynamoDB.
- Created workflows forAWSData pipeline jobs usingAWSresources with defining activities, schedules and parameters.
- Setting upAWSdirect connect and monitoring private network connection betweenAWSand corporate datacenter and other regions with network latency (China).
- Lift and shift of an existing on-premises application toAWS, Identifying appropriate use ofAWS architectural best practices
- Used Ansible to deploy and maintain Tomcat/jBoss stack in collocated environment.
- Came up with a Continuous Delivery platform and implementation to provide a complete working Continuous Delivery solution using industry-standard open source tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Chef etc.
- Experience in launching Amazon EC2CloudInstances usingAWSservices and configured the launched instances with the required specifications.
- Experience in defining theAWSSecurity Groups which act as virtual firewalls that control the allowed traffic to reach the EC2 Instances.
- Experience in working on multiple instances, managing the Elastic load balancer, Auto Scaling, setting the security groups to design a fault tolerant and high available system.
- Automated deployment, monitoring and scaling of system inCloud.
- Experience in configuring Virtual PrivateCloud. And manage network allocation in VPC to create new public networks.
- Performed User and Password management usingAWSIAM.
- Managed the Version Control System GIT to record the various code changes like branching, merging, staging etc. Integrated GIT into Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Used Maven as Build Tool for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created Cron Jobs and scheduled jobs based on the user's requirements, and Shell scripting to automate the build and deployment process.
- Worked on creating and configuring virtual development environments using Vagrant.
- Worked on container based deployments using Docker.
- Worked with otherCloudengineers in migrating the ON PREMISE data intoCloudusing the Data Migration Service which is provided byAWS.
- Designed roles and groups usingAWSIdentity and Access Management (IAM).
- ImplementedAWSS3 to back up the database instances and to save the snapshots of data.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, Terragrunt,Kubernetes, Kops, JIRA, Ansible, Micro Services,GIT,Maven, LINUX, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Experience in automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Deploy, scale and load balance Docker containers with multiple namespaces using Kubernetes
- Code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especially GIT, NEXUS, etc.
- Architect Development, Test, Integration, and Production AWS environments.
- AWS EC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS, including security, compilation, and installation of third-party software and networking.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, or comparable tools.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the SVN source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Jenkins - automates the provisioning and configuration for all of the Jenkins Continuous Integration Server including Plugins, jobs, server configuration, etc.
- Worked with container orchestration tools and concepts like Docker Engine and Kubernetes
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Used Docker and Open Shift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Developed custom scripts using Python which act as backend for the Ansible scripts.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for securing the code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, EBS, Security Groups and Auto Scaling.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and policies.
- Configured ElasticLoadBalancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Configured Apachewebserver in the LinuxAWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Dynamically add and remove servers from AWS production environment.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux to transfer data in S3 bucket.
Environment: AWS, RHEL, Docker, Puppet, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, Open shift, Apache, Networking, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Lambda, Kubernetes, Ansible, Python, Maven, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Cloud Watch, Packer, Jenkins, Linux, Jira
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Setup of Virtual PrivateCloud (VPC), Network ACLs, Security Groups and route tables across Amazon Web Services.
- WrittenCloudformation templates and deployedAWSresources using it.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Designed policies to move the content to Glacier's.
- Configuration and administration of Load Balancers, Route53, Network and Auto scaling for high availability.
- Supported 500+AWSCloudinstances and familiar with Amazon CLI management bootstrapping instances usingAWSCloudFormation and Chef.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline as code using Jenkins 20&kubernetes, and Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins 2.0.
- Integrated Github web hooks into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Implemented Disaster recovery solutions for components/services inAWS- RDS (mySql), S3, route53 records, rabbitmq.
- Trouble-shoot Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Initiated Micro services application through Docker and Kubernetes cluster formation for scalability of the application, and creation of Docker images, upload/download in and out from the Docker Hub.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to thecloudenvironments and Maintaining - Apache tomcat 8, Java based applications deployed inAWSusing chef.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts usingCloudwatch, and Nagios, ELK stack to monitor services other thanAWSand real-time application logs streaming.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Responsible for Building & configuring Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
Environment: s: Tomcat Apache, VPC, SVN, IAM, Nagios, WebLogic, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, GIT, Linux, Data Centre Migration, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Web Sphere, Ansible, hp, Shell, and Python.
BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
- Launching and Configuring of Amazon EC2CloudServers using AMI's(Linux/CentOS) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Expertise inAWSCloudAdmin which include Services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, OPS Work.
- CreatedAWSRoute53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Used Jenkins as a CI tool for automation of daily process and for builds and deployments.
- Worked in Scrum development team to deliver an end to end CI/CD product in an open source environment using Jenkins.
- Used Gradle, Xcode and Maven as a build tools on Java, Android and swift based projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins server and integrated with Git, Maven and JIRA and Email servers.
- Experience in writing Python Scripts, which integrated with Amazon API to control instance Operations.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker containerization technologies to build and deploy services as images tocloudenvironment, also integrated the process as part of build pipeline.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Machine, Compose and Registry.
- Used Ansible for deploying the necessary changes on remote hosts and monitored the process using Ansible Tower.
- Developed Ansible role for Zabbix-agent which will be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Good Experience in Reviewing system log files for errors, setting up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Used monitoring tools such asCloudWatch and Splunk.
Environment: AWS, Route53, Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, S3, Tomcat, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk.
LINUX SYSTEM ENGINEER
- Provide systems administration support for UNIX systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Manage file systems, add disks and create partitions on virtual Linux servers.
- Monitor the servers and Linux scripts regularly and perform troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers and performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Use bash and some Perl scripting for automated processes in managing disk space, deleting old logs, and scripts for cron jobs.
- Worked with NoSQL and Big Data technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop.
- Created hive tables by using partitioning and bucket in concepts.
- Created impala table by invalidating hive metadata.
- Installed web servers using Apache, PHP for web server scripting and html language for website pages.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Install and configuration of Web hosting administration HTTP, FTP, SSH, & RSH.
- Experience using YUM and RPM for package management and patching.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Data center experience with good hands on experience on HP ProLiant DL 380, 385, Dell power edge, 2650, R220, R20, IBMX3650 servers.
- Installation of Red Hat EL 4.x.5 using Kickstart/PXE and SUSE Professional desktop 10x.
- Provide drill down reporting for application teams to use in monitoring their application resource usage/performance using Nagios.
- Worked with OVMF "Open Virtual Machine Format" supported tools Virtual Box, Red Hat Virtualization (XEN), and VMware Workstation.
Environment: RHEL, MySQL, Perl Scripts, JIRA, Apache, VMware, Cron, PHP, Nagios, Virtual Box.