SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Expert understanding in the full software development life cycle including gathering end user specifications, analyses, modeling, design, database analysis, development, testing, documentation, training and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Seasoned computer professional with experience as a consultant, project leader, developer and mediator.
- Specialty in back office systems/optimizations.
- Advanced interpersonal skills interfacing with developers, database administrators, stake holders, vendors, and management. Skilled in mentoring.
- Goal oriented to complete projects in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Enthusiastic in promoting new technology when appropriate and valuable.
- Recent experience in Bitcoin processing, API's and back end web development.
- Ecommerce experience in Shopify and KonaKart.
- SharePoint project skills: business requirements, business analysis, time estimates, resource planning, database design, database architecture, database tuning, project implementation, testing, training, knowledge transfer and stake holder/DBA/technical communication. Knowledge of InfoPath, Workflow, Web Service, SharePoint Designer, Navigation Control, and Content Management.
J u d i t h K a t z m a n
Developer and Business Analyst
- Bitcoin store is the first general merchandise E-commerce site to accept ONLY Bitcoins.
- Data needed to be formatted to match the new KonaKart e-commerce requirements for product descriptions, attributes, similar products and upselling.
- BitPay API was incorporated into the e-commerce system using Java.
- Cleaned up the import scripts from the vendors to the e-commerce site using MySQL.
- Analyzed and wrote specifications for better stock control, and to streamline the business, between Bitcoinstore, vendor and warehouses.
- Reviewed the vendor API's to reduce stock issues.
- Improved product searching using SOLR.
- Created an intranet to load data into Shopify using Python/Flask.
- Created emulators for the Bitcoin exchanges. This allowed testing of the exchanges without actually sending Bitcoins. For each exchange, the API was reviewed to capture all error messages as well as positive behavior. For each scenario a test was created to ensure integrity of the BitInstant system.
- Modified the back-end maintenance system to track transactions.
Analyst/Developer- SharePoint Specialist
- Automated all HRIS functionality through the entire SDLC using SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Systems included salary processing, payroll, executive compensation, 401k, time off, employee tracking, data conversion and marketing analysis. Software includes SharePoint 2010, C , SSRS, Access and SQL Server.
- Payroll Processing Via a workflow, written in C , payroll data was loaded from Excel worksheets into SharePoint lists. Emails were then produced to confirm the data accuracy. After confirmation of all calculations, data was then loaded into the SQL database tables, represented in SharePoint.
- w New Employee Processing Via a C program, a worksheet is loaded in an SQL table represented in SharePoint, and reminders are stored in a calendar i.e. special bonus payouts, probation periods, 401k eligibility etc .
- 401K calculations Each quarter, 401K calculations are run, and reports are created for distribution to the actuaries, banks and financial institution.
- American Express tracking This system loaded data from downloaded Excel worksheets, into SharePoint lists. Reports were then distributed, by employee, to obtain matching receipts and sign offs.
- Applicant Tracking This system tracked applicants, such as their status, requirements, interview comments, and history. This data was stored in SharePoint lists, and then transferred to SQL when the applicant became an employee. In addition, a calendar was updated to remind HR when probation finished, to pay out sign on bonuses, and when 401K entitlement occurred
- Accounting Created reports from payroll data using SSRS, which were displayed in SharePoint web parts.
Web Developer, Business Analyst, Project Manager
- Coordinated the EMI music registration system which involved over 60 music societies worldwide. Each society has variations of the standard format involving data usage and time requirements. Managing communications between internal business analysts, database administrators and developers ensured a successful project. Agile methodology was utilized for these systems.
- Supplemented backend coding for an intranet for the New York Compensation Insurance Review Board.
- Software utilized on these projects included c , Microsoft Project, XML, PHP, ASP, SQL Server 7, MYSQL, VB, VBScript, Java, FTP, Oracle, and Access.
Windows Developer/Business Analyst
Accountable for the creation and development of a windows based C .net system Access back end to track 200 special education students' information. This system maximized NY State reimbursements for education costs
Windows Developer/Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Responsible for the development of a global system to track exceptional clients for Onboarding/Anti-Money Laundering AML . This system ensures that new and existing clients will not pose a risk to the bank. All clients that do not fit the norm are tracked to insure that they are in compliance will all laws and that the risk of money laundering and terrorist funding is low. This system was developed in C , SQL Server and MS Reporting Services for 100 users.
- As project manager, weekly meetings assured communications between all stake holders, the DB group and IT. Formal SDLC and project management procedures were followed, including statement of work, work breakdown structure, risk management, QA, UAT, implementation, training, documentation and closure. There were approximately 8 people involved in the development phase.
Managed and developed 3 systems for the sales division:
- An intranet alert system which allows users to receive email alerts based upon individual options. This allows sales people to track specific customers or products that are above or below desired expectation levels. This system was developed in VB, Java, JSP, Essbase, Oracle, Excel and Weblogic for 20 users.
- A management reporting system using Business Objects to track Pfizer drugs versus their competitors.
- A windows based system which helps quantify sales people's progress. This system is used to determine employee compensation based upon corporate goals. It was developed in Access and VBA. Each sales person has the system on their individual computer. At monthly intervals, the sales people 15 en users synchronize their machines with the server, and pass data to the central database at headquarters for consolidation.
- Led analysis, design and implementation of a worldwide human resource information system using client/server technology PowerBuilder . ERwin was used for database implementation with Sybase as the back end. This system included reports salary analysis, data maintenance and the salary increase process. Security played an important role due to the sensitivity of the data. In addition, an ad hoc report writer was created to allow end users to create their own reports and import them to other software. Install Builder was used for user distribution
- Researched different software products to determine the best software to use for their upcoming client server project. A comparison was made between PowerBuilder 4.0, Visual Basic and Focus. . Information was gathered via computer journals, Internet and white paper documents. The evaluation was based upon database functions, reliability, software connectivity, cost and track records