Team Lead/Architect/Web/PowerBuilder Developer/iOS Architect with 14 + years of experience in the IT industry in India, Australia, and the United States. Recent professional work experience/skills include the analysis, design and development using PowerBuilder, rational technologies in a Client/Server environment, Real Time Systems like Fixed Income Securities Trading, experience in PowerBuilder technologies in logistics and deriving EOD/OLTP processes for generating balance sheets, and implementation of Healthcare Solutions for USA ClientsTECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
Hardware platforms Pentium processor based machines, HP 9000, AS/400
Operating Systems Linux, UNIX, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 7x, Windows 2000, Solaris
Content Management Systems Liferay 6.0,Websphere Portal 7.0
Software tools PowerBuilder 12.5,iPhone/iPad/iOs Development, Mule 2.x ESB,Hibernate, XHTML/DHTML, EJB, JDBC, Struts1x/2.x, JSF, Spring, CVS, Groovy, Java Script, Query, PL/SQL, Web logic 9.2, Websphere, Portal, Tomcat 5x, Rational Rose UML, Visio, Ajax, RMI, Quartz API, Java Multithreading, DHTML, Jboss 4.x, Eclipse, Rational Application Developer, IntelliJ, Ant, JSTL, JUnit, CSS Subversion, BugZilla, Mercury Test Director, XML, SOAP, WSDL, Apache ,XSLT, RAD, XSD, UDDI, Axis, XHTML,JAX - WS, Web 2.0,GWT, JSR-168/286 Portlet,AWT/Swing
Software J2EE, Java SE 6, Java Servlets, JDBC, JDK 1.5, Oracle 10g, Oracle ADF, Oracle Fusion, DB2 Sybase 11, MySQL, Informix, SQL Server, TOAD, JProbe,
Developer 2000 (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5), C/C++, Lombardi BPM, Kondor, RPG/400, CL/400, DOJO
Methodologies Used Rational Unified Process, Agile/Scrum (Confluence/JIRA), Dynamic Systems Development Methodologies.
Protocols Used FTP, HTTP, SOAP, TCP/IP, HTTPS
Effort Estimation Techniques Function Point Analysis
Infrastructure Methodologies Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Sr iOS Developer/PowerBuilder//Architect
Application: Common View - Insurance
Environment: Powerbuilder 12.5,Appeon Mobile,.NET,IIS,SQL Server 2012,T-SQL,Control-M,IOS SDK,Mobile Development
- Data Connectivity
- Transaction Management
- Mobile Data Security
- Native App Provisioning
- Offline App Access
- Failover Clustering
- Menu Creation
- Toolbar Creation
- Tree views
- Master Child Forms
- List views
- Matrix Report Creation
- Connectivity to Stored Procedures
Application: Fixed Income - Municipal Bonds
For using iPhone/iPad native app do the following:
- Go to Appstore and download Appeon Workspace( need iOS 5 or higher )
- Once Downloaded then go in the workspace
- Click on (+)
- It will ask for app name and url
- In app name type fixo
- In url type http:// 18.104.22.168/ fixo
- Go back then the native app starts downloading
- Once Downloading is complete then click on the app fixo and you will be ready to go
- Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office
- Primary Market
- Auctions, Registration, Application
- Secondary Market
- Revenue Bonds
- General Obligation Bonds,Airport Revenue Bonds,Hospital Revenue,Single Family Mortgage,Multi-Family Revenue,Industrial Development And Pollution Control,Public Power, ,Resource Recovery,Seaport,Sewer Revenue,Sports Complex and Convention,Toll Road and Gas,Water Revenue,College and University,Dedicated Tax Backed,Structured Asset Backed
- Hybrid Bonds
- Insured,Lease Backed,Letter Of Credit Backed,Life Care Revenue,Moral Obligation
Municipal Utility District,Tax Allocation,Troubled City Bailout,
- Coupon Generation
- Generation of Balance Sheets
- NAV Calculations
- Bond Pricing
This project was a real time-oltp project where the stored procedure for calculation of accounts variables and NAV was tested on Quartz API whose thread ran every minute for the updating of current position of the bond.Confidential, Australia
Application: Field Survey Management System
Environment: Java 6, JAX-WS ,Spring 2.5(IOC),Hibernate, Test Driven Development(JMock/JUnit), XML, Spring MVC, XMLSpy ,Eclipse,Subversion,Weblogic 11g,TOAD,Hudson,Maven,JQuery,XHTML,CSS3
- Was involved in customization using Spring MVC Framework
- Used Spring IOC Container
- Involved in creating Hibernate Objects
- Oracle SQL
- Web Services JAX WS(top down/bottom up)
- Managing Lazy Loading in Hibernate
- Relationships across objects
- 2nd Level Caching in Hibernate
- Performed Continues Integration using Hudson
This project was meant to develop the Field Survey Management system for their existing
Radio Communication Infrastructure.Confidential, Australia
Application: API Integration (http://developer.telstra.com)
Environment: Java 6 , JAX-WS ,Oracle ADF, XML, WSDL, XMLSpy ,Eclipse,Netbeans 6.8,Subversion,Tomcat 6.0,Liferay 6.0,HTML,CSS,Themes,JQuery,XHTML/CSS3,Test Driven Development, Agile/Scrum
- Was involved in creation of Web Service Clients
- Was involved in API integration for their Portal for various business operations.
- Was involved in using the wsimport and wsgen utility for creation of web services.
- Was involved in creation of use cases.
- Was involved in setup of Liferay 6.0 and development using Liferay IDE in Eclipse
- Ws-security using SAML
- This project was made to integrate API’s from various businesses through JAX –WS.
Sr Power Builder Developer/Architect
Application: Product Development Group
Environment: Powerbuilder 10,Appeon 6.5,.NET,IIS,SQL Server 2008, 10g,PL-SQL,IOS SDK,Mobile Development
- Worked on User Objects
- Coding practice of Direct Access Method
- OOPS concepts using PB
- Worked on various types of Windows
- Strong in Powerscript
- Create .EXE file and PBD files
- Worked on various Buffers for Datawindows
Project Description: It was a product for Issue Tracking System which was sold across Asian markets
Application: Personnel Information System
Environment: Powerbuilder 10, Appeon 6.5, .NET, IIS, Sybase SQL anywhere, I-SQL, IOS SDK, Mobile Development
- Developed MDI Applications
- Worked on All types of Datawindows
- Knowledge of .ini files for connecting to databases
- Transaction Management
- Powerbuilder Foundation Classes Development
- Web Development using Appeon 6.5 for migration from PB to .NET as well as J2EE
- Working with structures
Project Description: It was an HRMS application product with modules related to Payroll, Superannuation and Income Tax
- Middleware development using Spring, Spring jDBC
- Was involved in development of modules like Leave Management, Transfers, Hires, Generation of Payslips, Timesheet Management, Bonuses, Variable Rewards and Workflow Management. Also involved in creation of Reports.
- Was involved in enhancement of Single Sign on Module
- Agile/Scrum Model
- Iterative Development
- JUnit/JMock Testing
Application: Optus ZOO Fixed Portal
Environment: Java 6, Oracle PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB 3, Tomcat 5.5, Jboss 4.2, Agile, Rational Rose, UML/OOAD, Eclipse, SOAP, Service Oriented Architecture, Liferay 6.0,Webservices,JQuery
- Was involved in writing hibernate objects and business services using spring.
- In Hibernate, was involved in handling inheritance features like class/sub class and concrete class per table.
- Was also involved in using the Optimistic and Pessimistic Locking Clustered rows locking for select, update and insert features of Hibernate.
- Named queries were also used in some instances for accessing the stored procedures in Oracle for impacting the billing module. Migrated from Tomcat to Jboss.
- JUnit framework was used for creating test cases.
- Within the JUnit framework asserts were used to compare the objects returned by the responses within DTO’s.
- The project was meant to provide Analytics solution to Optus
Application: Funds Management
Environment: Java 5, SQL Server, J2EE, Weblogic App. Server, Struts, Ajax, Hibernate 3.0, Jacada, JSTL, UML, Weblogic Workshop, SOAP, CSS, HTML, GWT
- I was involved in UML modeling and Systems Architecture using Visio and development in Java/J2EE/Struts/Hibernate/Weblogic 8.1/SQL Server.
- Was also involved in accessing data across the Web Services by using WSDL and JAX-RPC
- This project was meant to integrate the superannuation legacy systems developed in Cobol and Mainframe through Java JAX-WS web services
Application: Equity and Forex Trading
Environment: PowerBuilder 10, Sybase, SQ Server, Stored Procedures, I SQL, T-SQL
Contribution: Was involved in leading a team of 4 people designing patterns and systems design using RUP. I was also involved in Java Multi Threaded Programming, Shell Scripting in UNIX, and in data migration from mySQL to Oracle.
- Performed Systems Analysis and design
- Preparation of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams,
- Object Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams
- Created ant scripts for deployment.
- Creation of javadocs for the project technical documentation.
- Project Planning
- Task Allocation
Project Description: Primary Market, Secondary Market, Maintenance of Auctions and Bids, Primary Applications, Primary Allotments, Settlements, Deliveries Swap Deals, Security Deals, Outright Deals, Forward Rate Agreement Deal Caps Deals, Collar Deals, Floor Deals, ICD Deals, Arbitrage Deals, Risk Management, Limits, Fixed Income, Corporate Actions, FIX Protocol , Inter Bank Deals, Cash ,Tom ,SpotConfidential, India
Application: Personnel Information System
Contribution: I was involved in leading a team of around 8 people. I was involved in the development of the system and data modeling using Rational Rose. Following were the roles I was involved using the RUP process:
- Preparation of System Requirement Specification.
- Preparation of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Object Diagrams, Class Diagrams.
- Preparation of Collaboration Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams.
- Prototyping of the Presentation Layer.
- SRS Preparation and Sign Off from the Client.
- Writing Stored Procedures in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Effort Estimation using Function Point Analysis.
- Performing Code Reviews
- Mentoring Team
- Creating Work Breakdown Structure
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
This project was developed for Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation. It involved modules like Employee Appointment, Induction Training, Initial Posting, Promotion Orders, Suspension Orders, Confidential Report, Transfers, Default, Court Cases, Leave Maintenance, Additional Charge, Interchangeability of Posts, Recategorization of Posts, Payroll, Advances, Income Tax Calculation, Provident Fund, Transfers and also link to Accounts involving Cash Book, Bank Book, Journal Entries, Bank Remittance, Main Ledger, Trial Balance and Pricing Overhead Register.
Environment: PowerBuilder 9, Oracle 10g, PL-SQl, Rational Rose, Systems Analysis and ArchitectureConfidential, India
Sr Programmer Analyst
Application: Health Care
- Was involved in creation of Libraries in PowerBuilder
- Used OCX
- Used PowerBuilder Foundation Classes extensively
- Connected to multiple datasources in one application
- Created various reports 2d as well as 3d matrices
- Used Structures
- Used global functions
- Used the PowerBuilder debugger extensively
- Was involved in creation of test cases
- Used 3NF Normal form
Environment: PowerBuilder 6, Oracle 8i, PL /SQL, SQL Server
- The project was meant to automate the inventory and healthcare program management
Application: Investor Services System
- Was involved in the development of the system using Entity Beans and Session Beans.
- Used the Java Messaging Service for calling asynchronously to the messaging system thereby passing the messages across the user.
- Was involved in migrating the application from mySQL to Oracle.
- The project was meant to automate the Mutual Funds Investor Services System
Environment: PowerBuilder 6, Oracle 8i, PL /SQL, SQL ServerConfidential, India
Sr PowerBuilder Programmer
Application: Wealth Management and Forex Trading
- Involved in Development of System using PFC’s in PowerBuilder and Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers in Oracle, DB2 and Sybase.
- Was involved in creating user objects using C++.
- Involved in development of EJB Components using Weblogic 6.1.
- Involved in coding and implementation.
- Respond to technical support calls/email/internet requests meeting required service levels.
- Research and recreate technical issues.
- Test and document final problem resolutions.
- Maintain a knowledgebase to log all reported technical issues and resolution.
- As needed, escalate issues to 3rd parties and Senior Management.
- Perform on-site problem resolution or product installation.
- Communicate software update and service packs to clients.
- Assist the product and client solution development teams.
- Was involved in migration from SQL Server to Oracle, C++
- It was a product related to Money Market and Forex Trading
Environment: PowerBuilder 6, Oracle 8i, PL /SQL, SQL Server
Application: Spares Inventory System
Contribution: Involved In Development of Triggers; Report Triggers in Reports 2.5; Coding Master details forms in Forms 4.5
Environment: Oracle 7.3, Toad, PL/SQL, Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5
Application: Shares Trades and Settlement
Contribution: Preparation of User Testing Plans, System Testing Plans, Integrated Testing Plans
Environment: PowerBuilder 6.0, Sybase 11, Oracle 7.3