- Creative web developer with 10+ years experience in the development and maintenance of web. Passionate about developing websites emphasizing usability and accessiblity.
- Creates clean and uncluttered designs based on easy navigation, intuitive page layout, arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and visual appeal.
- Consults with customers, users, designers, engineers and managers to ensure complete understanding and agreement on final layouts, with the intention of not only meeting but exceeding expectations.
Development Tools: PhotoShop, phpPgAdmin, Bugzilla, CVS, Dreamweaver, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE
Development Platforms: Unix - Linux/Solaris/IRIX/HPUX, Macintosh - 8/9/X, NeXTStep
Servers: Apache, Postgres, Oracle
- Improved the usability of the registration form, eliminating unnecessary steps, cleaning up the data display, making it more consistent, and offering multiple options for entering data.
- Completed implementation of event pre-registration system, including adding a limit to how many people can register for an event, and keeping the data layout consistent with the event search page.
- Redesigned the event search page with events color-coded by department and data displayed in a more concise format. Also, added additional search functions and the ability to hide descriptions to further consolidate the lists.
- Improved functionality of administration forms by adding key data to the output.
- Implemented a redesign of the site, improving navigation, and continuing work on cross-browser and mobile compatibility.
- Developed web forms in PHP to view and modify database fields, allowing for editing and saving of additonal data only by users with editing permissions.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Modified CSS3 and HTML5 to ensure cross-browser compatibility of content with new page layout.
- Reviewed and tested MySQL PHP queries for compatability issues in transfering to Oracle and modified as necessary.
- Determined what was likely causing an issue on a web page or discrepency between browsers through testing, research and code reduction, and documented results and test cases for the developers.
- Reviewed new issues to determine reproducibility, priority and assignment to the appropriate developer.
- Modified banner image and started adding navigation consistency.
- Talk Chocolate to Me Created home page for new web site that reflected chocolate theme.
- L10N Expert Implemented a new design including a color palette, graphics and features for the site.
- Updated design of the site and added an order form page.
- Generated scripts to manage site-wide templates and content.
- Updated pages to reflect the design provided by marketing while adhering to accessibility standards.
- Reviewed each page for accessibility issues and modified code to conform to accessiblity guidelines.
- Documented accessibility issues in Content Mangement System (CMS) generated code, and what steps the (CMS) provider should do to remedy each issue.
- Created an accessibility best practice document for those using the WYSIWYG editor to modify content.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Incorporated changes to existing pages and developed new pages as specified.
- Created a new layout design for the site, including an alternative navigation to ensure access to the navigation options by more people and browsers while migrating the site to Dreamweaver.
- Resolved major user usability issues by enhancing the navigation format.
- Collaborated with in-house graphic designers to produce the requested graphics for the new site design.
- Proposed new approaches for a non-technical group to manage their web site by researching internal hosting options and open source applications.
- Incorporated an RSS feed from a blog into a page layout.
Confidential,San Ramon, CA
- Updated content and adjusted formatting to address marketing requests.
- Created a new web-based questionnaire that enabled easier collection of data from survey participants.
- Redesigned “for sale” page on internal website improving display of pictures and descriptions.
- Proposed and implemented a consistent and more user-friendly site design re-focusing on the search capability and improving visual appeal with a grape vine-based color palette.
- Worked on modifing the base iWino system to be a more generic inventory application and the database table structure to be more general.
- Improved the usability and increased the visual appeal of a content management system's (CMS) user interface by modifying forms and templates.
- Worked with customers to finalize requirements and design of new features, then implemented, tested and deployed resulting new web pages to web site.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes