Technology - savvy application developer and solution architect with more than a decade of experience in the design, development and support of scalable and effective web and interactive business solutions.TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Microsoft VisualStudio (03/05/08/10)
- Microsoft Server & Application Stack
- Agile Methodologies
Senior Application Developer
Confidential - Laboratory Services Division
Responsible for development, maintenance and support of DAQweb, a remote ordering and outreach product powered by LabDAQ, a laboratory information system target toward physician office labs, reference labs, toxicology and pain labs and veterinary services in the small and mid-size health-care market. DAQweb is an n-tier ASP.net 4.0 web-forms application connected an Oracle 11g Database and deployed onsite at the client. Additionally, I provided project management and infrastructure implementation for LabNexus, a secondary outreach program designed for laboratories currently using a competitive product or unable to host DAQweb at their location.
Worked as an independent developer on a number of independent technology projects under non-disclosure for a number of clients in the Baltimore area.
Sr. Web Developer
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Responsible for design, development, support, architecture and extension of KIDnet, an online application for the collection and management of children's mental health treatment outcomes and therapy measurements. Upgraded KIDnet from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5. Standardized design and development processes to increase development agility and increase the coverage of diagnostic tools utilized by KIDnet. Developed the first online tool website for the Family Assessment of Needs and Strengths (Trauma Exposure Adaption) using VB.NET 3.5. Developed a series of portal websites to support research efforts in the Department of Psychiatry. Led technical efforts to interface with electronic record systems and medical records systems used by clients/providers and government agencies. Provided technical leadership and mentoring to development team and on all technical issues (including infrastructure, software, and technology evaluation).
Confidential, Maitland, FL
Solutions Architect and Senior Developer for interactive solutions for Confidential, a marketing services agency. Designed, developed, and deployed a series of custom portal solutions built around agency’s flagship interactive solution, ProCommerce. Consult with clients on site information architecture and best practices for community site development and operations. Deployed over eight major portal sites in two years. Managed technology operations for the agency and served as the IT specialist. Created a number of in-house tools and utilities using WinForms.
Team Lead & Technical Consultant
Confidential, Linthicum MD
Team Lead for development of an enterprise resource planning system for specialty pharmacies for USBioservices, Confidential . Primary responsibilities include business analysis, project management, technical design, and team leadership for a team of 6 developers for the application’s graphical user interface (GUI) using WinForms. Serve as primary interface to quality assurance team on matters relating to application GUI requirements, design and code specifications. Lead issue resolution and technology architecture as it relates to the GUI. Work with technical architect to establish policies and procedures for build processes, unit test, code reviews, and development standards.
Senior Application Developer
Hunt Valley, MD
Senior Application Developer focused on developing procure-to-pay analysis systems and solutions for Fortune 1000 clients of Maryland’s largest accounting and recovery audit firm.
- Deployed and managed company’s first Oracle 9i database implementations.
- Developed and deployed .NET-based component layers for Data Access, Security, Encryption, Mail Transactions and Exception Handling and Logging.
- Developed ISAS—the Interactive Spend Analysis Software, a web-enabled application that provided a granular focus on disbursement activity for a client.
- Assisted Applications Development Manager in attempting to design and deploy a flexible yet strong development methodology and structure.
Confidential, Linthicum MD
- Consultant for Baltimore’s largest and most successful woman-owned consulting firm. Various projects and customer engagements include:
- Development work on company’s InfoNet Portal product, including a forms-based workflow system and project management module;
- Developed an online learning system for Pharmerica’s PMSI Continuing Education Unit in Tampa Florida to deliver CE courses over the internet. Developed using Confidential ’s APS.NET framework and VB.NET.
- Extended a customer communication system for product updates for CIENA Corporation using C#.NET.
- Extended an existing claims processing system for Carefirst BCBS of Maryland to support new HIPAA formats and processing requirements using VB.NET and C#.Net.
- Provided documentation and analysis for a dBase 5.5-based circulation system for The Baltimore Sun, including custom tools to build an object definition library using C#.
Senior Application Developer
Confidential, Baltimore MD
- Developed XML applications and COM add-ins for Microsoft Word that were used to write an 18,000 document content library of tutoring lessons in reading and math for Confidential 's online tutoring business. Tools including an integrated preview piece and publishing tool.
- Developed scheduling interface to third party vendor using COM, XML, and Oracle PL/SQL to provide dynamic log in and scheduling interface for the delivery of tutoring sessions
- Designed and developed an online assessment processing tool that collected, normalized and scored test results, and produced a diagnostic assessment of skill gaps as part of Confidential 's online tutoring service. Utilized COM, XML, and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Wrote and deployed numerous administrative and end-user web-based tools to support the business needs and decisions of program managers.
Program Manager, Senior Web Developer, & Product Marketing Manager—PC Input Devices
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
- Co-managed re-launch of gameshark.com, moving from single-server environment to n-tier, site powered by Oracle 8i. Conceptualized dynamic, content-focused e-commerce engine and general site navigational scheme and influenced initial e-commerce direction and philosophy for corporation by spearheading effort to design a schema to meet the needs of both the retail partners and our end-user consumers.
- Designed and developed several stand-alone & web-enabled applications to handle and reduce the workload of the Customer Service Department in tracking customer inquiries, processing returns and refurbs, and fulfilling mail order requests.
- Implemented first e-commerce partnership for corporate websites with Amazon.com and executed management plan to deploy banner advertising as an effective revenue source on all corporate sites.
- Deployed first in-depth web statistics analysis software for corporate sites and led interim redesign to make site lighter and more responsive to daily content needs based on that analysis and reported on ROI for senior management.
- Increased sales of PC Input Devices line from $10 million in 1996 to $30 million in 1999 and market share from 6% to 36% during same period by teaming with sales force to represent the company at numerous sales meetings with major retail customers, including Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry’s Electronics, the good guys, Staples, Electronics Boutique, Babbages, Software Etc., Sears, Montgomery Ward, Dell Computer, Target Stores, Wal-Mart, CompUSA and K-Mart, among others.
- Traveled to Europe and Asia frequently in development efforts for product line that included support for European and South American operations and collaborated with R&D teams in Hong Kong, SAR; Shenzhen, PRC; and Stone England.
- Launched major consumer consumer-service initiative targeted at increasing quality of manuals, online support, and increasing quality of telephone technical support that reduced good product returns by 33% over a two-year period. (Product Marketing Specialist)