- DoD Clearance: Cleared
- Certifications: Security CE
- Operating Systems: Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 Windows 7, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mac OSX, Mac OSX Server, Solaris 10, RHEL 5
- Security: Norton Internet Security, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Endpoint Security 11, Cisco Security, MacAfee Internet Security, SCC SCAP, HBSS, VMS System, Beyond Trust Retina, DISA ACAS, AppDective Pro
- Database: SQL 2000, SQL 2005, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2
- Networking: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS, Terminal Services, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services, Windows Server Update Services, Certificate Service, SSH, FTP
- Network Hardware: Netgear routers, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Proxim access points, VoIP Phones, Qlogic
- Server Hardware: Dell Servers, HP Servers, Apple XServers, Apple Mac Mini Servers, Sun Sparc Servers
- Tiered Storage Solutions: Copan, Cloverleaf, StorNext, DotHill, AssuredUVS, Apple XRaid
- Software Applications: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PhotoDraw, VMware Server 1.06, VMware ESX, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, Norton Ghost, Norton Ghost Cast Server, Fast File Transfer, Cygwin, What's Up Gold Premium, Nagios, APC UPS Daemon, Symantec Backup Exec 2010, Snort, McAfee Antivirus Security Suite, Thursby AdmitMAC PKI, Artesia, Media Factory, Fast File Transfer, Flip Factory
Information Systems Security Engineer
- Provide security engineering support as a part of the overarching Information Assurance Program as directed
- Support software/hardware integration and testing for theatre and garrison use initiatives and prototypes.
- Conduct security assessments of system prototypes and releases.
- Provide recommendations to change/improve the security posture of products.
- Assist in accreditation activates of system.
- Perform recurring review of scans performed by customer approved automated tools.
- Conduct reporting of IA Vulnerability Alerts via SIPRnet/NIPRnet as required.
- Provide expertise and interpretation of regulatory guidance.
- Provide IA support for Garrison Use initiatives in CONUS and OCONUS.
Senior Systems Administrator Information Assurance Officer
- Provides support to the DIMOC mission as a Senior Unix Systems Administrator and Information Assurance Officer.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and administering Solaris 10 systems in a test, development, and production environment.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining tier I and tier II storage in development, and production environments such as Copan, Cloverleaf, StorNext, DotHill, AssuredUVS, and Apple XRaid.
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment software tools such as Gold disk, Retina, SRR Scripts.
- Proficient in tracking vulnerabilities and creating vulnerability reports in Vulnerability Management System and the Vulnerator Tool.
- Works with network engineers to ensure that appropriate ports are open and traffic is allowed between all firewalls here at Headquarters, COOP site, and customers in the field.
- Responsible for working with CCRI inspectors to system vulnerability status and mitigate vulnerabilities to be compliant with the DICAP process.
- Responsible for implementing DISA STIGS and security patches for all UNIX systems across a test, development, and production environment.
- Responsible for backing up all Unix systems using Flash Archive in case of system failure.
- Created morning checklist to better facilitate the checking of all websites and servers to provide system performance statistics.
- Works with developers to deploy software updates and fixes to support and enhance the functionality of all Digital Asset Management System websites and tools.
- Works with enlisted service members to ensure that assets are transmitted correctly to the DAMS.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and documenting AdmitMAC PKI software on Mac OSX servers and workstations to allow for network login using a Common Access Cards.
- Responsible for monitoring website components to mitigate any issues that would diminish the client's experience.
- Provides support for Media Factory servers to provide end users with assistance with mitigating issues with the application.
- Provides support for Flip Factory servers to provide end users with assistance with mitigating issues with the application.
- Works with venders to assist with the upgrade and maintenance of the Copan, StorNext, and Cloverleaf System.
Owner, IT Consultant
- Provided consulting services for small businesses and private individuals in the Richmond Metro area.
- Provided equipment recommendation, purchases, installation and administration of computers, software, information systems, phone systems, and both wired and wireless networks.
- Configured Cisco routers, switches, Netgear routers, and Linksys routers for clients.
- Maintained and managed the Taxwise tax software suite and other legacy tax software suites for clients.
- Administered employee Active Directory accounts.
- Negotiated with venders and service providers to reduce costs ensured that all projects were completed on schedule.
- Create Group Policy Objects GPOs to deploy network and security settings for entire windows network based on DISA STIGS, Microsoft Harding Guides, and customer recommendations.
- Implemented network backup solutions for clients using Symantec Backup Exec 2010.
- Scanned Networks for vulnerabilities and provided security upgrade recommendations to clients.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and administering systems running the Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Provided network and PC maintenance, repair, troubleshooting services for clients as requested.
Field IT Director
- Oversight of all information systems supporting the organizations 13 field offices including: equipment recommendation, purchases, installation and administration of computers, software, information systems, phone systems, and both wired and wireless networks.
- Oversight of the configuration of Cisco routers, switches, Netgear routers, Linksys routers, and VOIP phones for each field office.
- Negotiated with venders and service providers to reduce costs ensured that all projects were completed on schedule.
- Provided desktop and laptop solutions and support to systems running the Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX Operating Systems interacted effectively with both experienced and inexperienced users coordinated with operations staff and field staff to assess needs and deploy new infrastructure as needed.
Systems Integration Analyst II / Windows Systems Administrator
- Worked in the Information Assurance group at SAIC Eagan McAllister Associates Inc. supporting the Internal Revenue Service Cyber Security group at SPAWAR that creates vulnerability assessment software that is used by the IRS nationwide.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and administering Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Windows 7 computers in a closed laboratory environment,
- Responsible for implementing IRS network security configurations for the windows vulnerability assessment software known as the Windows Policy Checker and SCAP Checker for development and testing.
- Responsible for researching, implementing, securing, and maintaining SQL, DB2, IIS, .Net servers in an office environment.
- Responsible for researching, standing up, implementing, securing, and maintaining production, development, and test domain controllers, DNS, WSUS, SEP, VMware, and Norton Ghost Cast servers in an closed laboratory environment.
- Responsible for configuring, securing, and maintaining Dell Rack Servers and Tower Servers in a laboratory environment.
- Created virtual test systems for Windows Policy Checker and FDCC Policy Checker testing and development.
- Responsible for testing Windows Policy Checker Software proprietary IRS application : researched server security settings for developer, set up multiple test scenarios and virtual PC configurations on test server, created test plans, and assisted with testing.
- Implemented and maintain an Uninterruptable Power Supply UPS monitoring and notification application, providing safe shut down to computers in event of a power failure.
- Create Group Policy Objects GPOs to deploy network and security settings for entire windows network create GPOS for test systems to test compliance or non compliance with IRS Internal Revenue Manual IRM .
- Establish and secured Virtual Servers with DB2, SQL 2000, SQL 2005, and Oracle 10g based on IRM replicate IRS computer systems based on IRM.
- Used VB scripts to automate network tasks.
- Used version control and ticket tracking software to track bugs and assist with the development of future software versions.
- Create .NET framework checklist based on Defense Information Systems Agency, National Security Agency, and Internal Revenue Service's Internal Revenue Manual standards and best practices to assist Windows Programmer with the development of a .NET checkable component to WPC 4.0 that is currently in development.
- Directed co-workers to assist with the gracefully shutdown of lab systems to avoid a catastrophic failure which would have caused damage to our development and production systems during sudden and unexpected power outages.
- Submitted Policy changes to the Internal Revenue Service's Internal Revenue Manual based on documentation from the Defense Information Systems Agency and National Security Agency.
- Developed state agency website policy, webpage development standards, and procedures.
- Consulted in the development and implementation of a state wide web-based database that provides veterans with easier access to information on how to obtain their benefits, and obtain benefits.
- Assisted agency IT staff with Active Directory troubleshooting as requested.
- Provide technical support for agency personnel to systems running the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems at the Richmond, McGuire, and Amelia offices.
- Recommended new technologies, equipment, and security measures to Veterans Services Commissioner, Directors, and IT department.
- Oversight of all information systems supporting the organization including: equipment recommendation, purchase, installation and administration of computers, software, information systems, phone systems, and both wired and wireless networks in the Richmond headquarters and the Petersburg office.
- Negotiated with venders to reduce costs ensured that all projects were completed on schedule.
- Evaluated competing vendor proposals to provide cost-efficient networking installation.
- Provided desktop and laptop solutions and support to systems running the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems interacted effectively with both experienced and inexperienced users coordinated with senior staff to assess needs and deploy new infrastructure as needed.
- Responsible for configuring, securing, and maintaining Dell and Compaq tower servers in an office environment.
- Provisioned and managed employee Active Directory accounts, Microsoft Exchange accounts, and Nortel Call Manager voice mail accounts and the voice mail system itself.
- Transitioned entire office from network neighborhood to domains, to handle rapid organization growth.
- Created GPOs to deploy network and security settings to the server.
- Evaluated and implemented software and procedures to promote network security and eliminate viruses.
- Worked in four departments during my 2 year internship Fiscal Service, Coding, Payroll, and Information Recourse Management
- Assisted Fiscal Service with daily task and billing request.
- Assisted Payroll Technicians with processing payroll for 3500 employees.
- Assisted coders with the coding of patient diagnosis for HMO's and Insurance Companies.
- Analyzed hardware, software, and network issues.
- Analyzed computer and other peripheral problems.
- Provided help desk support to hospital employees.
- Shadowed Network Engineers Computer Specialist and provided assistance with their daily task.
- Assisted with weekly server backups.
Student Technical Assistant
- Trained work study students and other students that worked in the Tech Warriors program in hardware, software, wired and wireless networking installations, troubleshooting, and configurations.
- Responsible for installing, uninstalling, configuring, and upgrading hardware and software for university labs, factuality, and student computers.
- Responsible for installing, uninstalling, configuring, and upgrading wireless and wired network routers, switches, radios, equipment.
- Established computer labs for university staff and factuality.
- Managed the re-imaging of desktops and laptops of university systems.
- Provided technical assistance for students and faculty.
- Performed additional tasks as requested.