- Design and development of high performance / low latency trading and trading surveillance systems from ground up.
- Ruby on Rails high frequency/low latency real - time electronic trading, surveillance and market data software developer with solid Ruby on Rails practical knowledge.
- Proven track record for developing and releasing high quality and profile products.
- Regular duties include architecture/design/heavy coding/code review/deployment/support on daily basis.
Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss
Servlet Engines: WebSphere, Tomcat, JRUN
Software and IDEs: Eclipse, MyEclipse, JBuilder, IntelliJ-IDEA, VisualCaf, Visual Studio
Databases: SQL Server 2005, MySql, GreenPlum, Oracle, Sybase, DB2
Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, Windows
UML tools: MyEclipse, ArgoUml (Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams)
Build tools: Hudson, Ant, CruiseControl, Quartz
Version Control Tools: CVS, Subversion, PVCS, VSS, Perforce
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Developing and implementation of the web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed and tested many features for application using Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, MySQL, CSS and AngularJS.
- Used Rails, AJAX, JSON and JQuery to design the front end of the application and back end of the application is developed mainly using Active Records.
- Designed applications using object oriented concepts Jasmine, Selenium, and Capybara.
- Used RHTML, cascading style sheets (CSS), RJS to describe the web pages.
- Designed the SQL Server Database, and Wrote Stored Procedures and Triggers for effective Data Processing and performance for the entire application like creating tables, views and stored procedure.
- Worked on optimizing SQL queries to improve the loading times of the web pages.
- Involved in utilizing Mongrel specific connection pools to interact with the business data from the business components.
- Created an entire set of customized features in dashboard by JQuery and Rails AJAX.
- Used Restful API to gather sales related data for products.
- Provided validations and scope for many models in the database and created many associations within those models.
- Participated in design sessions, code reviews, promoting common standards and best practices.
- Used Git and GitHub repositories as version control system for check-in and check-out.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) for improved efficiency of storage and fast access.
- Extensively involved in bug fixing, code refactoring and peer-reviews.
- Supported online gap site for deployment of application and modeling changes on RHEL servers for agile continuous integration using Subversion repositories. Red hat Linux, Centos, Microsoft servers.
- Involved in preparing the test cases using JUnit test case and in the testing phase
- Transformed the QA into a fast -paced agile team and drove daily stand up scrum meeting.
- Mentored a team of 5 junior to mid-level developers in Java/J2EE Development using UML design documents.
- Developed user interface using JSP, AJAX, JSP Tag libraries and Struts Tag Libraries to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Involved in the development of business module applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP and JDBC.
- Involved in writing maven scripts for merging jar files into existing repository.
- Developed framework using Java, BIRT Runtime, iText, MySQL and web server technologies.
- Configured glassfish server; Design shipping rate template upload UI using Adobe Flex and Developed Jasper report.
- Involved in developing and modifying the credit card, consumer loan business rules in ILog JRules
- Developed a web 2.0 control console using GWT to manage data matching for data staging
- Design, develop and test of SOA services using SOA / Web Service / Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Implemented Restful Web Services using Ruby on Rails and enhanced CRUD Operation for the application using MVC Architecture
- Integrated with databases using Active Record as a model and managed code versioning with TFS and deployment to staging and production servers.
- Modification and enhancement of existing customizations especially for the change requests, code fixes as per requirement.
- Involved in requirements gathering, application design, code reviewing, bug fixing and code refactoring and Pulled data using Capybara, Selenium and Phantom JS.
- Performing in unit testing, integration testing and acceptance testing of the system.
- Created automated test scripts for web applications with Ruby and Capybara and Selenium testing module.
- Involved in configuring of MongoDB with Rails application. Implemented TDD and BDD using RSpec and Cucumber.
- Used GitHub repositories and Capistrano for easy deployment to production.
- Used MemCache to enable caching of recently queried data for easier and quick data retrieval.
- Performing unit testing, System integrated testing and other adhoc testing activities.
- Followed Agile development software methodologies and SCRUM.
- Designed the UML, created class, sequential diagrams using Borland Together Architecture, modified code, configured WebLogic server and project in Oracle.
- Developed the different components of application such as JSPs, Servlets, EJB’s using Web sphere Studio Application Developer and used CVS for version control.
- Developed the front end using JSP JSTL, AJAX and Display Tag libraries.
- Designed and developed the web-tier using Html, JSP’s, Servlets, Struts and Tiles framework.
- Experience in creating build files using Maven.
- Involved in writing Spring Configuration XML, file that contains declarations and business classes are wired-up to the frontend managed beans using Spring IOC pattern.
- Integrated with iText and Jakarta POI to generate Test results in PDF and XLS format
- Involved in publishing the web content in the portal site by using the Oracle ECM
- Developed a Web Application using Java with the Google Web Toolkit API with PostgreSql
- Contributed to organization of testing and quality improvement process (JIRA, Confluence).
- Oracle Database access was implemented through Hibernate framework. Also used Jasper reports and Jfree charts to generate various statistical reports.
- Worked on designing and creating business rules using IBM ILOG Rules Engine.
- Designed various design Workflow Modules using BPM (Business Process Modeler) to implement Business Logic and Business rules using Ilog, Jrules.
- Developed a web 2.0 control console using GWT to manage data matching for data staging
- Implemented multi-site Enterprise SOA using Oracle SOA Suite for Fortune 100 Company.
- Involved in developing real time interfaces using JMS API and Spring framework
- Apache Tomcat Server was used to deploy the application.
- Moved Application from Solaris to Linux RedHat for system benchmark
- Extensive Development using Zend Framework by PHP in a LAMP environment.
Sr. Software Developer
- Developed and Implemented WebServices and used Spring Framework.
- Developed Add, Edit and profile view web pages for the monitor module using JSP, JSF HTML, JSF CORE tags library.
- Development of java interfaces for different function calls which convert the webservice calls into EJB calls to the legacy system..Created of interface to manage user menu and Bulk update of Attributes using JS, EXTJS and JQUERY
- Worked on the MySQL migration project .To make the system completely independent of the database being used. Used Spring IBatis to implement this.
- Used TOAD for all database query testing and optimizations
- Involved in Creation, Manipulation and Supporting the SQL Server Database.
- Developed Java and EJB in Mainframe DB2 environment.
- Designed and Developed the input/output data formats in XSD for the WSDL files and accordingly implementing services using Apache AXIS2 .
- Designed and developed required WSDL and XSD for the services.
- Followed an Agile, Software Development methodology. Used NetBeans IDE
- Developed ANT scripts to build and deploy the application in the JBOSS Application Server.
- Create and maintain Amazon EC2 instance that supports the companies Redmine project management site and Mercurial CM.
- Attended Rational training for ClearCase administration.
- Used Maven, SVN, selenium RC, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts
- Designed Use Cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using Involved in developing projects as Lead / Senior Developer following traditional SDLC Water Fall Model as well as Agile
- Involved in System Requirement study, conceptual design and designing of Use Cases based on the requirements using UML.
- Responsible for developing GUI / user interfaces using JSP, CSS & DHTML
- Developed JSP pages and Servlets for customer maintenance
- Used XML parser APIs such as JAXP and JAXB in the web service's request response data marshalling as well as unmarshalling process.
- Experience with enterprise ECM software such as EMC Documentum and Alfresco
- Involved in debugging the product using Eclipse and JIRA Bug Tracking.
- Designed and developed front end screens for new reports using Swing components.Implemented Cognos SDK code for extracting the report schedules defined by power users.
- Installed and configured a multi-server, clustered ILOG environment. Documented architecture and trained client administrators.
- Handling charges related to Oracle ADF, Apache Trinidad JSF, Spring, Eclipse Link, JPA and Oracle for UI development and Service layer.
- Implement and code processes in Java and BPL using Oracle BPM Studio and Eclipse IDE
- Developed applications using Visual Studio, C#, and a combination of Windows Services, IBM MQ Series, and ASP.Net Ajax enabled web sites.
- Hosted and configured applications in IIS, IBM Websphere, and Apache Tomcat under Windows and AIX platforms
- Set up JBoss Server, Configured MySQL Cluster in Linux OS and installed OpenCall XDMS.
- Developed Ruby on Rails web applications using MongoDB and back-ground processes using Resque and Redis
- Created new websites using WordPress
- Upgraded Drupal websites.
- Developed code for C, C++ to secure the transaction.
- Created web services using SOAP for SOA to get data from Mainframes and content manager Developed Transaction/Policy/Account History, Billing Single View, use cases by gathering data from existing BRC documents and the COBOL programs.
- Created/translated PL/I programming into SAS, which were used as part of the process used to standardize military personnel records
- Configuring and analyzing JCL to execute mainframe batch.
- Actively involved in contributing to RFP and POC activities in IMS.
- Used standard data access technologies like JDBC and ORM tool like Hibernate
- Assist with the development and execution of regulatory training for all JCL Bioassay employees and for training on QA policies, programs and initiatives.
- Developed SQL queries. Actively worked on stored procedures.
- Involved in packaging, deployment and upgrade of different modules of SAS on JBoss App server.
- Served as subject matter expert (SME) on multiple VB/C# applications
- Responsible for architecting, designing, coding and supporting a multi-tier system handling fixed and variable annuities for Confidential Sun America; web based front-end layer (XML, JSP, Java, JDBC, CORBA (JacORB, Visibroker), WebSphere, Oracle, PL/SQL) interacting with a legacy backend system running under Windows.
- Lead a development team (up to 10 developers) to deliver and support mission critical components of Annuity system.
- Designed and implemented the following system components: Annuity Benefits and Payout Options, Surrender Charges/MVA Calculations, Unbundled Features, Underwriting and Regulatory Requirements, Transaction Processing, CRM.
- Designed, implemented and supported a fully automated Ant Build Process for C++ and Java components.
- Performed front and back end system analysis for tuning and optimization; optimize JSP pages, Java components, dynamic SQL and stored procedures to speed the system up.
- Worked with all levels in the organization, including senior management, actuaries, business analysts and users to interpret business requirements and offer the best technical solutions within tight schedules.
- Provide time and cost estimates for system enhancements.
- Responsible for developing and supporting the web based an industry standard Policy Administration insurance system used by major financial companies such as Confidential, Confidential and Confidential ; JSP, Java, EJBs (Entity and Session Beans), Servlets, XML, XSL running under Unix and Windows.
- Designed and implemented business functionality for WEB system hidden login authentication, agent import and “can see” using the following technologies: JAXB, SAX, XML, and Servlets.
- Designed, coded, and implemented the business component services (request/response message
- Designed, coded, and implemented “File Transfer” and “Cron” Services using java multi-threading technology combined with XML engine and integrated them with the client Systems.
- Integrated proprietary system with client systems using JMS.
- Resolved memory leaks, excessive database access, bottlenecks, concurrency and socket issues, deadlock, race conditions and remote server invocation.
- Supported multiple clients’ Insurance eService Questionnaire system
- Support the various client systems such as Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, and Confidential .
- Processed large amounts of data by writing advanced stored procedures.