HIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
- Action-orientated information technology executive with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risks. Dynamic IT management career with strong leadership, problem solving, planning, team building and project management skills. Recruit, develop, motivate and retain diverse staff structuring them in teams that deliver results and savings. Proven ability to cultivate executive relationships with key-decision makers.
- Technology Architecture Integration
- IT Delivery and Project Management
- Financial Management
- Staff Management Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- Client Relationship Management
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Organization and Staff Development
- Project leader for implementation of e-commerce solution which generates over 200,000 of revenue annually.
- Produced savings of 250,000 in first year as Chief Information Officer for Georgian Court University.
- Authored a software application textbook which was sold internationally.
- Successfully managed and completed numerous Information Technology projects including installations of local and wide area networks, ERP system upgrades, wireless network infrastructure, SAN implementation, VOIP telephony, helpdesk and Course Management Systems.
- Developed extensive software curriculum and conducted software training courses.
- Conducted computer seminars and product demonstrations at nationally recognized computer shows including the AEC Expo and National Computer Graphics show.
- Increased sales volume as corporate salesperson with CADD Value Corporation and Vista Computer Center.
- Acquired a broad working knowledge of the Internet, Intranet, local and wide area networking, web publishing, VOIP telephony, wireless and various PC hardware, software, and peripherals.
Chief Information Officer
- Provide executive leadership and management of technology systems and services including management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure satisfaction, technical delivery, and resource management.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology department, including directing 12 staff, who support administrative and academic computing, networking, user services and media services.
- Negotiate IT vendor annual license and maintenance contracts savings averaged 200,000 per year.
- Manage the Office of Information technology budget savings averaged 150,000 per year.
- Managed and completed multiple large scale projects on time and within budget.
- Establish rapport and credibility with department heads and senior management.
- Implement and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for information technology.
- Recommend and determine the institutions long term system needs and propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish business objectives and University goals.
- Write and submit monthly reports to the President of the University on the status of all Office of Information Technology projects.
- Supervised IT personnel and managed daily workflow for the Office of Information Technology.
- Responsible for project management functions, systems administration, systems licensing negotiations, interfacing with heads of departments, making decisions on staffing, interviewing, upgrades, system maintenance, warranty issues, software application vendor licensing, software integration and people management.
- Served as project manager for IT projects, including network hardware/software infrastructure upgrade, VOIP telephony implementation, HP SAN implementation and IT helpdesk and desktop services.
- Responsible for implementing networking and wireless technology into new campus building projects
Director of Instructional Computing and End User Services
- Supervised personnel and managed daily workflow to provide hardware and software support for state-of-the-art computer laboratories and entire end-user community.
- Successfully implemented a plan for Windows XP campus wide upgrade.
- Established a strategic initiative to integrate information technology, including computer mediated communication, presentation and interactive multimedia, and the Internet into a multifaceted university computing environment.
- Project leader for implementing and supporting student and faculty IBM ThinkPad laptop computing project.
- Prepared and managed computer budget for instructional computing labs and all academic end users.
Team Leader / Network Systems Administrator
Served as Team Leader for Network Systems division.
- Designed and implemented Microsoft, and Apple MAC servers and workstations for local and wide-area network.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of plans for campus-wide network systems as it relates to all academic faculty offices and instructional computing labs.
- Supported networked applications software and printing.
Systems Support Specialist III,
- Designed, implemented, and supported local and wide-area networks within a university setting.
- Setup and troubleshoot WAN, LAN and Internet applications using various networking products on a fiber optic and Ethernet backbone using TCP/IP, IPX, and IPTUNNEL protocols.
- Thorough knowledge of internetworking with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Novell Netware and GroupWise, Windows XP, UNIX, 10baseT, Ethernet routers and hubs.
- In charge of all network related projects on the central and southern campuses.
- Skilled using all Microsoft applications, AutoCAD, networking and web applications, GIS Arc info.
- Responsibilities included software training, customer support, sales, installations, CAD production, and scanning services using AutoCAD R11/12, Intergraph Microstation and CADkey software.
- Maintained accounts for customer base related to personal sales.
- Served as CAD project manager for various clients in several disciplines including architectural, facilities design, piping, mechanical and civil engineering.
- CAD Systems Specialist Confidential
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive software training curriculum for corporate accounts.
- Conducted training in AutoCAD, MS Office suite, Novell, MS Windows and Harvard Graphics.
- Wrote technical training manuals for AutoCAD levels I, II, III and Autolisp programming language.
- Coordinated complete setup of PC local area networks and CAD workstations.
- Responsibilities included client site planning, configuration, installation, user training, support, LAN to LAN and LAN to host communications on DOS and Macintosh platforms.
- Experienced with Novell, IBM PC LAN and Appleshare network software.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, arcnet and AppleTalk network hardware.
- Specialized in CAD systems configuration, installation and training with AutoCAD software.
Engineering/Cad Department Chair
- Supervised all department projects and personnel.
- Instructed clients on microprocessor based CAD systems.
- Responsibilities included writing course curriculum, troubleshooting and correcting system failures, conducting seminars, and demonstrations.
Industrial Arts Teacher
- Taught drafting, engineering drawing, architectural drawing, electronics, and woodworking technology courses.
- Promoted student interest through coaching wrestling and gymnastics.