- Quality Assurance Engineer with 9 years of Web, ERP, Mainframe and Client / Server testing. Has extensive experience in creating test plans, test schedules, designing and executing test cases.
- Specialized in QA Methodologies like Use Case, Water fall, Agile and testing of software components for build/release testing and end user focused
- Expertise in analyzing functional and design specifications and had experience in preparing Test plans, Test scripts and Test cases for Manual Testing.
- Experience in using Automation Tools Rational Robot, Quick Test Pro, Win Runner, Test Director, Load runner,Microsoft Test Manager.
- Experince in White Box, Black Box testing methodologies and Functionality Testing.
- Hands on Knowledge in known testing practices, testing strategies and Methodologies.
- Hands on Knowledge using automated testing tools for Functional, Integration, User Acceptance, Regression, Stress, Performance, Load, Database and System Testing.
- Well versed with the use of defect tracking tools.
- Think critically, learn quickly, develop expertise and produce immediate contributions. Blend Knowledge, creative and analytical abilities to produce bottom-line results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Operating Systems - UNIX, Windows.
- Testing Methodologies - USE CASE, RUP, Water Fall, Agile, Six Sigma, CMMI.
- Software Tools - Rational Robot, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear case, Rational Requisite pro, Rational Team Concert, Rational Test Manager, Rational Performance tester,TFS 2008, Mercury Tools Win Runner, Mercury Quality Center 10, Quick Test pro 9.5, Load RunnerTest Director,MTM 2010.
- Data Bases - DB2, Oracle 8.x, SQL Server 2000/7.0, MS Access.
- Packages - MS-Office, MS-Project, Outlook express.
- Web Technologies - Servlets, JSP, JMS, ASP, .NET.
- Application Servers - WebSphere, Weblogic.
Sr Testing Specialist/QA Analyst
- Project: CARES Client Automated Resource Eligibility System and HIX Affordable Care Act
- CARES is a eligibility system offering social services to the residents of Maryland like Food stamps, Medical assistance, Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance, Emergency Assistance, General Assistance, LongtermCare, Foster Care/Adoption and other services in 24 counties in entire state and in different District Offices DO under those counties.
- ACA: The objective of Maryland's Healthcare Reform Project is to design, develop, implement, and operate the Health Insurance Exchange HIX application that will house Maryland's Exchange, to expand coverage under Medicaid, CHIP Children's Health Insurance Program and to process Advance Premium Tax Credits APTC and cost-sharing reductions. The goal of the project is to provide Maryland citizens the ability to enroll in Medicaid plans and to receive eligibility determinations for all Maryland Health Assistance Programs using the single port of entry on the HIX platform.
- Analyzed Business and functional requirements for different CARES enhancement projects.
- Analyzed Business and functional requirements and developed Test Plan for HIX project.
- Developed Scenarios based on Requirement Traceability matrix, Design Documents and Use Cases in Word document initially.
- Involved in Writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts in Rational Quality Management Tool RQM .
- Executed the Scripts in RQM and validated, documented the results.
- Logged Defects in Rational Team Concert RTC .
- Validated the Alerts, Notices generated for the customers.
- Executed queries in DB2 to get the needed information for testing,to get the data or to validate the results.
- Manipulated/edited table's data for getting the data needed while testing.
- Involved in Testing of QC frames and Samples.
- Validated the daily, weekly, monthly reports in RMDS.
- Worked on different interfaces like SAIL interface Data from SAIL to CARES , MMIS
- Tested different enhancements that are going into production environment.
- Involved in testing the MASS MOD which means large data is tested in UAT and directly move to production.
- Analyzed eligibility determination benefit results, determined whether or not client was eligible to receive benefits, calculated the monthly benefit amount they should receive, and sent out appropriate notices,
- Matched the client applying for different programs and in different states using IRN, which is always one for one individual.
- Accessed Requirement documents, design documents from SharePoint.
- Attended weekly team meeting with the UAT and System testing team discussing the outstanding issues in System testing and about the upcoming initiatives into UAT.
- Participated in TPRC Technical Peer Review Committee meetings.Also, involved in Peer formal review of Test Plans.
- Used Clarity tool for updating any change requests.
- Provided leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel, as SME and also helped in clarifying policy related question for other team members.
- Performed Data mapping and validation from source system to target system.
- Validated content and accuracy of reports based on user requirements.
- Testing Progress Report will be created in RQM which provides incremental status of execution and percentage completion.
- Created and maintained test metrics like number of ST and UAT test scripts executed versus number of defects in particular release month for management reporting.
- Coordinated with the Project Manager, used established procedures to document instructions for conducting testing and recording findings.
Environment: Mainframe,JCL, Rational Test manager, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear case, Rational Robot, TOAD, SharePoint
Sr.QA Tester / Analyst
- Analyzed Business and functional requirements for CHIP child health insurance program and Adult basic insurance program.
- Developed Scenarios based on Requirement Traceability matrix, Design Documents and Requirement documents, use cases.
- Developed Test Plans,Test Scenarios and executed in Microsoft Test Manager.
- Performed Unit, functional, Integration, regression, and user acceptance testing UAT .
- Used SOAP UI for web services testing for calling different web services and requests are sent in form of XML files and validated the outbound and inbound XML's.
- Involved in testing EDI transactions for different transactions like 834 Benefit enrollment, 837P, 837I, 837D etc. files were sent from CAPS to contractors Aetna, Highmark,IBC,CBC
- Involved in testing and generating 834 files during batches for sending the changed data to applicants.
- Verified outbound demo triggers for the Citizenship and Identity verification or for demographic data update Last name, first name, gender, Date of Birth, SSN by querying the database tables.
- Ran shuttle and nightly batches to send outbound files or receiving inbound files from MCI.
- Used Quality Center 10 for entering PCR's Program Changed Request , defects and also tracking the defect Process.
- Involved in automation testing using Quick Test Professional QTP
- Used Check Points to check properties of various objects using QTP.
- Created automation test scripts using QTP for Regression testing.
- Ran Daily, Weekly, Monthly batches to send outbound files to contractor and receiving inbound files from contractors when the letters will be generated to the applicants.
- Performed cross browser testing on different browsers to check the integrity.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve the data and also verifying the triggers processed in batch Cycle using TOAD.
- Accessed policy documents, requirements from TFS Team Foundation Server .
Environment: QTP,Visual Studio 2008, .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Oracle 10g, AJAX, Web Forms, Server Controls, ADO.NET, PL-SQL, Windows Server 2003, WCF, Web Services,UINX, Session Objects, User Controls, BizTalk Server 2006, BizTalk Server 2009, Enterprise Architect, TFS, Corticon,Microsoft Test Manager
QA Tester / Analyst
- Involved in data conversion validation from EPICS Mainframe System to IRIS.
- Tested Food stamps, Medical Assistance, Child Care, Foster Care in Mainframe system.
- Validated the data accuracy and the codes of an applicant in CICS Transaction Server.
- Involved in analyzing business requirements, design documents.
- Involved in doing multitasks, Manual testing, Build management, Automation.
- Involved in manual Execution of Test case for the Verification of Basic flow and final result of the applicant.
- Involved in analyzing the functional requirements, writing Test Scripts for all functionality like Child care, Food Stamps, Medical Assistance and POWER.
- Involved in doing all types of testing like Integration Testing, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Involved in calculating EDBC Results Eligibility Determination Benefit Calculation which determines if client is eligible to receive benefits or not and if eligible the monthly benefit amount they should receive and sending the notices to them.
- Involved in testing Change Request CR's which will come from the client if they want to change anything which is not in the design documentand see if is working properly or if it has any impact on the application.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for bug and defect tracking
- Involved in taking screenshots of the defects and used to reproduce when developers needed.
- Involved in Regress all type of defects which are fixed in the build and doing modification, closed, re-open based on observation of defects. .
- Involved in Creating, modifying, running the Batch Scheduler for Daily, weekly and Monthly Jobs.
- Involved in Manual testing in Microsoft Test Manager.
- Involved in execution of automated test scripts using Rational Robot for front-end application.
- Involved in Build management, Developed Build twice a week, validating the build using automation scripts in Rational Robot.
- Involved in Check in or check out and label files with Rational Clear case Version Control System.
- Involved in Compiling applications from source code, Run the build in IDE or on command line
- Involved in Handling errors, run multiple tasks in parallel, and dynamically change the build flow.
- Executing queries in Toad to know the defects fixed in the build.
- Involved in deploying build to various environments.
- Verifying UNIX Log error files and checking the build related errors and exceptions.
Environment: Java, J2EE, HTML, Microsoft Test manager, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear case, Rational Robot, Toad,UINX
- Reviewed and analyzed project requirements and documented the test design.
- Ensured traceability between test scripts, business requirements, and technical specifications by revising test plans and scripts.
- Developed and executed test cases and test scripts both manually and with automation tools.
- Wrote automated test scripts using TSL scripting language.
- Performed GUI testing inserted checkpoints in Win Runner TSL scripts for single/multiple objects and text.
- Analyzed, documented, and maintained test results/test logs.
- Logged bugs and verified bug fixes using Test Director.
Environment: Test Director, WinRunner, Load Runner, C , Java Script, Java, HTML, Oracle, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows NT, 2000, XP.