- Over 6 years of IT experience that includes UNIX/AIX /Linux/Windows/HP-UX/Solaris Administration.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, administrating, troubleshooting, decommissioning, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX4.3/5.1/5.2/5.3/6.1/7.1, HP-UX, Solaris 7/8/9/10, Win NT/2000/2003 Server, Linux Red Hat SuSE .
- Experience in supporting RHEL, IBM-AIX, Solaris HP-UX server environments.
- Expertise in IBM AIX hardware components pSeries 770/750, 590, 595, 570, 550 RS 6000, trouble-shooting and maintenance of PC's.
- Extensively used HMC to perform various tasks like creating VIOS and LPARS, performing DLPAR operation to change CPU configuration, changing memory, changing LPAR profiles, Activating LPARS, power-off frame etc.
- Supported the installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of Application Servers like IBM Websphere 3.5/4.0/5.0, BEA Weblogic, JBOSS and Web Servers like IBM HTTP Web Server, iPlanet, WebServer, Apache WebServer on Sun Solaris, AIX and Windows 9X/200X.
- Upgraded Servers from 6.1 to 7.1 for testing purpose.
- Installed Acronis on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Extensively experienced in applying build updates to RHEL 4.4, 4.5 servers, and applied build updates to the kick start servers.
- Experience working in a SAP Environment and building the servers for SAP.
- Supported application deployment, testing and performance tuning.
- Assisted SAP Basis team with AIX and database troubleshooting.
- Provide dedicated support for users for SAP applications in a HA cluster configuration 2-node,3-node HACMP .
- Administration Cisco 6500, 2600 series switches.
- Experience in Developing and running various scripts such as backups, performance matrix scripts, mksysb images script, OS installation scripts, pinging multiple servers, creating user accounts on multiple servers, ether channel, Automount etc.
- Executed various scripts for backups, user account creation on multiple servers, to ping multiple servers, login in to multiple servers, to locate servers etc.
- Good working knowledge of Netapp, TSM, flashcopy and netbackup.
- Installed VIO server Advanced POWER Virtualization on IBM P5 System. Assigned resources by making six partitions LPAR client of VIO server and clients Installation.
- Installed and build from scratch complete NIM Setup. Added different clients to NIM server and their Backup. Experienced in installing and configuring EMC PowerPath and carving OUT LUNS.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Hands on experience in developing, deploying, implementing, testing and support of full life cycle implementations of various J2EE/Internet/Intranet and distributed applications.
- Excellent capacity planning skills in UNIX AIX/HPUX environment.
- Sun Solaris, IBM-AIX kernel Tuning, Performance Analysis and Load Balancing.
- Experienced in UNIX Production Server Support 24x7.
- Implementing and maintenance of DNS, DHCP servers in Solaris sub-network.
- Everyday Network administration tasks - adding and removing users file and share permissions, trust management, replication management, server backups, and server setup.
- Performed user tasks including submitting and managing parallel, serial and interactive jobs.
- Proven ability to Define System requirements, recommended solutions, analyze capacity and make appropriate modifications.
- Knowledgeable in Optimization of Enterprise Applications using JBOSS Application Server 5.0/4.0/3.5, XML Configuration, Workload Management WLM , WAS Resource Analyzer, WebSphere Test Environment WTE , IBM Visual Age for Java 4.0/3.5, EJB, JNDI, LDAP, JMS, Oracle 9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB on Sun Solaris, AIX and Windows 2000
- Platforms : UNIX AIX 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3/6.1/7.1 , Linux 6/7/8.x Redhat, SUSE , HP-UX11.x, Microsoft windows 95 2003 server, Solaris7/8.x, HP-UX11.x
- Networking : TCP/IP, Ethernet, token ring, FDDI, VPN, OPENSSH, secureID, router, switches, DHCP, DNS QIP software
- High Available Clustering : HACMP, VCM, LAAM
- Database : Oracle7.x/8.x/9.x DB2, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL server 7.0/2000
- Languages : UNIX shell script, C, C , HTML, Perl, Expect, Awk, Java, .net
AIX System Administrator
- Build and prepare hardware IBM Systemsp770 and IBM Systemp 750 for production and non production servers for migration and implementation of new environment as per business requirements.
- Design, planning, implementation and management of Advanced virtualized environment and Power VM. Experience in installation and upgrade of VIOS from version 1.1 to 2.2
- Implemented Dual VIO with Link aggregation and used integrated virtual device, Virtual scsi disk through SAN as root disks to VIO-Clients and Fiber card virtualization using NPIV for application Vg. Implemented MPIO and Power path in VIO environment.
- Capacity planning and hardware sizing of servers for IBM pure scale cluster setup.
- Built POWERHA 6.1 clusters and migrated servers with AIX 6.1/7.1.
- Migration method SAN disk rezoning VIO or NPIV.
- Worked with VAS tool for joining, unjoining, deleting, linking and done a lot of troubleshooting on it.
- Worked on changes to network adapter to migrate the server to another network. Down detach network adapter, done tcpip configurations, Changed Vlan ID using HMC, configuring resolve.conf and host files.
- Perform regular system administration tasks and perform troubleshooting in order to keep the UNIX/Linux environments running smoothly. Implement change management requests resolve incident tickets through 'HP Service center' ticketing system. Complete UNIX/LINUX related projects on a timely manner.
- Extensive use of VERITAS Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manger for disk management, file systems management on Linux and Sun Solaris environments.
- Installation and configuration VERITAS Net Backup on Linux Severs and performing Backup using VNB and also performing upgrades on this software.
- Worked as Subject Matter Expert SME for AIX.
- Designed highly available and scalable solutions using VIOS.
- Worked with IBM to identify the root cause for the problems.
- Provided UNIX system administration support as needed for related project activities.
- Performed health checking on VIO servers to ensure redundancy and load balancing for Virtual SCSI vscsi and NPIV VIO clients.
- Created disk groups, volumes, volume groups using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Creating File Systems, Disk Groups, Volumes and Increasing File Systems using
- VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 VxVM/VxFS .
- Monitoring and reporting on all hosted servers memory, disk space, log file analysis, cleanup, etc .
- Follow change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines
Environment: AIX v5.3/6.1/7.1 Solaris SUN V8/9/10 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 Windows 2003/2008 VERITAS Volume Manager, Veritas File Systems, Veritas Cluster, VxVM Oracle 9i/10g/11g IBM pSeries 520, 550, 560, 595, 770 HP Proliant BL460C G6, Proliant BL460C GEN8, Proliant DL785 G5, IA64 Superdome2 16S SUN: Blade T6320 G2, Sparc Enterprise T5220 NPM Network Password Manager TEP Tivoli Enterprise Portal BMC Remedy HP Server Automation HP Performance Manager
- Building of new VIOServers and clients from p-series p550, p570, p590 using HMC.
- Creating Logical Partitions of VIOServers and VIOClients on pSeries frame and assigning processor, memory and Ethernet adapters to VIOS and assigning memory and processor to VIOC LPARS .
- Full management of SAN environment composed of 6 IBM DS4000 storage subsystems and 4 node IBM Storage Volume Controler cluster splitted into 2 fabrics with 4 switches each. SAN has more than 200 terabytes of data.
- Management of two DS4300 storage systems.
- LUN Masking, Mapping, Configuration changes LUN Concatenations on DMX arrays.
- Meta head creation on DMX arrays.
- Masking view, Storage group, Device Group creation LUN Concatenation on V-MAX arrays
- Installation of VIOS 18.104.22.168, VIOS Fixpack 11.1 Service Pack via NIM Server.
- Installation of AIX 5.3 on all VIOC/LPAR Clients, installation via NIM Sever
- Installation and configuration of VIO servers and updating system firmware by using HMC along with Logical Partition technology LPARs .
- Building and configuring AIX V6.1, 5.3 on LPARs using NIM.
- Performed ERP Hosting AIX Oracle Database and SAP Volume Group Restore on AIX 5.3
- Worked on Backup and Recovery of SAP R/3 systems.
- Responsible for resolving issues related to SAP basis and User Security and Authorizations
- Assisting SAP Basis team with AIX/Linux and database troubleshooting.
- Maintain and Creation of User profile and respective Groups.
- AIX 5.2/ 5.3/6.1 migrations using NIM and local install methods.
- Responsible for mirroring and un-mirroring using logical volume manager LVM .
- Testing the AIX servers for High Availability.
- Responsibility for installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of TSM as secondary admin.
- Implementation and Configuration of HACMP V5.2/5.3 clusters.
- Configure File Systems and administer using NFS.
- Installed and configured nmon for performance testing and provide the reports.
- Supervised Hardware installations and Performed O/S upgrades
- Perl scripting for user creation, mksysb exports, SAN LUN Mapping, limiting access of non-root users, wrote shell scripts for HACMP to automatically start, stop the database and application when the server failover or fallback.
- Providing support to install the oracle Databases and WebSphere Applications.
- Responsible for Websphere and Weblogic application shutdown and restart.
- Responsible working with the Application team to test which process is consuming most of the processing time by using topas.
- Documenting each and every procedure and uploading the Documents on the Internal Web Portal of the Company for Team Reference.
Environment: AIX v5.2/5.3/6.1, Solaris, SUN V8, LPAR, HACMP V5.2/5.3, Windows 2000, Oracle 9i,Oracle 10g, Java, DB2r, LVM, SSH,IBM BladeCenter JS22, IBM pSeries 550, 570,590, 595, FAS3100, FAS2000 storage devices, Tivoli, TSM, Web Sphere Application Server
- System Administrator for Unix AIX servers
- System Administration of AIX on p690, p650, p630 and RS/6000.
- DNS , DHCP , NFS , NIS configuration with WSM SMIT
- Monitoring of Disk Memory Utilization on AIX
- Configuration of LVM on AIX.
- Experience using LVM creating VGs, LVs, and disk mirroring.
- Patch installations on IBM AIX, Linux servers
- Hands on experience of HMC LPAR.
- Troubleshooting in AIX Environments
- Creating, mirroring, monitoring, maintaining performance File Systems
- User, Super user and Management, security planning and implementation.
- Backup and Restore Management using ufsdump and ufsrestore.
- Disk Space management using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Clustered multiple RS/6000 machines on AIX using HACMP.
- Installation, Configuration Upgrade of AIX operating systems running oracle Database.
- Configuration and Administration of DNS, NIS, NIS , NFS, DHCP, FTP, Samba Servers and clients.
- Security layers like SSL, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Netscape and Apache web server.
- Configuration and administration of mail server, Sendmail, and SNMP/POP
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of job, system monitoring and error reporting.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID. Disk replacement and File system recovery.
- Worked on EMC disk storage to allocate disk space.
- Installation of Solaris through Jumpstart configuration.
- Backup maintenance through TSM using Tape libraries.
- Planning and setup of Disaster Recovery Servers.
- Developed and deployed backup strategy using TSM environment.
- Worked with different hardware and software vendors to troubleshoot the hardware and software problems.
- Document backup policies and procedures for backup routines, schedules and restore policies
Environment: AIX 4.3/.5.2/5.3, Solaris 5.6/5.8/5.9/5.10, SAP R/3, Oracle, JBOSS, Veritas Volume Manager, LVM, HACMP, LAAM,SSH, TSM, Sybase, EMC, SAN, Weblogic, Websphere BMC patrol, Clearcase, TIBCO, Tuxedo, Windows 2003 Advance Server.
- Worked with production engineers round the clock for production and development environments.
- Installed and configured RHEL 5.x on Dell servers using KickStart and Solaris 8/9/10 on sun servers using Jumpstart.
- Installed patches and other necessary packages.
- Performed volume management using LVM on Linux.
- Created Users, Group and file system as per the database requirements.
- Monitored system capacity and performance using tools like vmstat, iostat.
- Created zones and added storage to an existing storage pool.
- Configured PIX 520, 501 Firewalls, Cisco 3640 Routers, 2900, 3350 switches.
- Implemented direct and indirect maps for auto mounts in NIS environment.
- Configured and administered MySQL database.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to generate performance matrix of the servers.
- Developed bash and korn scripts for automating batch jobs.
- Experienced in file system tuning using VERITAS File System VxFS .
- Installed and configured Send mail Utility on Sun Unix servers
- Installed, configured and supported Windows 2000/2003 servers utilizing HP and IBM hardware.
- Provided 24/7 support on shift rotation based on call.
Environment: Sun Fire x4100, x4200, x4250, V240, V440, Windows 2000/2003, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas foundation suite 5.0, Puppet, Apache 2.2.x, Web Server 6.x, 7.