A dedicated professional with more than 16 years of web content, UI/UX design and development experience as well as more than 5 years of EPP electronic pre-press and graphic design expertise. Goal oriented and an excellent communicator, possess the motivational and interpersonal skills necessary for effective leadership in a team environment.
Areas of Expertise
- Out of over 1000 entries, my personal website ranked in the top 25 websites selected during a nationwide, college web page design contest.
- Increased department efficiency by initiating training for new and existing employees, and reduced customer complaints through improved methods of tracking project progress.
- Created standardized Computer Based Training CBT documents and designs for the Army Medical Corp trainees facilitating increased productivity and compliance with standards.
- Kept up with fast moving developments in the area of web development by continually taking advantage of training opportunities as they were offered or available as well as continually seeking knowledge on my own.
- Website creation / maintenance / promotion includes experience with setting up shopping carts, website analytics, and social media pages.
- Developed and implement websites using prefabbed templates well below budget and deadline.
- Estimated budgets for web sites development.
- Met and dealt with clients on regular basic before, during, and after development of website.
- Maintained and provided support for multiple websites on a daily basis.
- Implemented website redesign using BroadVision and Drupal Content Management Systems CMS .
- Set up shopping cart using a merchant account and integration with QuickBooks.
- Exercised crisis customer service, and communicated with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for digital page preparation and all aspects of film output including checking film for proper registration, emulsion, and color, executing film tack up and stripping, creating deluxe blueline proofs, matchprints, Kodak approval color proofs, and Iris inkjet color proofs, carryied out final quality assurance checks, and oversaw proper material organization prior to plate exposure.
- Built newspaper ads, brochures, newsletters, business cards, political cartoons, sport programs, under strict deadlines with high quality assurance.
- Designed and developed websites with compliance to industry standards and cross-browsers efficiency according to customer's requirements in a timely manner. This also included photo manipulation, logo design, creation of UI/GUI to fit customer's needs, and developing a navigational system for websites to accommodate customer's requirements.
- Cartoonist for the Flathead Publishing Corporation 2006
- Freelance Web Designer 2000
- Web Designer, Methodist Hospital contract 2008 2008
- Web Developer/Graphic Artist/Production Artist, Surya Unlimited, Inc. 2006 2007
- Employment History continued
- Graphic Artist, Whitefish Pilot 2005 2006
- Web Developer, Lower Colorado River Authority LCRA 1999 2004
- Web Developer, Advance Development Group 1998 1999
- Production Staff, Quad Graphics 1996 1998
- Production Staff, The Home Magazine: ASAP Graphics 1991 1996
- Graphic Designer, ISH Systems, Incorporated 1991 1995
Hardware and Software Proficiencies:
- Windows IIS Server Windows XP CSS3 XHTML/DHTML MacOSX Windows7
- BroadVision CMS Drupal WordPress Visual Studio
- References Available upon Request