- About 9+ years of experience as a Build/Release/Deployment/Operations Senior (DevOps) engineer with a strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and best practices of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and DevOps/Cloud processes.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Excellent at defining Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Strong experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloudwatch and Cloud trail).
- Worked with AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying, provisioning, load balancing, auto scaling applications.
- Created customized AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) polices for various AWS resources to have required accessibility to required resources.
- Experience in building Docker images, running Docker containers, managing containers and pulling base images from Docker registry.
- Designed, developed and deployed applications on to several cloud based solutions using configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and SaltStack.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/Ansible/ Chef and knowledge on SaltStack.
- Strong Knowledge in understanding the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with around 200+ Linux and Ubuntu instances.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling. That Auto Scaling fired up new resources those will by default bootstrapped with the Chef-Server.
- Have experience with AWS LAMBDA which runs the code with response of events.
- Have experience with Serverless/PaaS technologies (API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, S3, etc.).
- Built micro services using API gateway.
- Experience on installation, configuration and maintenance Redhat, CentOS and Ubuntu at multiple Data Centers.
- Working with SCM, SVN, GIT and Maven including branching and merging strategies.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins, added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Experience in using protocols like HTTP, SSL, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and assisted developers in troubleshooting.
- Experience as a Build and Release engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools and frameworks such as Splunk, ELK, Zabbix, Influx DB, Prometheus, SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios.
- Used Jira, Remedy and IBM clear quest as bug and issue tracking tools.
- Used SonarQube for code coverage and several other tools for testing like the builds like Selenium, HP QTP, JMeter to detect possibilities for early build failures.
- Worked on Database like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience in working on Linux operating systems such as CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian.
- Extensive knowledge on scripting languages like Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell and Bash.
Tools: ANT, MAVEN, HUDSON/JENKINS, PUPPET, CHEFF, SQL Tools, WinSCP, HP ILO, Github, SaltStack, Sub Version
Operating Systems: Linux Redhat - EL 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu - 9.10, 14.04, Unix, Windows - NT/ 98/2003/2007/ XP/VISTA/7
Programming Languages: C, XML, Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, SQL, Frame works, Java Servlet Pages, Java Script, L/SQL, HTML5.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, IAM, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, VMWare.
Application Server: Apache Web Server on Windows/Linux, Mysql server, vsftpd package, Oracle WebLogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, smtp setup.
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Created and Maintained Cloud Servers by using Amazon EC2 instance and deployed Tomcat configuration file using Chef cookbooks.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new environment including EC2, ELBs and VPCs using JSON files.
- Created and Maintained a private sub-section of AWS by using VPC and moved all AWS resources such as EC2 instance, Database and S3 bucket into this sub-section.
- Created S3 bucket and managed objects in the bucket (objects lifecycle), bucket permissions, Created and maintained NoSQL database(DynamoDB) for scaling efficiently in the cloud.
- Worked with AWS SDK BOTO for python to work with AWS services like S3 bucket.
- Used IAM for managing users and their access to AWS accounts and services by creating IAM roles and policies.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on threshold and monitored server's performance, CPU utilization and Disk usage.
- Used AWS(CLI) command line interface for managing AWS services and resources.
- Used Vagrant as a virtualization tool to configure work environments which are easily reproducible and portable.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins, GitHub and SaltStack.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo &Artifactory Server.
- Experience with version control systems like GIT, SVN, Bitbucket.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Setup and management of Openshift3.4 environment and responsible for the expansion to support a scalable environment.
- Increase application availability by controlling platform ecosystem DNS with openshift3.4 and running web applications on multiple endpoints.
- Worked in provisioning and managing multi-tenant Hadoop clusters on public cloud environment - Amazon Web Services (AWS) and on private cloud infrastructure - Open stack cloud platform.
- Work with software development team to investigate problems and make changes to the Hadoopenvironment and associated applications.
- Collaborated with development team for creating Docker/Kubernetes containers for each micro-service and installed all required dependencies for each container.
- Added user validations and user permissions by using the Node.JS.
- With the help of development support team Worked with Git and SVN for source/version control to save and manage the revisions in a repository as well as to manage the source code.
- Written Shell Script to automate the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline by using CI tools like Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Worked with Continuous Integration server by using tools like TeamCity and Jenkins.
- Improved the Configuration Management Infrastructure using distributed TeamCity Agents, Git. The new Infrastructure has reduced the build and deployment times by 80% since every build is running on a specific virtual machine. Every Team City agent virtual machine can be reproduced using Puppet deployments.
- Deploy website updates utilizing Octopus Deploy, Windows Explorer and Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) and assign folder permissions in both staging and production environments.
- ANT and Maven build tools are used in Continuous Integration process for building Java based applications using Jenkins.
- Integrated UrbanCode Deploy to Jenkins for deploying build application to various environments like QA, DEV, PROD.
- Performed various DBA activities on MongoDB cluster like installation of MongoDB config and replica software, patches installation on top of Hadoop eco system.
- Identify Configuration Items (CI) and document their characteristics. After every deployment, delivered the Release notes on Confluence.
- Integrated Quality testing and Security testing tools into CI process by using Selenium.
- Automated the process of deploying these application builds to various environments or server's by using Configuration Management tools like Puppet modules and Chef cookbooks (written in Ruby), Used Ansible playbooks (written in Python) for provisioning and orchestrating.
- Worked with AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying, provisioning, load balancing, auto scaling applications.
- Monitored builds and deployments to ensure that failed builds or deployments are addressed in a timely manner using AppDynamics along with Nagios or Splunk.
- For monitoring production health used tools like Splunk, AppDynamics and for networking issues used Nagios.
- Implemented an Infrastructure as code strategy to environment builds using Terraform, Cloudformation and Ansible.
- Worked on common networking protocols and troubleshooting traffic patterns across various layers of infrastructure (e.g., HTTP, TCP, IP, SSH, FTP, SMTP, DNS, LDAP), load balancer, firewall, storage, web server, app servers.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (REST APIs, micro-services, etc.) and developed code to make API calls.
- Handled production support issues as they arise and participated in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Used Jira as an Issue tracking tool.
Environment: AWS EC2, IAM, S3, VPC, DynamoDB, Node.js, Bamboo, CloudWatch, Vagrant, Docker, Git/SVN, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Bitbucket, ANT, Maven, Selenium, SaltStack, SonarQube, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, MongoDB, App Dynamics, Splunk, Hadoop Infrastructure, Nagios, Jira, Open Shift.
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Rochester, MN
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Cent OS/Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Repeatedly worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EC2, VPC, AMI, RDS, SES, S3, Route53, IAM, LDAP, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, and Cloud Watch.
- Installed and supported the Clear Case and Multi-Site tools for the entire group.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT.
- Experience in using GIT and Rational Clear case on Ubuntu and Windows environment.
- Worked with a version control called Arti Factory to control binary artifacts.
- Experiencing in using Jenkins tool for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Worked on RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef.
- Developed builds using ANT and Migrated to MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Integrated IBM Urban Code Deploy to Jenkins for deploying build application to various environments like QA, DEV, PROD.
- Worked on SCM toolsGit, SVN, BitBucket and Tested Ansible playbooks on Docker hosts.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo& Jira.
- Servers are configured & managed by using Chef/Puppet and System orchestration is done using Ansible.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Worked in setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef-repo and Bootstrapping chef nodes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize product configuration.
- Deployed the Java, HTML application into web application servers like Apache, Tomcat.
- Worked with build tool Maven to complete the development in a shortest period.
- Written and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NOSQL databases.
- Responsible to install and run Mongo DB with multiple instances on servers to store data in file format.
- Setting up Jenkins, Circle CI Continuous Integration builds for all releases on windows and Linux.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using JUnit and Cucumber Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Collaborated with development team to troubleshot and resolve issues.
Environment: AWS Services, Chef, No SQL, NetScaler, CI&CD automation, GIT, Jenkins/Udeploy, Artifactory, Cent OS, Ubuntu, Bamboo, Nginx, Bitbucket, Maven, RPM, YUM, Docker, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, JUnit, Shell, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Maintained Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Wrote Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Responsible for the new and existing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Heavy scripting in ruby and bash to build highly available server environments for teams deploying core products and services. Using AWS SDK built tools that automated AWS server provisioning, automated application deployments, and implemented basic failover between regions.
- Deployed and administered virtualized Linux infrastructure on Amazon AWS, and Rackspace Cloud. Built custom scripts, workers and clients utilizing AWS SDK to manipulate Amazon EC2 and S3 resources.
- Server configuration management via Puppet or Chef or Ansible and System orchestration via Ansible.
- Created plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management & Applications.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Worked on Vagrant for configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Experience in Administering Git / GitHub in Distributed Environments.
- Creation of SSL and Digital Certificates for requesting, generating and implementation for the communication between clients and web servers.
- Configure and manage Sonatype Nexus, Atlassian Stash, Jenkins, SonarQube and Apache Tomcat.
- Working with build tools Maven, Ant to create builds as per projects requirements and maintaining uniformity.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Scripting in multiple languages on Linux, Shell scripting, python scripting etc.
- Configure and Supporting monitor tools like Splunk.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags, modified AMI permissions.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- •Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
Environment: Ansible, Puppet, Hadoop Infrastructure, Sonarqube, AWS, Chef, Docker, GIT, SVN, Maven, ANT, Docker, TeamCity, Jenkins, Apache Webserver, JIRA, Atlassian Stash, SuSE Linux, Windows, Python, Perl, PowerShell, uDeploy.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for different Java and .NET applications.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Experienced in Software Development Life-Cycle, Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management practices.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process and Continuous Delivery pipeline by collaborating with Development team.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the SVN/GIT/TFS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Used Apache Maven build automation tool for Java projects for the development of build artifacts and Automated the build and release management process using Jenkins including monitoring changes between releases.
- Configured Atlassian Bamboo for building .NET applications and integrated with tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Stash and Confluence.
- Used MSBuild, NUnit, SonarQube, PowerShell along with Octopus Deploy to deploy ASP.NET applications and Windows Services into test, staging and production environments.
- Technical Programs Utilized: Octopus Deploy, Solarwinds, F5 Load Balancer, Sharepoint and Spiceworks.
- Administered and maintained source code repositories using Gitand Bitbucket.
- Deployed several .NET applications, IIS, SQL Server, App Services to cloud provided servers like AWS and Azure by using Puppet modules.
- Deployed Java based applications to cloud or remote servers by using Ansible playbooks, Used as an agentless configuration management tool.
- Deployed and Maintained several web and application based server's like Nginx, Apache, JBoss, WebLogic, IIS by using Puppet modules.
- Used AWS Cloud Watch, Nagios as a performance monitoring and analytics tools.
- Worked with Application Performance Monitoring tools like AppDynamics for monitoring JAVA, .NET and PHP applications along with NewRelic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements.
- Maintained a continuous deployment on a cloud infrastructure with zero downtime production environment. Worked with Azure and its API, Azure Virtual Networks, Azure security.
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell, bash to automate Azure infrastructure deployment, maintenance and monitoring, restoring in emergency.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions. Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure Management Tool.
Environment: AWS, Azure, TFS, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Graphite, PowerShell, bash, Nginx, Apache, JBoss, WebLogic, IIS, Octopus Deploy, Sonarqube, Bitbucket, Bamboo, SVN, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, NewRelic, AppDynamics.
Confidential - Menlo Park, CA
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux, windows servers.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of red hat Linux4/5//6, CentOS4/5, SUSE10/11, Ubuntu (8.04, 9.04&10.04), and AIX (V5.3, 6.1) Operating system.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using kick start for Linux.
- Installing and configuring services such as Apache, DNS, SMTP, HTTPD, NTP, DHCP and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Hands on experienced with SOAP, REST.
- Performing RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Participate in performance walkthroughs and reviews.
- Experience in configuring, installing, working with HP Rack/Blade Server.
- Performed testing using PHPSpec and PHPUnit.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables.
- Extensively worked on LVM and extended the logical volumes.
- Maintained all the Red hat servers entitled with the latest subscriptions.
- Perform error analysis and recovery, documentation and procedures required for reference.
- Log all scheduled/unscheduled system activities and problems.
- Monitored the systems CPU, memory, IDE/SCSI disks, disk controllers, RAID, and network parameters using the tools NAGIOS monitoring system.
- Worked on high availability servers - load balancing and clustering.
- Worked with Virtualization software (Xen).
- Worked with Network Attached Storage devices and RAID technology.
- Worked with NetBackup.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, SuSe Linux SP10, Ubuntu 10.04 server, Windows 2003, SOAP, REST, 1Samba, NFS, SSH, Apache, FTP, SFTP, PHPSpec and PHPUnit
Confidential - MILWAUKEE, WI
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues.
- Experienced in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area.
- Created users and managed user permissions, maintained User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, Bash.