Senior Devops Engineer Resume
- Over 8+ years of IT Industrial experience dealing with various DevOps tools involving in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Cloud Migration, Containerization techniques and other dev operations.
- Expertise in infrastructure development on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform services stack including Elastic Cloud Compute EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling.
- Expert in implementation of Azure Cloud services including ARM templates, Azure virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto - Scaling.
- Experience in designing Azure virtual machines (VMs) and VM architecture for IaaS and PaaS; understand availability sets, fault domains and update domains in Azure.
- Proficient in creating S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized them and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS.
- Have knowledge on partition of Kafka messages and setting up the replication factors in Kafka Cluster.
- Delivered significant business value by stabilizing the existing GM CQ 5.4 environment and led the effort to upgrade to AEM 6.2.
- Engineering of efficient distributed caching solutions that improve performance (Pivotal Gemfire, Redis, HazelCast).
- Worked on Big Data Integration & Analytics based on Hadoop, SOLR, Spark, Kafka, Storm, and web Methods.
- Experience in designing aTerraformand deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks,Compute Enginesin public and private subnets along withAutoScalerinGoogle Cloud Platform.
- Utilized AWS Elastic Beanstalk for illustrating and scaling web applications and created with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on different environments for servers like Apache.
- Strong knowledge and worked on several Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers, Designed ARM templates for Azure Platform. Utilized Azure services like compute, blobs, ADF, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud services and ARM and utilities focusing on Automation
- Experience configuring continuous integration (CI) from source control, setting up build definition within Azure Devops (VSTS) as well as configuring continuous delivery to automate the deployment of web applications and Webjobs to Azure Webapps
- Hands on Experience in creating DevOps strategy as implementing Continuous Integration of code with Jenkins from Source code repositories like GIT, SVN, IBM Clear case.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins for automated builds with the help of build tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle.
- Experience in integrating Unit tests and code Quality Analysis tools like Junit.
- Experience in using Nexus, Antifactory and Frog Repository Managers for Maven and ANT builds.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible to achieve continuous integration/continuous delivery of the product.
- Defined Chef Server and workstation to handle nodes and configure nodes, written recipes in Ruby.
- Well versed with Installing and configuring an automated tool Puppet that includes the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev Servers.
- Created micro services using REST protocol with Docker and Kubernetes, Utilized Mesos, Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Worked with Docker Trusted Registry as a repository for our Docker images and worked with Docker container networks.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Dynatrace,Datadog. And worked with Apache Kafka and Zookeeper.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality inTerraform.
- Experienced with Atlassian stack from an operations and engineering perspective.
- Created alarms and triggers using Cloud Watch based on thresholds, Utilized Nagios and Splunk and ELK, New Relicfor monitoring, also utilized Kibana and Grafana as visualization tools.
- Good Knowledge about SonarQube in Implementing multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss application servers in LINUX/Unix/Windows environment.
- Responsible for developing Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured is to host the wiki Websites.
- Experienced in deploying Database changes to Oracle, MS SQL Server, MY SQL Data base.
- Proficient in OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, TCP, ARP, UDP, TFTP, FTP AND SMTP).
- Worked on various bug tracking tools like HP Quality Center, JIRA.
- Extensive involvement in LINUX/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting on RHEL.
- Experience in working with agile development team and at all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and managed project with the help CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment).
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu, Centos
Infrastructure as A service: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, Rackspace, Google cloud
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, GitLab, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Team City, MS Build
Application/Web Servers: Oracle Web logic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g BEA WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPN, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Services, Glacier, Elastic beanstalk, Cloud Front, Relational Database, Dynamo DB, Virtual Private Cloud, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Identity and Access Management(IAM), EMR, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Lambda.
Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Python, HTML
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Rackspace, Open stack, Kubernetes
Logging & Monitoring Tools: App Dynamics, New Relic, Splunk, Log stash, Nagios, Datadog, New Relic
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Mongo DB, MySQL, RDS
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, GitHub, TFS, BitBucket
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, NFS.
Issue Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Involved in various aspects and phases of architecting, designing, and implementing solutions in IT infrastructure with emphasis on Azure cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Worked as a Solutions Consultant, responsible to be primary SME on Azure services including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions and tasks for ongoing migration efforts.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings and security policies and routing.
- Created Azure services using ARM templates (JSON) and ensured no changes in the present infrastructure while doing incremental deployment.
- Developed and maintained clustered environment for Bitbucket and Artifactory.
- Configured Applications logs & performance using Splunk, Datadog, Nagios & AppDynamics.
- Well versed in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines which Integrates build, test, deploy solution.
- Deployed thebuildartifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to thebuildlife cycle.
- Experience in Virtualization tools like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Experience in providing highly available and fault tolerant applications utilizing orchestration technologies likeKubernetes and Apache MesosonGoogle Cloud Platform.
- Engineering of efficient distributed caching solutions that improve performance (Pivotal Gemfire, Redis, HazelCast).
- Automated deployment of application using deployment tool (Ansible). Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Created CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks. Also have experience on implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies and created END-END Automation with CI Procedures using Jenkins & automated Maven builds by integrating them with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins & GitLab. Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes.
- Used Azure API Management (APIM) to deploy and configure Azure API gateway with Json Web Tokens (JWT) and JWT Claims for securing microservices deployed on Azure.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writingAnsible scripts.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform, Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management and created Ansible Playbooks, tasks and roles to automate system operations.
- Worked on container-based technologies like Docker andKubernetes. Kubernetesis being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs andKubernetesdeploy and services.
- Created Python and Bash scripts to monitor & increase efficiency of retail management application system and installs which was carried out by Jenkins.
- UsedKubernetesfor creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps and deployments.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed toKubernetes, Created Pods and managed usingKubernetes.
- Developed RESTful API's, which takes in an HTTP request and produces the HTTP response in JSON Format using microservices. Server monitoring using Splunk, created custom Splunk, dashboards, and reports to reduce user requests.
- Working on several JFrog tools like Artifactory, Mission control, Distribution, X-ray.
- Implemented artifact deployment solution using JFrog Artifactory integrated with Jenkins pipeline for the deployment of artifacts and packages, application dependencies (NPM, RPM, NuGet, JAR’s, WAR’s)
- Working with several Atlassian tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible.
- Handling escalated support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS platform.
Environment: Azure, IAM, Azure Devops, API Gateway, Auto scaling, RDS, Terraform, Azure Active Directory, ANT, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, WebSphere, JSON, Bash, Python, Ruby, Linux, Bitbucket, JIRA, Datadog.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications using the AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Implemented Kafka producer and consumer applications on Kafka cluster setup with help of Zookeeper.
- Used Spring Kafka API calls to process the messages smoothly on Kafka Cluster setup.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile Scrum operations and tools area (Build & Release Automation, Environment service).
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Closely worked with Kafka Admin team to set up Kafka cluster setup on the QA and Production environments.
- Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through pre-boot and bootstrapping techniques
- Utilized Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Worked on Kibana and Elastic search to identify the Kafka message failure scenarios.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Worked on Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms. Used Jenkins pipeline plugin to analyze the Maven dependencies and the SCM changes
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and dev-environments needs, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like, Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- Created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure, Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Handled large scale RDBMS migration through RedShift, used Multi - AZ Deployment in RDS to enable High Availability and Automatic Failover at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
- Developed Python based API (RESTful Web Service) to track sales and perform sales analysis using Flask and PostgreSQL.
- Worked on setting up the Chef repo, Chef workstations and Chef nodes. Developed Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage deployments, wrote Ansible Playbooks in YAML.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Expertise in Troubleshooting build issues using Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana(ELK) with Logspout.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/LINUX Servers and setting up UNIX/LINUX environments for various Servers.
- Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Integrated application logs and setup triggered monitors and alerts on Data Dog agent Monitoring tool
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool, Nagios & Graphite for System monitoring, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trial for monitoring the cloud environment.
- Working on GIT for data integrity.
Environment: AWS EC2, IAM, S3, AWS Cloud Watch, Route 53, ELB, VPC, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Auto scaling, EBS, RDS, Terraform, ELK, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, JIRA, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, JSON, Bash, Python, Ruby, Linux, LAMP, Nagios, Maven, Shell, Perl
- Designed the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation.
- Handled storage over cloud with EBS and S3 policies, performed capacity planning and designing, OS upgrades and hardware refresh.
- Worked with DevOps platform team and was responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for cloud automation. Implementing Change requests for server configuration, software installation.
- Managing Linux VMs using puppet as per project requirements.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Installation and Upgradation of packages and patches, Configuration management, Version Control, Service packs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and reviewing Security constraints.
- Monitored and managed various DEV, QA, PREPROD, PROD environments for production and deployment activities. Identified cross functional dependencies through monitoring and tracking release milestones.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment solutions to target environments. Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Docker for Continuous Integration and end to end automation of all build and deployments, also have good knowledge on XL deploy and Code Deploy as release automation solution.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Automating the installation of software’s through power Shell scripts.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Wrote Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Familiar with Open
- Stack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud. integrating it with Chef.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Developed Splunk infrastructure and related solutions as per automation toolsets.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk, also utilized NewRelicfor monitoring.
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platform (PaaS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server and Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage. Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS).
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 to SQL Azure.
- Migrating Services from On-premise to Azure Cloud Environments. Collaborate with development and QA teams to maintain high-quality deployment
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Administered TFS for .NET applications. Worked with deployment of .NET batch applications which processes high volumes of data.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar, Maven, ANT.
- Performed parallel build for .NET application which will automatically decides which of the projects in the generated build list can be built independently.
- Used JIRA as a change Management/Work Management/SCRUM Agile tool.
- Configured Nagios to monitor servers with Chef automation.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM / Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Subversion, CVS, Chef, Azure, LINUX, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, DB2, LDAP, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Nagios, JIRA.
- Performed Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments. Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and nonproduction environments using Jenkins & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, Maven.
- Integrated Jenkins with uDeploy and Created uDeploy Components, uDeploy process, installed uDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Setup the Chef servers, Chef workstations, Chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef nodes.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment.
- Set up the LINUX Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Setup the GIT synchronization for Django (Python based web framework) based applications.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes