- 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of SCM, Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, support and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud - Specific technologies which include EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Terraform, Lambda, SNS, Dynamo DB .
- Experienced in DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Worked on cross platform tools such as CVS and Subversion. Experienced in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging, Develop, manage Pre-and Post-commit hook scripts; provide support for parallel development.
- Extensive knowledge in migrating applications from internal data center to AWS .
- Experience working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experienced with both framework and cloud formation to automate AWS environment creation.
- Ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts (Boto 3 & AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS , Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, AWS CLI .
- Worked with networking teams in configuring AWS Direct Connect to establish dedicated connection to datacenters.
- Set up Auto scale of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Built the AWS cloud formation templates to deploy the AWS stack .
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef .
- Managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks. Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to the Chef server.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes.
- Served as the Puppet subject-matter expert for Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards.
- Trained engineers on Puppet : roles, profiles, components, code standards, etc.
- Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet .
- Expertise in troubleshoot build problems as they arise & work with engineering team to resolve issues.
- Utilized GIT to manage source code developed by various platform engineers.
- Used GIT as source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repositories, saving changes for later (Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, pulling latest commits, etc.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls. Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases.
- Setting up the new repos, Managing the permissions for various GIT branches. Creating adhoc GIT stashes.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for Continuous Integration process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts from source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Maintained chef servers and management application that are used to build and deployment of existing Java applications environment.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Setup V2 Docker registry for local image storage / management.
- Used Docker Registry API to interact with the registry.
- Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox . Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Automated the process of Apache Webserver installation, configuration using Ansible .
- Supported API development team in creating Ansible playbooks for deploying, integrating and monitoring their continuous integration environment.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the AZURE stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Interface with a version of Nagios to create new monitoring and view existing
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation.
- Integrated Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions (Splunk).
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct Jira.
- Managed users, workflow, groups and projects in JIRA .
AWS Services: RDS, EC2, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, EBS, S3, ELB, auto scaling, Cloud Trial, SQS, SNS, SWF
Version Control Tools: GIT, JENKINS, HUDSON, JIRA, Subversion(SVN)
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT
Configuration Tools: Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Chef
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven
Languages: JAVA, C, PERL, PYTHON, RUBY, XML, SHELL
Web Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0
Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP/ 2000, Linux, UNIX
Tracking Tools: Remedy, Jira
Hardware: HP Blade servers, HP ProLiant DL360G2, DL360G5, DB380, DL385 and DL560, DELL PowerEdge 1350, 1750, 1850, 2850, 6450 Sun Enterprise M3000, M5000
Software: Veritas File System, LDAP, VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1/5.X/6.0, Checkpoint Firewall
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven
Databases: DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB, Oracle 9i/10g
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation .
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling , and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Storage on AWS EBS, S3 and Glacier and automate sync data to Glacier. Databases services on AWS like RDS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Transcoder, Cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk . Migration of 2 instances from one region to another. Configuration of site- to- site VPN and open VPN using Linux EC2 instance.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon, Linux AMI, Red hat 4.x, 5.x.6.x,7.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, 15.x.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ RHEL) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installation and configuration of CM related software in UNIX and Windows environments, using UNIX commands and Windows Navigation.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand, using a combination of Ruby, Ansible, AWS tools, and shell scripting.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Managed version control tool GIT to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Provided Build support, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Served as Point of Contact (POC) to provide KT on configuration management to write CHEF automation scripts to migrate automation from deploy to CHEF .
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using DevOps technologies like Chef.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Implementing and Supporting Puppet Masters and Agents on approximately 500 Nodes for Configuration Management.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Windows servers, and uses the Nagios for the windows performance monitoring.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the Build Process.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml .
- Worked in DevOps team in the integration environment with virtual cloud hybrid service developing and working on to plan, deploy and deliver strategic solutions.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed and set up Nagios monitoring system on a dedicated Amazon EC2 server, developed several custom plugins for monitoring availability and performance of AWS EC2 instances, integrating Pingdom checks, monitoring MySQL databases and results of execution of certain queries, etc.
- Monitored availability and performance of production and development environments (servers, databases, network and Web services) using customized Nagios monitoring system, MRTG and other monitoring tools
- Incident management reports, including initial problem analysis, management status, resolution, and follows up defect reporting in an automated fashion.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platforms (PAAS) , and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Working on Docker engine to create and use containers; SaaS-based services for creating and sharing Docker services in Docker hub.
- Designed and implemented virtual learning environments, using Virtual Box, VMWare, Docker , and various LMS and VLE resources.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx .
- Used JIRA as ticketing and tracking tool.
- Experience in using bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, Taiga and Quality Center.
- Responsible for monitoring servers, applications and switches using Nagios.
Environment: Python/Shell/Perl/Ruby/PHP Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, puppet, Ansible, Chef, Maven, ANT, Hypervisor, Stash, Linux, Bash, Cloud Formation, VMware, Tomcat Apache, JIRA.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS Command Line Interface for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances , set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Managing a team of DevOps Engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Support and maintain monitoring systems ( Nagios, Cacti ).
- Created and maintained server and application management monitoring solutions to operations based on BMC Patrol V 9.0/9.1 and Nagios XI 2014R technologies on 2,500+ UNIX and MS Window servers.
- Mentored team members in the use of the BMC Patrol and Nagios Console, and gained proficiency in the use of BMC Patrol and Nagios through training and hands-on experience.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling , and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Managed the User accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud. Managed Amazon Web Services - ELB, EC2, S3, RDS .
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Experienced on AWS EC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM , Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Managing Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet or custom-built.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Responsible for the creation of scripts using Ant, Python and Unix by hosting on application servers.
- Supervised a team of developers and implemented automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and GIT for continuous integration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process for major releases and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in Bit Bucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Created release branches in GIT by GIT Administration including branching, reporting and assisting with project and end user support.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of Configuration promotions and software releases.
- Handled multiple Linux/CentOS servers for application deployment and management.
- Experienced with release engineering, configuration management in Tomcat web application environment and worked on issues like heap and non-heap memory.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC .
- Experience in using the open source monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios and Good knowledge in Splunk.
- Installing and administrating monitoring tools such as Nagios .
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take an action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle, Cassandra, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, ANT, UNIX, Windows 7, Service Now, Subversion (SVN),Nagios.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, SVN X, Uber SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT .
- Managed MAVEN project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects. Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Writing Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs Jenkins and Hudson. Worked with Jenkins Pipelines .
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Web Logic Application Server console.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Maintaining automated environment using Chef Recipes and cookbooks.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Cleanup of Documentation on site environments, cleaned up folder groups and reduced offline virtual machine counts, templates, and worked with VM Ware Business Critical Support to resolve long standing issues with reliability of environment and existing bug tracks. Created Run Book documentation to facilitate hand off to DES staff onsite.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Web Logic/Web Sphere Application servers.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various work flows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
Environment: VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5, VCAC5.1,5.2 VMware View, NSX, NetScaler, VMware Lab Manager, VMware converter, P2V, V2V, VMotion, Jenkins, AWS (EC2, Auto-Scaling, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS), RHEL 6.x.
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production .
- Documented the Build and Deployment Process which could be used by the team if found any issues at the time of build and deployment of different applications to different environments.
- Involved in release and deployment of large-scale C#, Web services and Web applications using TFS & Release Management.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven Build Automation for J2EE Apps.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Developed shell scripts for automation purpose and wrote a build and deployment scripts per SCM team standards and processes to QA, Performance and Production environment.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflict rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Developed and enforced new build and deployment procedure to better align Delta's development procedures with proven SDLC best practices.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Facilitated project management using JIRA for all sprints and achieved 100% on target rate for timely completion on assignments during bi-weekly planning.
- Responsible for communicating the customer requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure customer's requirement expectations are being met.
Environment: Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Hudson, Java, J2EE.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4.x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VM Ware virtual machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris X86/64, Red Hat Enterprise.
- Installed new / existing servers and configured services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with project/operational requirements.
- Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem.
- Responsible for Creating and Managing User accounts, password, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in CentOS, Red hat Linux and Solaris.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux system, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables and Firewall. Administration, package installation, package management, setting up repositories, applying patches using YUM and RPM.
- Experienced in providing day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users in local and global groups on Red Hat Linux platform and managing user's queries.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Red hat Linux.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Extensive experience in User Administration with creating users, groups, and giving permissions Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, security rights, disk space and process monitoring, e.g. reset password and unlock locked user account.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of VMware in an Enterprise Environment and configuring Virtual Machines on the VMware host.
- Setting up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions and access related issues via ACL.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the Linux servers and workstations.
Environment: Sun Solaris 8/9, Red Hat Linux 8,9.0, Samba, Sun fire (210, V240, V440, V490, V880,1280) Servers, HP DL- 320/360/380/560/580 L servers, EMC storage devices, Tivoli Storage Manager 5.x, web sphere, Oracle 8/9i/RAC, Apache 2.x/3. x.