- I am responsible for ensuring that brand strategy is carried through to all of the various interactive tactics we produce. This includes delivering UX and IA documentation in the form of:
- User Experience Maps
- Site Maps
- It also includes reviewing and adjusting all manuscripts, micro copy, business requirement documents, functional specifications, IA including functional annotations , layouts, and working builds to ensure everything is aligned with UX/Usability best practices. In a nutshell, I get asked a lot of questions from a lot of disciplines and give a lot of advice/direction based on research and experience. I use every possible opportunity as one to teach, and I get abundant opportunities to do so. Interactive tactics include:
- Websites including mobile-specific and responsive considerations
- iPad/iPhone applications sales presentations, games, productivity, and personal data tracking
- Convention booth touchscreens
- E-mail Marketing
- Banner Ads
- Desktop Applications
- Etc. pretty much anything that is interacted with by users winds up in our wheelhouse
- Lead user experience and web marketing teams in creating self service portals for insurance account management of individuals/businesses.
- Was considered the top usability advisor for approximately 65 websites which I also maintained , many of which included lengthy, cumbersome and challenging online insurance applications including nso.com, cpai.com, hpso.com, wedsafe.com and attorneys-advantage.com .
- Created wireframes, designed, coded and improved user experience on various clients' websites, self-service portals and admin interfaces.
- PDMA Benjamin Franklin Award in Direct Marketing and WMA Award for Wedsafe.com
Coded from scratch 3 5 custom websites a week 233 sites in 2006-2007 alone from Photoshop designs using CSS, HTML, JSP, and a customized widget for database calls . Maintained approximately 300 customized websites, including code, content, flash designs, video implementation, search engine optimization, and graphics. Designed websites based on client input when design team was overloaded.
- Developed Application for Volunteer work tracking of employees.
- Maintained Internet and Intranet.
- Created and implemented flash/html video presentation website for training videos.
- Worked with the marketing department in creating banner ads for checking account promotions.
Designed and Developed bethlehemchurch.org in its entirety. The site uses Movable Type as the CMS. I do not currently control the content of this site.
- Transferred static HTML 5,000 pages into a dynamic CMS.
- Developed Awards Nomination User Interface Database.