- Over 7 years of experience as a DevOps/Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development, Deployment operations in different environments.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles(SDLC) and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autos calling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed ChefCookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Expertise in using the Docker Container for wrapping up the final code.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS from Datacenter.
- Experience with CI (ContinuousIntegration) and CD (ContinuousDeployment) methodologies using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Good knowledge in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like HYPER-V, VMware, Vagrant.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools Sub-Version, GIT, SVN.
- Good experience in automating deployment pipelines.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines. Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experienced with the understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and DB2 by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Experience is using Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Test and Build Systems: Ant, Maven and Gradle
Version Control Tools: SVN, Git, Subversion
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, GIT
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows NT/2003/XP/2000.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web logic, Nginx, and JBoss
Database: Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Cassandra, MYSQL
Languages: C/C++, HTML, Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Ruby
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Created and maintained cookbooks and recipes in Chef, playbooks in Ansible for continuous deployment of resource in site/paging and production environment.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies like Chef and Ansible.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Using Jenkins AWS CodeDeploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN and Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (Boto & Fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Wrapped the developed code into Docker Container to make it ready for execution.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscalling groups.
- Created triggers, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Worked on CloudFormation to write the templates on AWS.
- Used the Elastic Beanstalk to create the web applications with the integration of Docker.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Developed Perl and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Used JIRA as ticketing tool.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Performed and deployedBuildsfor various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
Environment: DevOps, Java, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Python, Ruby, Power Shell, Perl, GIT, SVN, Apache Web server, Jboss, Apache JMETER, Gliffy, MetaCase, Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Technical leader to align processes and tools, such as branching, source control structure, dependency management, Linux\Windows hybrid build infrastructure, code review, and check-in policies, that are developed and instrumented by DevOps teams across projects globally.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet.
- Experienced with working on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Opsworks.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, Roles and Groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWS Opsworks.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2Autoscaling groups.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance’s and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitored system performance using Nagios and Tivoli.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS service.
- Set up Elasticache using memcached.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python, UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in different environments.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implemented and building tools such as Ant/Maven and Gradle in order to automate and enhance the overall operational environment.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Integrated various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform using Jenkins/Hudson CI tools.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize the end product configuration.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, Git, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Hudson, Python, Ruby Chef, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Power Shell, Chef.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
DevOps Engineer/Build Engineer
- Migrate SVN repositories to Git and administrate Gitlab to manage Git repositories.
- Build and improve the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Create and attach volumes on to EC2 instances.
- Configure AWS VPC with public and private subnets.
- Apply Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing to create high availability and fault tolerance to EC2 instances.
- Install and configure Apache, Nginx, Drupal, and WordPress on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Good Experience writing Cookbooks and Recipes using Industry Best Practices for both Deployment Automation and Configuration Management.
- Very good understanding of Ruby scripting, using various gems, ERB Templates etc.
- Testing Cookbooks with Test Kitchen and Docker containers even before uploading to chef server.
- Very good understanding of using Roles, Environments, Data Bags and their encryption with Vault.
- Good understanding on Knife and Chef Bootstrap.
- Practical understanding and experience in scaling Chef with 100's of agents and few Chef Servers.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
- Wrote python routines to log into the websites and fetch data for selected options.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project milestones, plans and resources.
- Involved in Troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Used CONFLUENCE to maintain the product release wikis.
- Administered JIRA and managed tickets raised by keeping a close eye.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions
Environment: Oracle Web Logic 9.x/10.x, Ruby scripting, Python scripting, Oracle 11g, Solaris 10, LINUX, SVN GIT, ANT, AWS, JIRA, Jenkins, Chef, LDAP, HP Quality Center, Wily.
Build and Release Engineer
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Administrating Red Hat Linux (RHEL).
- Written modules to install and configure Apache, Tomcat and JDK.
- Setup of build scripts, systems and infrastructure to enable build and release process.
- Build C++ and Java files using ANT/MAVEN build tool.
- Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Configured and managed the Plugin Management and User Management in Jenkins CI Tool.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Designed and developed Bamboo Build deployments.
- Experience in managing Version Control Systems GIT and SVN.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Hands on writing Shell scripts and Perl scripts for compilation of deployment processes.
- Communicating with all levels of engineering, management, and development, testing teams.
- Hands on trouble shooting skills, project documentation.
- Involved in setting up of Subversion-SVN server, server maintenance, Client machines setup.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures documents.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers.
- Implemented ClearCase and Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments (DEV, QA, CERT, UAT and PROD).
- Configured the different (Hosted, Proxy and Virtual) repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans and Support development engineers with Configuration Management issues.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Analyzed the Troubleshooting in QA, CERT, UAT and PROD environment issues and supported the Production issues.
Environment: Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris 10, Puppet, Apple Applications, ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, GIT, SVN, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Bamboo, Jenkins, ClearCase.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes