- Over 6 years of experience in the IT world with expertise in both Software Development and Quality Assurance.
- Proficient in different types of testing e.g. Smoke and Sanity testing, Functional testing, UI testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Load and Stress testing, Security and Acceptance testing for Web based applications.
- Efficient in testing Native, Web and Mobile applications using Selenium/Appium, Java/Python, UI Automator, X - Code etc.
- Great experience with executing Automated Tests using Java/Python/C# and the Selenium framework.
- Strong experience in developing end to end, Data driven, Keyword driven, Hybrid automation, Page Object Pattern frameworks using Selenium Web driver and Java/C#, TestNG.
- Web Service Development and Testing (SOAP and REST API) SOA with tools like Soap UI, Postman Client, JMeter, REST Client Add-On, WCF Storm, using JSON/XML payloads. API Development with tools like C# Web API, Java Spring, Jersey framework etc.
- Extensive experience in Cross browser, Cross platform testing using Selenium Grid/RC.
- Proficient with SQL, using queries to perform back end testing on databases. Database testing skills with databases like Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Mongo DB using JDBC/ODBC API.
- Good experience with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment in line with best Agile, Scrum and Lean practices.
- Java, JP, Python, C#, Selenium WebDriver/ IDE/ RC/ Appium (Android & iOS Testing), Test NG, JUnit, PyTest, N-Unit, Maven, Linux Bash, Groovy, Jenkins CI, Cucumber JVM, Amazon Web Services, Soap UI, PostMan, REST Client, WCFStorm.
- Web Services, SOAP & REST API, JSON, XML, HTML, XSLT.
- HP ALM/QC, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, TFS, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Apache JMeter, Apache TomCat, HP LoadRunner, JIRA, JQL, Bugzilla, Eclipse, Intelli-J, Visual Studio.
- AGILE, Scrum, BDD, TDD.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements, System Design Specifications, interacted with Business Analyst, Product Owner & Developers for any necessary requirement changes.
- Involved in the whole QA Life Cycle from Test Planning to Execution and Reporting. I developed from scratch, and maintained various Test Cases and Test Scripts using Page Object pattern and Hybrid Automation Framework (Test and Data Driven).
- Automated Manual Test Cases and Test Steps by conducting Data Driven Tests using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA or Python, along with Manual Ad hoc Testing .
- Developed Automation scripts for Mobile Native and Web applications (IOS and Android) using Appium, Java, Android Emulator and IOS Simulator.
- Created Test Cycles, Planned Sprints, groomed and managed the Product Backlog, created and analyzed Epics, User Stories linked to Epics (For Traceability), estimated Story points with the team, New Features and Enhancements, Created Sprints in JIRA Agile with TestFLO Test Management Plugin.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts for Unit Tests using tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, PyTest, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins CI.
- Used Maven build management tool for Eclipse projects. Integrated it with TestNG, Continuous Integration tool Jenkins and Source Code Management for scheduling builds periodically.
- Tested both SOAP and REST API Requests and Responses using Soap UI and JMeter. I created Automation Scripts using Groovy Language.
- Conducted Cloud based and on premises Load and Stress Tests on API'S using JMeter, LoadRunner Scripts and Amazon EC2 instances from multiple geographical locations.
- Created XML based Test Suites and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts periodically by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID. Executed parallel test cases on Android device and on various Android Emulators. Developed test plans and test cases for the mobile applications.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries against multiple Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Mongo DB. Performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Performed Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber Feature Files and Gherkin Language with Java Page Objects.
- Used Git for Source Code Management and integrated it with Jenkins CI Server and Deployment plugins to automate Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Made use of Repository Managers like GitHub and BitBucket to manage public and private repositories.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEERRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactive Participation in the Analysis of Business and Functional Requirements, Design Specifications document and the Product Backlog for new projects. Reviewed and Analyzed Business Requirements, and wrote detailed Test Plans, Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Worked as part of a Scrum Team, actively participating from Sprint planning to production. Participated in daily scrum meetings, stand up meetings, sprint demo and review meetings.
- Worked with Development team and Business Analysts to analyze the Test Scenarios and ensured that Test requirements are correct and completed. Prepared Test Plans, Test Cases, and configured Traceability Matrix to track requirements and corresponding Test Cases.
- Managed Release Cycles and documentation of deliverables in the Testing process (Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Summary and Defects) in Tools like HP ALM Edition and JIRA, QTP etc.
- Analyzing User stories and new features, managing Backlogs with Product Owner and Sprint Planning with JIRA.
- Implemented Hybrid Automation (Keyword, Data Driven), Modular, Frameworks with Selenium, Java, TestNG/ Junit.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Mobile Native and Web based applications using Appium Server, Android SDK, Android Emulator, UI Automator, iOS Simulator, X-Code etc.
- Created Automation Scripts for Regression Tests on E-commerce Web applications using Selenium, Web Driver and Java/Python, and integrated Scripts with HP ALM.
- Automated Web Services projects using Groovy Scripts on WSDL SOAP/REST API Endpoints, Mocking Services in Soap UI.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using Excel and JDBC sources, executed SQL queries and stored procedures on databases to conduct data integrity testing using Soap-UI tool and Selenium Webdriver with Java.
- Created Maven XML based test suite and integrated with Jenkins CI tool to build projects and execute automation scripts on a regular basis.
- Made contributions to the continuous integration pipeline by running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages in Jenkins, and running automated and manual tests.
- Conducted Cross browser, parallel testing on IE, Confidential etc., using Selenium Grid.
- Used Page Objects with Cucumber JVM framework for Smoke testing and Build Acceptance testing.
- I performed cloud based/ On premises load tests and web performance tests using Apache JMeter, HP LoadRunner, and Sauce Labs.
- Used source code management tools like GIT and integrated with Jenkins to run and schedule builds and batch jobs remotely.
- Actively involved in documentation on how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Created XSLT Reports with Maven/ANT for Automation Tests.
- Besides my QA duties, I worked on .NET Projects doing Web Applications development using ASP.NET MVC and Angular.JS.
- Web services development and testing using ASP.NET Web API, WCF AND C#.
- Participated in Requirement Gathering for design, Application development and product enhancements.
- Web API Functional Testing using WCFStorm and C#.
- Performed cloud based/ On premises load tests and web performance tests using Visual Studio Team Services.
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, collaboration, continuous integration and creating/running queries to validate TFS reports.
- Tracked and managed defects, and code changes using Confidential tracking tool.
- Liaised with Business Customers, Business Analysts, other members of our Development and Testing team, and Project Leads to ensure high-quality applications are deployed.
- Helped to develop a single sign on solution spanning WAS, WPS and .Net Applications.
- Reviewing .NET and SQL code and ensuring their conformity to approved standards.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of complex systems integrations between ERP, e- commerce and 3rd party systems.
JUNIOR IT OFFICERRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performed Enterprise Hardware and Software Installation, major Server upgrades and expansion, integrated new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Ensured that critical systems were engineered, configured and optimized for maximum functionality and availability.
- Solved many issues by instituting best practices in System Log Analysis, Backup, Network Centre Security and User Account/ Permissions Management.
- Helped to ensure that development was signed off prior to unit testing.