- I have over 16 years of experience in the information technology industry. I've worked as a .NET Developer in the marketing industry, a Lead Web Designer in the insurance industry, a Lead Analyst and Web Developer in the automotive industry and as a Programmer/Analyst and Mainframe Support for major distribution, telecommunication and automotive companies.
- Areas of Expertise
- .NET Developer
- Lead Web Designer
- Team Leadership
- Web Developer
- Applications Development
- Mainframe Support
- Coding and Debugging
- Design Specifications
- Experience and Skills
- C .NET
- .NET 1.1 and 2.0 Framework
- Web Services
- Visual Studio 2005
- SQL Server 2005
- Reporting Services
- Visual Studio Team System
- Telerik Web User Controls
Chronology of Experience
Position: .NET Developer
Environment: MS Windows XP Professional
Tools: C .NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VSTO, XML, XSD, XPATH, Web Services, SQL, Microsoft Enterprise Library, .NET 1.1 and 2.0 Frameworks, Visual Studio Team System, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005, Cascading Style Sheets, Graphic Design for Web and Windows, Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004, MS IIS Web Server, MS Office 2003, InfoPath and Telerik Web User Controls.
Developed classes, web services, windows forms and reports using the .NET framework within an agile development model for a large Order Management System. Created class libraries to validate XML elements/attributes from serialized objects using XPATH queries. Developed class libraries to load relational database tables from DataSet classes based on XSD schemas. Developed web services for commonly called business functionality and populating XSD Objects. Developed windows forms and user controls using XSD Objects. Developed and implemented reports using Reporting Services and SQL Server stored procedures. Designed application graphics and established implementation guidelines. Conducted architectural research and designed web based mockups using Telerik web user controls for a possible web based version of the application. Collaborated with the IT Director and other business users.
Position: Lead Web Designer
Environment: MS Windows 2000
Tools: DHTML, HTML, JAVA Script, Cascading Style Sheets, Graphic Design for Web, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004, MS IIS Web Server, MS Excel and MS Word.
Led a Web Design team capturing business rules, requirements and business use cases for a large corporate insurance wholesale management system approx. 450 web screen components . Supervised creation of UML business models, use cases, rules, requirements, and screen mockups. Designed screen mockups representing business use cases, rules requirements gathered by Business Architects. Collaborated with the CIO, VPs, Directors and other business users. Demonstrated, presented and prototyped the logical grouping of screen elements that represented information gathered during the requirements gathering phase. Designed screen mockups using HTML, JAVA Script and Cascading Style Sheets. Managed and implemented screens using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 and MS IIS Web Server. Created original artwork e.g., buttons, headers, footers using Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004. Designed and implemented a global style sheet, web development best practices and traceability matrix e.g., mappings of rules and requirements to screen elements . Used my development PC to host screen mockups through MS IIS Web Server over internal Intranet for business user sampling.
Position: Team Leadership
Environment: PC/LAN, MS Windows 2000
- Tools: DHTML, HTML, HTTP, Active Server Pages, ADO, JAVA Script, VB Script, Visual Interdev, Visual Basic, PVCS, PVCS Tracker, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, SQL , MS SQL Server, TOAD, MS Windows 2000 Server, MS IIS Web Server, LDAP, SOAP, TCP/IP, ODBC, Java Grid, Message Queues, MTS, COM , DCOM, Cascading Style Sheets, Mercury Test Director, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Macromedia Fireworks MX and Adobe Photoshop 7.0
- Led a team supporting web subsystems of a large corporate financial system approx. 1500 web screen components . Team provided production support, maintenance, enhancements and new development. Ensured compliance with the customer's Service Level Agreement and that incidents were resolved quickly. Interacted with the web hosting center and oversaw production and test environments. Assigned work to team resources. Led team in developing a comprehensive test suite for web subsystems, including test strategies, scenarios, and functional, system thread and integration test cases. Documented logical process flows for web subsystems. Coordinated initial migration of web subsystems from Quality Assurance to Production. The application was based on a three-tiered architecture that was new to the company, using ASP/Java Script, COM and Oracle stored procedures. Identified and resolved many web related technology issues through collaboration with Technical Architects and Business Customers. Worked closely with Application Group Manager to coordinate schedules, assignments and meetings regarding migration and production support related efforts. Designed and developed a Production Support Web Site for easy navigation to supported applications, access to project and technology related information and links to common utilities and related applications.
Position: Web Development
Environment: PC/LAN, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows 2000 Server
- Tools: DHTML, HTML, HTTP, Active Server Pages, ADO, Java Script, VB Script, Visual Interdev, Visual Basic, PVCS, PVCS Tracker, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, SQL , MS SQL Server, TOAD, MS Windows 2000 Server, MS IIS Web Server, LDAP, SOAP, TCP/IP, ODBC, Java Grid, Message Queues, MTS, COM , DCOM, Cascading Style Sheets, Mercury Test Director, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Macromedia Fireworks MX and Adobe Photoshop 7.0
- Modified and developed Active Server Pages, Visual Basic Active X DLL's and Oracle PL/SQL programs. Installed applications on Web, Application and Report Servers. Created Registry entries, COM Components and Message Queues for applications. Wrote program specifications, documentation and test scenarios. Worked closely with Business Customers to ensure applications accurately executed business logic. Designed and developed a Team Web Site for common utilities and applications within the group.
Position: UX Design Resume Profile
Environment: PC/LAN, MS Windows 98, MS Windows 2000
- Tools: DHTML, HTML, HTTP, Active Server Pages, ADO, Java Script, VB Script, Visual Interdev, Visual Basic, PVCS, PVCS Tracker, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, SQL , SQL Server, TOAD, MS Windows 2000 Server, MS IIS Web Server, LDAP, SOAP, TCP/IP, ODBC, Java Grid, Message Queues, MTS, COM , DCOM, Cascading Style Sheets, Mercury Test Director, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Macromedia Fireworks MX and Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
- Worked with the development staff to ensure a smooth transition of the application to the production support staff different companies . Learned business logic, system flow and technical details developed documentation ensured the application met technical and quality standards for implementation and transition. Assisted development staff with minimum Active Server Pages and HTML coding developed graphics for the project.
Position: Application Development
Environment: IBM OS/390, PC/LAN, Windows 95/98
- Tools: COBOL, CICS, Datacom DB, IDEAL, METACOBOL, JCL, SYNCSORT, XPEDITER, TSO, XPEDITER/CICS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, VISIO.
- Developed an automated inventory distribution system. Designed the system, developed all the program logic and wrote program specifications and documentation. Designed and executed test scenarios and trained users. Designed, developed and implemented ad-hoc programs for internal and external clients. Created quality assurance documentation and standards for project team.