- 8 years of total IT Experience and 7 years of experience working as AWS Engineer.
- Designed, Configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services(AWS) including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, EBS, RDS.
- Experience in UNIX shell Scripting and Automation using Python.
- Experience in configuring and managing Enterprise UNIX Environments.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Migrated an existing on-premises application on to AWS, Implemented and controlled the flow of data to and from AWS.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication.
- Lead many critical on-premises Data migration to AWS cloud, assisting the performance tuning and providing successful path towards RDS DB engines.
- Implemented Auto-Scaling for scaling out to ensure availability and scalability of customer websites and applications.
- Responsible to maintain the networking from AWS cloud to On Premise Network.
- In Depth understanding of AWS security features like Network ACL and Security Groups.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Knowledge in Big Data Framework Hadoop and Hands-on experience with Big Data Tools like Map Reduce, HBase, Hive, Pig.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong technical background along with good communication skills.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/NT, Linux, Unix
Languages: C, C++, Python
RDBMS: Oracle10g, MySQL
Scripting: UNIX korn shellScheduling tools: AutoSys, Control-M
CM Tools: CM build
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, GitHub
Confidential, Midtown, GA
Lead AWS (Cloud) Engineer / ADMIN
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's transportation software
- Setup and support AWS Infrastructure automation utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, ECS, Cloudformation Templates, Cloudwatch, IAM, Redshift, Route53
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of cloud environments
- Setup and support DevOps policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance
- Evaluate the existing landscape to identify risk areas and provide technical recommendations for improvement
- Manage and organize departmental projects from initiation to completion such as moving Citrix XenApp into AWS and building Routematch Business Intelligence tool using Redshift/Jaspersoft
- Ensure all business groups are following company standards and standard server technologies.
- Developing and maintaining systems architecture documentation and run books for AWS
- Participate in requirements gathering, project scoping and definition
AWS Engineer / Admin
- Experience with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, and Route53.
- Migrated existing web applications to AWS and re-written some components to align with cloud strategies.
- Hands on experience in configuring classic and application load balancers and security features like WAF.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling Groups
- Worked on setting up and configuring AWS’s EMR Clusters and used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users
- Experience in Building S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Involved in migrating the architecture from regular VM’s to AWS Cloud Management
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups, which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in AWS Cloud Watch & Alerting for instances, Good understanding of Security Groups
- Created python scripts using boto3 api for automated tasks.
- Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles for Lambda jobs using AWS CLI.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, and EBS volumes
- Experience in creating Amazon EC2 instances and setting up security groups
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows, Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments
- Installing, Configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud
- Experience in scripting for automation and monitoring using Shell and Python scripts
- Effective in cross functional and global environments to manage and lead multiple tasks concurrently.
AWS Engineer / Admin
- Created and configured AWS infrastructure using cloud formation templates.
- Configured ec2 instances and configured IAM users and roles.
- Created s3 data pipe using Boto API to load data from internal data sources.
- Automated s3 data uploads and download using Python programs.
- Hands on experience in managing git code repository.
- Configured Jboss cluster and MySQL database for application access.
- Installed different application software like Python modules, DB modules.
- Created Databases, tables and Indexes for application specific tasks.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS, Used git as source code repositories.
- Existing application update using Jenkins and code deploy.
- Developed Shell/python Scripts for automation purpose.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Developed Python REST to expose application data to 3rd party applications.
- Hands on experience in configuring LDAP servers and integrating security to web applications.
- Defined TEST strategy to deliver the applications to end users.
AWS Engineer / Admin
- Responsible for gathering requirements, system analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Developed Business Logic using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Developed views and templates with Python and Django’s view controller and templating language to create a user-friendly website interface.
- Used Django Database API’s to access database objects.
- Used JQuery and Ajax calls for transmitting JSON data objects between frontend and controllers.
- Involved in building database model, API’s and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web based solution.
- Used Python based GUI components for the front-end functionality such as selection criteria.
- Used Amazon Web Services(AWS) for improved efficiency of storage and fast access.
- Added support for Amazon AWS S3 and RDS to host static/media files and the database into Amazon Cloud.
- Created Data tables utilizing PyQt to display customer and policy information and add, delete, update customer records.
- Used PyQuery for selecting particular DOM elements when parsing HTML.
- Having very good experience with BIG DATA.
- Created Business Logic using Python to create Planning and Tracking functions.
- Created UI Screens for initiation and validation.
- Worked on UI using HTML5, CSS3 and Java Scripts.
- Developed multi-threaded standalone app in Python and PHP to view performance.
- Used Pandas library for statistical Analysis.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks.
- Version control using GitHub.
- Involved in writing stored procedures using MySQL.
- Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
Linux Administrator / AWS
- Installation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting of Linux.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the server using Red hat satellite server.
- Performed automated installations of operating system using jumpstart for Solaris and kickstart for Linux.
- Configured the users accounts for continuous integration - Jenkins.
- Experience with migration to amazon web services AWS from datacenter.
- Installing and configuring apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitored server and application performance and tuning via various stat commands and tuned I/O, memory etc.
- Experienced in troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user troubling tickets.
- Adding servers to the domain and monitoring them using spectrum.
- Worked on performed data-center operations including rack mounting and cabling.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU utilization, memory utilization and disk utilization for performance monitoring.
- Monitoring system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of the system.
- Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on system.
- Administration for multiple sun hardware, this involves creating domains, adding/deleting system components.