- More than 8+ yearsof experience in Development, Application support, up-gradation& testing in different domains like TELECOM, RETAIL, PHARMA (Retail).
- Has a good experience working at both onsite & offshore acting as a liaison between different stake holders and successfully coordinating project activities towards achieving business objectives.
- Worked on cross platform applications simultaneously and has a good knowledge in total entire SDLC.
- Main area of experience has been Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Impact Analysis and Effort Estimation, System Analysis & System Design, Development, Monitoring, Application & Production Support
- End to end functional knowledge of different domains, TELECOM & CABLE Billing, Retail, Pharma (Retail), Supply chain management.
- Strong Analytical abilities with excellent knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle, DB2, C, Pro C, MS-BI and PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and worked on data migrations and query optimizations
- Worked on database design and data modeling.
- Worked on automation of regular tasks using Shell scripting, batch programming.
- Result oriented approach with strong analytical abilities for business support
- Conducted trainings for business partners and Technical courses on UNIX and Shell scripting.
- Has knowledge in automating the daily jobs using Shell scripting and Scheduling in CRON
- Knowledge of Quality processes, Change management and defect management (ITIL process)
- Familiar with different change management and defect management tools like Service center, Remedy, Chameleon, Share Point.
- Familiar in using QTP to store and validate test results.
- Self-motivated and enjoy working in a technically challenging environment. Have excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
Databases: Oracle11x/10g, DB2 UDB,MS SQL Server2008/2005, MSAccess 2003/2000/97.
Programming: C, C++, Pro C, Visual Basic, Unix Shell Scripting,SQL, and PL/SQL
Other Tools: CQ5, MS-BI (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), COGNOS, Exceed -Humming Bird, Putty, TOAD, share point, Service Center, Remedy, SQL Loader, Data view 7.3
Environment: Windows XP/2000/98, UNIX (AIX), MS-DOS
Role:Environment &Application Support Lead
- As Environment &Application Support Lead, providea testing environment for users and support them by providing healthy environment for testing across many interfaces and track the orders in different systems involved in program execution through supply chain management.
- Provide support to users in using required equipment like MX880 SIGCAP devices, KVM, LRT, POS Registers, Printers and M20-scanners in placing and fulfilling the orders in STERLING & GENESIS.
- Coordinate with different stake holders to get list of servers and end point URL’s for an environment setup
- Maintain Release calendar of applications on different environments
- Track the orders in all systems involved in an environment and support users with logs
- Maintain the health & latest code base on UNIX boxes assigned to an environments
- Printer Maintenance and print queue maintenance on store box, ZEBRA printer maintenance
- Perform card test& analyze logs to understand the error in communication of different cards like Credit, Debit, Gift and Lowes cards
- Maintain Incident management and change management process for issues reported and all changes requested.
- Written UNIX shell Scripts for automation of post configurations setup on the box after rebuild, Check the user existence on the box & US Box to CANADA box.
- Document the process and environment details in sharepoint.
Environment:UNIX (AIX), DB2, GENESIS, STERLING, Kitchen Cabinet Design PC, Manager PC, SCO Machine, M20/20 Scanners, LRT, Scanner, SIGCAP (MX880 & MX995) devices, Registers and Thin clients.
Confidential , NC
Role:Production support Lead (Web Hosting Team)
- As a production support lead of webhosting team, maintain all websites of GSK owned products like sensodyne, Horlicks etc.
- Hosting the websites on web sphere and windows
- Extensively worked on different migration projectslike NETAPP migration in both windows and UNIX.
- Handle the requests for site redirections.
- Handle the issues reported in the websites which are hosted on web sphere on logs
- As application support L2 lead, perform the content authoring using CQ5 for websites owned by GSK.
- User maintenance on the CQ5
- Monitor the status of all websites using BMC tool.
- Co-ordinate with offshore about project activities and status of all tickets.
- Written shell scripts for checking the mail server load in the servers
Environment:UNIX (AIX), CQ5, WINDOWS NT, TOAD, BMC, REMEDY, CHAMELEON, WebSphere, NETAPP,
Role:LDW APP Support Team Lead
- As part of application support team, supported many applications and jobs which loads retail data of Pfizer products in Local data ware house (LDW) from European data ware house (EDW)
- Worked on automation of few jobs which load retails data in Italy, Spain, Belgium and Sweden.
- Worked on cross checking the data in reports with data in data ware house by writing fetch queries from TERADATA.
- Worked on analyzing of COGNOS cubes, SSAS in case of data mismatch with reports
- As a team lead, lead the team size of 8, integrating and helping the associates in the work or jobs assigned.
- Worked on COGNOS administration like user management.
- Worked on reducing unplanned work in the project by automating and scheduling the jobs properly without any overlap and work assignment to team.
- Extensively worked with daily reports, weekly reports of loads (Daily, weekly and monthly) to share the status of each and every load to end user.
- Worked on analyzing the steps Integration services (SSIS and SSAS) in case of error reported in job execution.
- Worked with clients in understanding the jobs and business logic used to bring the applications in to steady state.
Environment: Batch programming, TERADATA, Oracle, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, COGNOS, DATAVIEW 7.3, SQL LOADER, TOAD, Share point, Service Centre .Confidential
Role: Release Engineer, Tester, Developer, Maintenance Team Lead
- As Release Engineer, Worked on moving the latest code fixes and releases in to CVS production after compilation in to CVS (tip), on weekly and monthly basis so that new release or path can be tested by tester.
- Extensively worked on creating branches in CVS, TCVS (tortoise CVS – windows version), merging with tip based on the requirement from users.
- As Tester, prepared Unit test plans, Regression test plans and System integration test plans to check the functionality of the product (InTeleCable) before major releases using QTP.
- Executed the test plans to raise defects if any.
- As Developer, Worked on roll forwarding of changes from older version in to new version which are missed in the CVS when merging is executed.
- Also worked in many different development projects like credit card testing, Intelecable version 6.0 releases.
- As developer worked on C programming with Pro C to execute the SQL queries on Oracle for database updates, designed the user interface for the product which reads the card details.
- As developer debug the core files and debug the source code when fixing the incident raised by user.
- Worked on encryption logic (AES-256 algorithm) used when card details are sent to gateway server.
- As a Team member in Maintenance & Development teams , worked on major enhancements, different type of incidents and change requests based on the priority without missing SLA’s
- As onsite coordinator, worked with team size of 25 members involved in guiding the team towards solution of the incidents, acting as liaison between client and offshore for maintenance team
- As Maintenance team lead, mentored team members in all maintenance activities, lead a team size of 5 people in completing the enhancements to product (ITC) by meeting the SLA in all phases.
Environment:UNIX (AIX), C, Pro C, Oracle, CVS, TCVS, QTP, Shell scripting, Service Centre, TOAD, Humming Bird Exceed, Putty, EMacs editor.