- Web based SPA Front End UI/UX design and development
- Object - oriented analysis, design, and development
- Full stack enterprise application design and development
- Graphical user interface application design and development
- Interact, negotiate, and communicate with clients and staff at all levels
Senior/Lead Software Engineer
- Confidential is a leading provider of Healthcare process transformation and software systems.
- Lead the UI team to rewrite and replace a Flash based legacy system with one written using Java and Swing.
- The application is a large enterprise level SPA web based application with high availability and SLA requirements.
- The front end technology stack includes React (ReactJS), Redux, Material-UI, and Apollo GraphQL.
- The server technology stack includes Kotlin, Java, and Postgres.
- Current additional technologies include: CSS3, SASS, React-Bootstrap, Aurelia, AJAX, REST, JSON, Babel, Git, GitHub, Scum, Agile, WebStorm, IntelliJ IDEA, and JIRA.
- Sensus is a world-class provider of water, gas, heat and electric meters.
- Responsibilities include the design and development of Sensus' FlexNet system.
- FlexNet is a RF based network of utility metering software written primary in Java using the following technologies: Java, Java security and permission, XML serialization, JMS, JCE, Spring, Hibernate, XML, XStream, JAXB, Struts 2, JUnit, JMock, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
- OSD (Formally S&T) is the scientific research and application development group at BellSouth, now AT&T. Responsibilities included the design and development of new features for AT&T NMS DSL system.
- This system allows AT&T to provision, maintain, and troubleshoot their DSL/IPTV network.
- I lead the effort to re-architect the system from the existing Java/ClassicBlend architecture to a Java/J2EE architecture where a Java Swing client connects to server services through EJB Session beans.
- The technologies used were Java, J2EE, EJB (Session and MDB), JMS, XML, JDO (KODO), Weblogic, Eclipse, Websphere Studio AD, VisualAge for Java, ClassicBlend, GemStone, Oracle, NetExpert, Dimensions, Subversion and Ant.
- Our development process centers around a modified version of Agile, JUnit and FitNesse. The OOA/OOD methodology is UML using Rational Rose.
Manager of Applications
- Confidential is a software company that provides service intelligence solutions and performance management software (OSS, QoS, ROI, etc.) for communications and enterprise service providers.
- Responsibilities included the personnel and technical management of a department of Java developers.
- Designer and release manager for PerforMAX and ServicePATH, real-time network and system performance managing, monitoring and reporting products.
- Both are multi-tiered applications with Java/Swing and HTML clients (Windows and Solaris) with a server side Servlet and EJB layer that communicates through CORBA to business services (C++), report services (Actuate) and database layers (Oracle8i) executing on a Solaris server.
Senior Software Engineer
- TeleInsight is a telecommunication analysis company whose products are used by companies for data mining and visualization of their network performance and operation.
- Responsibilities included the development of a Java and CORBA based configuration audit utility, research and recommendation of obfuscation tools and techniques, and documentation of the application’s architecture, programming interface and CORBA interface.
Risk Analysis Manager
- Confidential is a credit card information and analysis company whose products are used by banking, financial and credit granting institutions.
- Responsibilities included leading the analysis, design and development of their risk management applications.
- The implementation language was Java/C++ using Swing/JFC, Java 2D, JDBC, JNI, JBuilder, Visual C++ and SQL Server for Windows NT. The OOA/OOD methodology was UML.
- The application servers used were Borland’s AppServer and NetDynamics.
- Confidential is an automotive insurance company.
- Responsibilities included being the Object-Oriented and VisualAge Smalltalk mentor and the analysis, design and development of their customer service and policy management call center application.
- The implementation language was VisualAge Smalltalk for Windows NT.
- The database was DB2 using the Micado database framework. The OOA/OOD methodology was UML using Rational Rose.
- World Marketing Alliance is an insurance and securities broker and financial services company.
- Responsibilities included the architectural and design review of their call center applications and report to the CIO regarding proposed changes and enhancements to the applications.
- Confidential (now eShare) is a call center and predictive dialing solution provider.
- Responsibilities included the design and development of their next release of Magellan, a visual development environment. Mentored junior developers in Object-Oriented technologies.
- The implementation language was VisualSmalltalk for Windows NT. The database was Sybase.
- The OOA/OOD methodology was OMT with Use Cases using SelectOMT.
- Researched new technologies for future versions of their products.
- These technologies included Java related technologies and CORBA.
- Confidential is the Atlanta committee for the 1996 Olympic games.
- Responsibilities included review and restructure the user interface of Info96. Info96 is a Kiosk application that the athletes, press, and Olympic workers use to view details about the athletes, the events’ venues and schedules, Olympic history, and other information.
- The implementation language was VisualAge Smalltalk for OS/2 Warp.