- Dynamic, strategically focused software professional with 15 years of extensive experience in the analysis, design, development and implementation of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions. Skilled in all facets of project life-cycle development from feasibility analysis and conceptual design through documentation, implementation, and user training. Adept at enhancing existing systems with new features and performance improvements. US Citizen. Expertise includes:
- Software: Mainframe OS390 ZOS, CICS, .Net Framework version 2.0 3.5, ASP.Net, Visual Studio 2008, MQ Series and Power Builder.TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Databases: DB2, DATA-COM, IMS, VSAM, ORACLE 10g, SQL-Server 2005 2008 and MS Access.
- Platforms: Mainframe/CICS, AS400, Windows NT/2000/2003/XP, .NET, MICROFOCUS Cobol and UNIX.
- Other: IBM Expedite Base for Windows, GXS, GenTran Integration Suite GIS ver. 4.1 EC Gateway EC-MAP for ASC X 12 standard translations and Any to Any maps, TCP-IP, FTP, SFTP and GNU-GPG encryption tool . Crystal Reports 2008. HL7 and ASC X12 file format.
Senior Systems Analyst Managed Care Services
- systems online testing needs for Patients Access using Soarian Financials to bring on live of their different hospitals. Building test scenarios of various patients registration processes. Successfully getting on five of their hospital go live with Sorian Financials and six more are in process of testing. The testing involves all the transactions going through the Open link interface with other systems, All these transaction data is in HL7 format.
- Implemented the settings needed for print routes in SOARIAN for Event Driven print routing of various Crystal reports and custom forms. Used SOARIAN Admin desktop tool to add, modify and correct data. Proficient in using SOARIAN admin desktop tool and Forms Adaptability tool to write modify custom forms.
- Implemented hospital in/out patient medical and billing information to the states in 837 ANSI X12 5010 version format. Wrote Scripts to set up the transmission protocol to send files and automated the process.
- Implemented and automated the core measures data reporting in 837 X12 5010 ver format and daily concurrent patient demographic data in XML format to the third party client Press Ganey. I wrote an in-house program to correct the data before sending data to Press Ganey. The automation saves around 2 hours of manual work.
System Analyst 3 Application support Development
Responsibilities include, developing custom applications and maintaining colleague DATATEL ERP systems applications using UNIBASIC, UNIDATA.
Analyzed and developed Apply TX application intake processes, to translate EDI 189 file to an internal data format and load the data to various colleague tables. Similarly, implemented the high school data import process.
Lead Software Developer Analyst
- Conceptualized, designed, developed and led development of robust software products for client Fortune 500 companies.
- Analyzed and developed the STARS CLEARING HOUSE project using ASP.NET, .Net framework 3.5, C , ORACLE 10g, which facilitated the EDI reporting of claims and medical bill payment information, as mandated by the state jurisdiction and TPA's. Resulted in elimination of client's need for a third party solution and in-turn generated more revenue for the company.
- Implemented WEB Services for clients to login to Clearing House to send receive the data for the set trading partners. Integrated edtFTPnet and GNU/GPG, third party tools, for secure file transfer with encryption of data.
- Led a team of 4 developers to build the EDI module project, implemented EDI Trading Partner functionality for the EDI Rel-1, Rel-2 and Rel-3 claims and medical bill workers comp reporting system in the company's different claims administration systems products on different platforms. They include:
- Prism for Windows product a client server product using AS400 DB2/ PowerBuilder platform.
- Mainframe text-based claims administration system using CICS/COBOL II, JCL and DB2.
- Technical lead in designing, developing and implementing the following EDI Maps in ANSI X12 formats using GIG and ECMAP tools on time and with less than 0.25 in reporting errors. Saved the clients from state imposed fines. IAIABC mandated document types include the following:
- Implemented the automation process for all outbound/inbound EDI transmissions using PERL scripts, NT command scripts, MF COBOL and GIS tools. Eliminated the need for daily 3 hrs of manual intervention to maintain the day to today activities and maintenance of the system.
- As an EDI SME, coordinated all issues between internal users, external trading partners and external communications network providers GXS VAN network, Internal FTP servers . Responsible for basic analysis and troubleshooting with new and existing trading partners to solve communication issues.
- Recommend and implemented Performance solutions to existing problems by analyzing available data, performing root cause analysis and potential problem discussion using CMM model, thereby reducing the CPU timing of the program execution and cost reduction. Coordinated with Software Quality Assurance team for creating testing plans and unit testing. Involved in Integrated, Unit and system testing.
- As Technical lead, developed, implemented and managed the roll out of an electronic medical bill payment system involving receiving medical invoice data Physician, Hospital and Pharmacy and the corresponding notes Word.doc, image files etc from various clients. Prepared technical specifications and documented the whole eBillPro process as per company's standards and created the test plans for testing the end-to-end functionality of the product.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills, extensive experience in analyzing complex rules and regulations and implementing automated systems to reduce workflow and manual errors.
Led a team of 4 developers to build the EDI module project and online setup screens on Mainframe using CICS/ COBOL II and DB2, for users to setup an account for EDI reporting. This helped clients to setup and maintain their trading partner information without having to call account managers. Saved, clients time and money.
Software Consultant: On project assignment
As member of 7 person team, developed and implemented the Invoice Processing System and Billing System for AT T using IMS DB/COBOL II, which communicated with AT T's IRIS/IDB databases. Designed developed several report generation programs for invoicing and adjustments, resulted in helping clients get an accurate, user friendly and easy to read bill statements.