- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SVN, GitHub, Nexus CVS, Tomcat, Linux etc.
- Experienced in cloud application and server virtualization using AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Azure.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU) servers and Windows 2010/2012 along with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), ECR, CLI, RDS, SNS, VPC, IAM, CLI, EBS, Cloud watch, Redshift and API Integration with Puppet etc.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Change/Incident Management, VMware and AWS Cloud computing.
- Experience with automated implementation/deployment of cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, Firewalls, Load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, AD, DNS etc.).
- Extensive experience using JENKINS, MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Valuable experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in working on source control tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, Perforce, and GIT.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Wrote Groovy/Unix scripts to configure resources and Servers.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Docker, Team City and Build Forge for continuous integration and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines. Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and support of automated containerized infrastructure (Docker), leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for service development, and cluster/monitoring/day2 tooling for infrastructure service deployment and administration.
- Used ClearQuest (IBM tool) as the bug Tracking tool and updated the defect logs.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere / IIS / WebLogic / Apache Tomcat / JBOSS.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Ansible/Puppet/ Chef /Open stack.
- Expertise in Repository Management tools like JFrog Artifactory, Nexus.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye for both hosting and issue tracking for local instances, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring/ Log Trace Monitoring.
- Exposure on DNS and Load Balancing experience on Nginx and knowledge on HA Proxy.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, Microsoft virtual PC.
- Experience on Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Clearcase to Stash Migration, Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SQUID, Postfix, FTP, send mail, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Strong trouble-shooting and debugging skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and can work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete the tasks effectively and efficiently as well as the ability to communicate with all levels of management and the client community.
- Provided 24/7 technical supports to Production and development environments.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Redhat, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Build/Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Terraform, Bitbucket, Hudson az
Scripting/Languages: Shell, Go, Bash, Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Python scripting and core Java
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL server
Web/App server: Apache Tomcat, IIS, HIS, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: Keynote, Splunk. Zabbix, Nagios, App dynamics
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN, GIT, Source Tree
Web Technologies/Programming Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, Rackspace, Vcenter, Vcloud, Vsphere
Confidential, Stanford, CA
AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts.
- Assisted customer in implementing DevOps strategies using Jenkins for automated deployment of builds to different environments and Build Forge as the automated engine.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment in Jenkins.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing kubernetes helm and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Installed and managed kubernetes applications using helm.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tools like Terraform, Ansible & Chef. Created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Developing and maintaining playbooks for software package installations and configuration management using Ansible.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Built scripts on Terraform to launch the AWS EC2 instances to modify the resources and handle changes.
- Written Terraform scripts to configure, execute and apply plans for version control with the help of AWS instances.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts through the terminal.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection and openstack to provision new machines for clients.
- Used Jenkins to automate everyday builds, testing and deployed in artifactory and tomcat servers.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Extensive experience on Open stack, knowledge in Dynamite, AutoSys, JFrog, App dynamics, Zabbix monitoring Tool, Bitbucket, NoSQL like Redis.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Experienced with RESTful API of Elasticsearch to analyze, search and visualize data.
- Version control through GIT. Writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources. Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Vcloud.
- Creation, Installation and administration of CentOS, Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm, Build Forge, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, ELK, Bit bucket, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Open stack, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Artifactory, JFrog Artifactory, Unix/Linux, CentOs Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.Confidential, Erlanger, KY
Sr AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Working as part of DevOps Team for different internal automation and build configuration management.
- Worked on integrating and scheduling automation scripts/Integration tools as per clients' requirements.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT and GITHUB.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds.
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins to automate the daily process.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Designed and Developed Jenkins build deployments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management & Applications.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios and Splunk thoroughly.
- Enhanced automation needed to provision soft layer infrastructure (Bare Metal, CCI's) using IBM Urban Code Deploy. Deployed the archives to Apache Tomcat web server and Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Developed Perl, Ruby and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure which includes checking the health status, monitoring and gathering facts about the ec2-instances, elastic load balancers, auto scaling groups and other aws resources.
- Involved in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2 instances.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked with continuous delivery and build clouds with AWS.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Integrated Puppet with Amazon AWS to orchestrate the provision of EC2 via puppet servers.
- Managed servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Puppet configuration management.
- Designed puppet modules to manage configurations and automate install process.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front, IAM and S3.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and integration of Jenkins with Jira/GitHub.
- Manage VMware Infrastructure/vSphere5 clusters on Production Test/Development environments.
- Excellent working knowledge with designing installing and implementing VMware ESX Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructure client and other products for Virtualization.
- Worked on OS migrations, upgrade and BIOS and NIC firmware upgrades.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Development team used a Git branching strategy that included develop branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Responsible for maintaining and building support queue to co-ordinate issues among disparate teams.
Environment: AWS, VDI, VPC, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Puppet, Terraform, Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Build Forge, Jira, Artifactory, JFrog Artifactory, Unix/Linux, CentOS, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell scripting,Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Experience in DevOps Engineer for project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate the deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Implemented Chef Server and components installations, including cert imports, increase chef license, creating admins and users.
- Involved in chef infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix.
- Installed Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the cookbooks developed within the organization.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet & Chef. Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring. Writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Implemented auto builds (on QA and Dev servers) on our node server environment by configuring in config. cookbook modules.
- Analyze and Evaluate Existing Architecture, Design and Configure a complex Network architecture on AWS Cloud. Migrate on premises applications to the cloud.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Build forge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience Installing and setting up Oracle Products on Linux for the development team using Chef Cookbooks.
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating cloudformation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of softwares through powershell scripts.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Developing Cloud formation templates to launch VPC's and instances in the AWS cloud.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented Auto Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Expert in configuring and implementing Nagios (or similar) monitoring software.
- Involved in defining documenting and maintaining code deployment pilot automation project documents.
- Installed and configured Hudson/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Build Results are managed in Jenkins and deployed using workflows in Jenkins.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- End-user training regarding branching strategies for all GIT, Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Implement Docker to create containers for Tomcat Servers, Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Deployment applications (JAR, WAR, RAR, and EAR) and related troubleshooting in clustered environment using Admin console.
- Develop, Maintain, update various script for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, cron jobs) Unix based Korn shell, Bash.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python and also developed unit and functional tests in Python.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Administration and support of Unix Servers including SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX & Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
- Used configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and CF Engine.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Open stack, Build Forge, Nagios, Python, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Unix, Linux, SUSE, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, GIT, SVN, Java/J2EE, Shell Scripting.Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Build and Release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
- Primary duties include in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Hudson with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET, and Cold Fusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and AnthillPro.
- Configuring AnthillPro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Analyzed the Troubleshooting in QA, CERT, UAT and PROD environment issues and support the Production issues.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill and SVN Tools.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Create/Maintain custom build scripts in Java/Perl. Develop Rational ClearQuest schemas and tailored the tools with custom Perl and VB Scripts.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Created and Maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Acted as an Integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Attend forum for management of release weekly meetings.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Submit request for implementation to various groups who participate in release.
- Assemble Release Kit and complete all paperwork, including implementation/back out plans.
- Turnover documentation monitor status of actual production turnover.
Environment: Java, .Net, MYSQL, PHP, Ant, Jenkins, Web Logic, ClearQuest, AntHillPro, Subversion, XML, UNIX, VB & Python scripting, MS SharePoint 2010.Confidential
- Regular Admin Tasks include building Linux servers for Production, Development and Test Environments and supported the ones under production.
- Performed OS upgrades for critical servers under production.
- Experience in creating file systems on LVM, VxVM.
- Performed various file system changes to accommodate upgrades in applications, services and databases.
- Maintained OS/APP backups for Linux and Solaris servers using Perl scripts.
- Managed critical bundles and patches on the production servers after successfully navigating through the testing phase in the test environments.
- Worked on the virtual environments through the virtual ware client VSphere.
- Responsible for evaluating Storage Foundation Cluster File System for possible production use.
- Monitoring the hosts and networks using Iostat, VMstat, MPstat and Other Tools.
- Setup and Monitor alerts and monitoring using Zabbix
- Monitor statistics such as CPU load, network utilization, and disk space using Zabbix.
- Manage software on system using YUM, and RPM.
- Worked with HP Integrated Lights Out (iLo) software in effectively managing the server under cluster environment.
- Implementing file sharing on the network by configuring NFS/SAMBA on the system to share essential resources.
- Good knowledge in structuring the documentation for Architectural Design and Build Plan Documents.
- Managed Disks and File systems using LVM on Linux.
- Performed day to day health check and maintained the servers by taking the down time from the users.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, NIS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Web servers (Apache).
- Installation of Cent OS 4.x manually and upgrading through YUM installation.
- Provided afterhours and weekend support to facilitate the issues in the production environment.
Environment: CentOS, Linux, Iostat, VMstat, MPstat, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, NFS, Vsphere, Zabbix, YUM and RPM.Confidential
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Used LVM for the management of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware
- Utilized Remote Desktop on Windows to provide connectivity and support for remote users.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement
- Maintaining the Linux Firewall for network and implement to secure the network.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of netstat, ping, nslookup and traceroute tools.
Environment: Apache server, NFS, LVM, Ubuntu, Centos, troubleshooting network like netstat, ping, nslookup.