Summary of Qualifications
- Over 20 years experience designing, developing, integrating, and supporting corporate tools and applications, with emphasize Web-based and client/server-based applications. Excels at managing multiple projects simultaneously, collaborating with project teams, and performing multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment in order to accomplish targeted outcomes and meet established deadlines
- Expert knowledge of numerous programming languages, including C , Java, and Visual FoxPro. Easily learn and apply new technologies quickly Technical Skills
- Developed custom objects and reports for Alere Manufacturing and Alere Accounting
- Responsible for data integrity, system monitoring and improving database performance
- Develop applications which allow end users to resolve common issues with processing and reconcile manufacturing work orders
- Create, develop and manage content for the organization eleven web sites.
- Responsible for creating the templates that provide the display rules for online content
- Develop applications which migrate data feeds into our content management system
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Team leader for all development projects. Responsibilities analyzing business requirements, developing technical specifications, planning, coding, testing implementation, and QA
- Responsible and perform all database administrator duties Created SQL scripts and procedures that significantly decreased data entry and transactional processing times in MySQL.
- Implemented several classes to handle new EDI requirements in our existing EDI application which was developed in C . Responsible for overall EDI process including exchange schedule, encryption and backup
- Using Visual FoxPro 8, developed internal applications which assist us with our IT activities. One of tools designed automatically compile monthly reports and email them to our clients while another tool assisted developers with the data scrubbing of the provider data that we received on a weekly basis
Director of Application Development,
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Application Development and Reporting.
- Designed and managed the deployment our new enterprise claim system called MedEngine. Deployed over multiple servers, MedEngine was able to increase performance by 400 and increase the percentage of claims processed automatically from 75 to 93 .
- Led cross-functional team by integrating a new provider affiliation database in Oracle 9 for usage in our new claim repricing system.
- Reorganized the Reporting group to identify and develop self-serve reports which dramatically reduce the turnaround time on reports request from days to minutes. Using Visual FoxPro 8, we developed a desktop application which allow our users to run these report on demand as well setup a schedule in which reports were automatically emailed to them
- Managed various development projects through all cycles in order to meet business strategies
- Developed, maintained and enhanced various legacy FoxPro applications. Most of the enhancements involved the rewriting of code to use Oracle 8i instead of using FoxPro own internal database
- Developed a claim processing application, using Visual FoxPro, which tripled production and automated claim processing from 33 to 75 .
- Developed the framework for the company's Intranet system, using NetDynamics, which included dynamic pages to handle company documents and time clock function.
- Developed six of nine major applications used by NPPN and supervised Junior Programmers in the maintenance of these applications