- GIS technical related position for an organization to support and contribute to geospatial initiatives by bringing over 14 years of GIS experience from some of the largest companies.
- Professional with a diverse GIS background in the fields of oil and gas, geology, environmental sciences, hydrology, engineering, planning and IT services who has cultivated a broad understanding of multiple GIS principles. Experienced with standards and workflows that occur within a large corporate IT environment and applying GIS principles to enable their geospatial needs.
| || || |
- Currently consulting ExxonMobil upstream geo-science application group with the incorporation of ESRI based technologies into ongoing workflows.
- Deployed GIS infrastucture in over 10 locations across the globe
- Designed GIS infrastructure
- Implemented centralized enterprise spatial database
- Duties also included development of custom Python scripts for ArcGIS Server administration and geo-processing services for data automation web mapping integration. Interviewed and on-boarded GIS new hires.
- Provided and led GIS presentations to senior management
- Worked on documentation for all GIS related tasks
- Communicated GIS technical details to senior management
- Worked with corporate team to define GIS standards
- Helped to establish Enterprise GIS solution using ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, and ESRI Flex Viewer
- Worked with business groups to determine which GIS capabilities should be implemented
- Developed GIS solutions and tools to help facilitate and expedite end users everyday tasks through Flex Viewer applications, custom widgets as well as geo-processing services
- Integrated non spatial datasets into spatial datasets to assist business groups visualize vast amounts of data to help understand each individual need
- Developed Python scripts for GIS administration and automation
- Worked as a single point of contact in many acquisition projects to build GIS solutions from the ground up
- Established ArcGIS mobile projects
- Worked on many different projects for various companies providing GIS solutions through ArcGIS Desktop customizations, Enterprise ArcGIS Server setup and administration, PODS pipeline mapping , Python scripting, data management and conversion
- Primary assignment consulting Houston Airport Systems as lead GIS specialist
- Administered ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, CAD conversion, and developed of web mapping applications using Adobe Flex Builder
- Established custom geo-processing tools using Python scripts and Model Builder for batch processing and data automation
- Supervision of co-workers and sub-contractors
- Consultant on various environmental, hydrological, utility mapping and planning projects
- Duties included hydrological modeling, spatial analysis, and statistical analysis of environmental/hydrological data using ArcGIS, ArcSDE, along with other hydrological modeling software
- Lidar/DEM processing, 3D terrain modeling, geo-database design, geo-processing, model creation using Model Builder, Python scripting, geo-referencing, data conversion, CAD conversion, batch processing, metadata creation, digitizing, cartographing mapping and graphics/figure creation, remote sensing, GPS collection, and GPS utility mapping
- Processed GIS data and created diagrams along with maps to assist engineers in planning efforts
- Started as intern as recipient of the Mickey Leland Environmental Internship program, which led to fulltime employment
- Assisted in the Water Group to help engineers and environmental scientists with GIS analysis
- Trained individuals on new GIS technologies
- Duties included environmental and hydrological modeling and geo-processing
- Projects included TMDL assessments, GPS mapping, environmental and hydrological field collection, 3D drainage modeling, and time dependent aerial photography analysis for coastal erosion along barrier islands
- Traveled to construction sites to test construction material such as soil, concrete, steel, etc.
- Performed soil classification, density analysis, and compaction tests on foundations
- Tests were completed and reports were written then sent to clients with recommendations on how to fix issues that were found in analysis