Build & Release Engineer, Websphere Admin Resume
Little Rock, AR
- 7+ years of experience as a WebSphere Admin, Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environments.
- Extensive experience using ANT, MAVEN, Make and Cmake as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar/war/ear files and debian packages) from source code.
- Experience in working on source control tools like Subversion, CVS and Perforce.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with System Engineers, QA, business and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployments.
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management, Change & Release Management and ITIL process.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing of the projects.
- Experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large - scale Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Worked on documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience in querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) architecture
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: Windows98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008/7 , UNIX, LINUX
Versioning Tools: Subversion, CVS, Perforce
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Make, Cmake
Languages/Scripting: C, Shell scripting, SQL, Java, C#, PL/SQL
Web/App servers: Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
Build & Release Engineer, WebSphere Admin
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168 and IBM HTTP WebServer
- Installed Jenkins and related Plugins
- Installed JBoss fuse ESB
- Worked on JBoss fuse ESB deployments & troubleshoot issues on Dev, TEST, TRN, UAT, TFP, PROD environments.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Administration and maintenance of WebSphere Application server8.0x, IHS and JBOSS Fuse ESB.
- Develop and maintain configuration manuals, procedure manuals and standards for WebSphere & IBM Http Servers.
- Involved in setting up a new TEST and Pre Prod environment by creating and managing the Nodes, Application Servers, and Clusters for Load Balancing and Fail Over.
- Did hot deployments without having to shut down the application using Network Deployment Manager.
- Worked with Security team for possible security threats to WebSphere Platform and configured Web servers to their recommendations
- Performed WebSphere configuration, backup and restoration tasks (by using backupConfig, restoreConfig commands etc.)
- Established and executed the build processes for multiple projects.
- Assisted developers in the branching and merging strategies of source code using Subversion
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process
- Installed Architect Suite products (Content, Notify, Audit) on WebSphere Application Server 22.214.171.124
- Involved on Deployments & troubleshoot issues on Architect Suite Servers.
- Support Client in everyday tasks by checking applications, Applications Servers, Fuse ESB Servers, IHS Servers are up & running, Monitoring connective Issues, communication issues between fuse ESB & Curam Servers.
- Created PMR for Product related Issues with IBM.
- On-call support (24x7), Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
Environment: ANT, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, AIX 5.3, Windows 2007, WebSphere 126.96.36.199, Jira, SVN, SoapUI, JAVA.
Confidential, South San Francisco, CA
WebSphere Admin, Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for configuration, installation and administration of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 and IBM HTTP Server on Linux.
- Installed Fix Packs, eFixes and cumulative Fixes to the existing infrastructure and new environment.
- Created profiles using Profile Creating Wizard and silent profile creation.
- Deploy applications (EAR) to WebSphere Application Servers and maintained applications.
- Provide support for the entire cycle of application testing including building applications, deploying, and trouble shooting.
- Administration of IBM HTTP Server from WebSphere Admin Console.
- Established and executed the build processes for multiple projects
- Worked with various development teams for building and deploying Java, Perl and C++ applications, and with Linux network administrators to set up Virtual Machines for builds
- Participated in agile meetings with onsite and offshore development teams to discuss the build processes and provided regular updates and suggestions for improving the existing processes
- Assisted developers in the branching and merging strategies of source code using Subversion
- Used shell scripts for automation of the build and release process
- Used ANT for building Java applications and Make and Cmake for building C++ /Perl applications
- Deployed the build packages on cloud providing Continuous Integration
- Configured build environments on Linux machines for building and packaging applications
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Created Environment with the help of JACL scripts.
- Installing and configuring WebSphere and installing plug-in and configuring with IBM HTTP Server.
- Monitored for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer.
- Developed automated scripts to handle everyday System Administration tasks.
- Worked in SOA and implemented web services in WebSphere using Service Bus.
- Problem determination using local error logs and by running user traces and service traces.
- Worked closely with IBM on problem determination and resolution.
- Supporting QA/UAT, Beta and Production environments.
- Performed root-cause analysis for Production outages and provided management with root-cause analysis report.
- Providing 24/7 support in troubleshooting problems related to WebSphere applications.
- Worked closely with Project manager, development, testing and production team to align project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns
Environment: ANT, Make, Cmake, Subversion, Hudson, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Perl, C++, Shell Scripting, XML, Linux, Windows XP
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
WebSphere Admin, Build & Release Engineer
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application server 5.0/5.1/6.x on Sun Solaris.
- Installed fix packs to overcome WAS problems and installed Sun One Web Server.
- Deployed enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere Application server 5.1/6.x.
- Configured response file for silent install of WebSphere Base and ND
- Implemented the Clustering Topology that meets client’s High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Experience in Setting up of Nodes, Data Sources, Virtual Hosts, including planning installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server.
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosts, Global Security, SSL, and LDAP.
- Configured Sun One Web Server for SSL for communication between Plug-in and Application server.
- Installation and configuration of WebSphere plug-in for IBM HTTP Server, IIS and Sun ONE Web Server and managing the plug-in files on webservers.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stake holders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with their leases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN.
- Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Used SQL queries to check the data integrity on an Oracle database.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Tortoise SVN 1.6, 1.7, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Web Sphere, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle10g, 11g, JIRA
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
WebSphere Admin, Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0.2.x/5.1.1.x/ on Linux and Windows 2003 server.
- Installed and configured IBM HTTP Server 2.0.42/2.0.47 on UNIX and Windows machines
- Hands on experience on WebSphere Application server 6.0
- Experience in Clustering, Performance tuning and trouble shooting of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/5.1/6.0
- Deployed enterprise applications on Application Servers and maintained applications.
- Migrated WAS from 5.1.x.x to 6.0 in development, test and production environments.
- Established appropriate environment and project lifecycle for Development, Testing and Deployment on WebSphere 5.x.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption
- Configured WebSphere MQ queue destinations, MQ queue Connection factories and message listeners for the JVMs.
- Generated http plug-in config and moved it the web servers.
- Configured Workload Management (WLM) using clusters and server groups.
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated he build and release management processing including monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like WebSphere.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Used the continuous integration tools Jenkins and Anthill Proto automate the daily processes.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Environment: Subversion, Jenkins Anthill pro, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Shell scripts.
Build & Release Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments
- Coordinated there sources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Used Ant and Maven scripts to automate the build process.
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Coordinated Instance Refreshes and Environment Re-base lining.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning release.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Worked with many teams of strength more than 30 and managed 2 release/build engineers.
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner
Environment: Subversion, Clear Case, Hudson, Java/J2EE, JDK, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows Server 2003 Windows XP, HP Quality Center.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes