- 8 years of extensive experience in providing cost - effective, scalable, secure and highly available business applications for enterprise customers in public and private clouds (Amazon Web Services and OpenStack)
- Good knowledge of Application Architectures in AWS Public Cloud and OpenStack Private Clouds.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack
- Experience in building new OpenStack Deployment through Puppet and managing them in production environmcent
- Experience in development and management of configuration modules, and manifestsusing Puppet
- Experience in automating provisioning of resources in AWS EC2 (Auto-scaling groups, networks, VMs), OpenStack Nova (VMs, images) and Neutron (networks, ports and routers).
- Experience in Amazon VPC administration using Security Groups, Network ACLs, Internet Gateways, Routing Tables to setup a scalable and secure infrastructure topology
- Experience in user/role/group management using Amazon IAM to provide fine-grained, secures access to AWS resources.
- Experienced in OpenStack environments to create and manage users using Keystone and VM management using OpenStack, volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron
- Experience in software Release Management, Deployment and Build Management using Git, Gerritt, Jenkins , Puppet and Foreman.
- Good understanding of Build, Manage, Monitor and Remediate cycle of infrastructure.
- Experience in setting up monitoring tools like Grafana and Graphite and Elasticsearch - Logstash - Kibana (ELK).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving production service issues and outages during build, deployment and management phases
- Experience in moving physical workloads to cloud in a reliable and least impacting fashion.
- Worked along with monitoring teams to identify and troubleshoot issues on servers using various tools
- Install, configure and support network topology routers, switches, load-balancers and console servers for data center
- Performance tuning of Linux machines in the environment by kernel parameter tuning, identifying process that hog the system resources and containing them
- Working knowledge on using basic shell and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks
- Responsible for Operating System maintenance activities like upgrading the OS, updating the services and third party software.
- Worked on maintaining integrity of Linux, Solaris servers by performing patching operations on regular basis
- Working knowledge of Firewall scripts, and securing Linux production systems
- Installation and configuration of Web Application servers like Apache, PHP, Tomcat, WebLogic and SSL management
- Deployment and system configuration automation BladeLogic and Puppet server
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to high levels of professional.
- Experience in working for global offshore teams to coordinate production releases
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment like OpenStack
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, Windows
Cloud Stacks: Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Rackspace
ConfigurationManagement: Puppet, CloudFormation, Foreman, Git, Jenkins
OpenStack: Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Glance, Cinder, Swift, Horizon, RabbitMQ
AWS: EC2, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS, Autoscalers, ELB, IAM, Security groups, Network ACL
Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, Graphite and Grafana, Zabbix for alerting, CloudWatch, Cloud-trail
Version Control Tools: Git, Gerritt
Networking Protocols: DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, ARP, DHCP
Scripting/ Languages: Python and shell scripting
Database: MySQL, RDS, Postgres
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. Cloud Administrator
- Managed hardware, software, and networking for a large scale OpenStack cluster
- Managed and developed Puppet modules responsible for deploying OpenStack and other cloud tools.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Foreman and Puppet through hostgroups and puppet modules and manifests
- Used OpenStackclient (nova,neutron, cinder,swift and keystone) to manage OpenStack resources for applications
- Provided infrastructure support and user support for OpenStack based private cloud
- Managed existing and helped creating new Users and tenants through Keystone
- Managed Network allocation in Neutron to create new public networks
- On boarded new nova compute hypervisors with checks ensuring their health before enabling them
- Created VM snapshots using nova and glance to backup application state into glance images periodically.
- Used Cinder to attach persistent volumes to nova VMs to ensure data redundancy on the hardware
- Build time series dashboards of different metrics using graphite and Grafana and Kibana 4
- Built and managed centralized system for application logs using Logstash and Elasticsearch.
- Setup monitoring and alerting of control plane services using Zabbix
- Work with other departments to setup health checks and monitors for high availability of cloud services.
- Defined security group rules for control plane services to secure the control plane network
- This fast based Agile based project with 2 weeks iterations which includes daily standup and iteration planning, backlog grooming sessions every 2 weeks.
- Automated OpenStack server deployment for users using HashiCorpterraform, heat and Puppet
- Integrated puppet deployment with Git and Gerritt with automated Jenkins
- Supported Red Hat servers in Production, Test and Development environments.
- Worked to troubleshoot and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Assisted application migration from physical servers to OpenStack based Clouds with least intervention to applications.
- Participate in selection of new technologies and proof of concept designs to drive new operational standards and best practices.
- Work closely with engineering, third party service providers in a collaborative manner to scale IT delivery capabilities.
- Create and maintain documentation related to cloud platform, applications and deployed system.
- Build and support maintenance of nova instances with software, updates, and patches.
Sr. AWS Solutions Engineer
- Worked in a hybrid cloud environment to manage an OpenStack private cloud and migrate workloads to Amazon Web Services with least service disruptions
- Build application pools consisting of VMs using Amazon EC2 CLI and AWS dashboards and OpenStack Nova client
- Created and managed VPC configuration with Internet Gateways, Routing Tables, public and private networks and appropriate Network ACLs to enhance security for the applications.
- Integrated Open SSL certificates signed by Verisign and AWS IAM to enable HTTPS endpoints for load balancers created for frontend applications.
- Created hosted zones and records using Amazon Route53, the DNS service in Amazon for load balancers.
- Setup Amazon Route 53 health checks for applications to handle AZ failures and network partitions.
- Setup alerts for monthly costs, CPU/memory utilization on instances, traffic spikes and hardware deprecation in AWS using Simple Notification Service (SNS).
- Created Launch Configurations and Auto-scaling groups to bootstrap clusters of EC2 VMs for applications.
- Created and managed Hadoop clusters on AWS with Elastic Map Reduce and setup appropriate security groups for the VMs to ensure data security.
- Created IAM policies based on resources, IPs and user accounts to ensure fine grained access control on resources to other account holders in AWS for the client.
- Created and maintained Oracle databases in AWS using Amazon RDS and migrated existing databases to AWS.
- Defined strategies for multi AZ failover of databases in AWS using RDS.
- Built a service health dashboard of applications deployed in AWS using Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana centralized logging and reporting.
- Automate log forwarding of AWS server instances to Elasticsearch server using parameterized puppet class for logstash.
- Used puppet extensively to automate deployment of applications in both public and private clouds.
- Migrated applications deployed in OpenStack (private) to AWS (public) with minimal disruptions.
- Replaced in-premise hardware load balancers with elastic load balancers in AWS for high availability and scalability.
- Used Amazon EBS to enable persistent storage to application using which were used to create snapshots of application states.
- Monitored and alerted application pool infrastructure failures using CloudWatch and Simple Notification Service to ensure least time to recover in case of an application/hardware failure.
- Worked in a fast paced, agile methodology team with biweekly sprint deliverables
- Worked as an on-call support engineer for application developers to debug and recover application and infrastructure failures.
- Developed puppet modules to automate deployment of java and python applications and handle configurations for these applications.
- Manage all Application deployments in different environments like, QA, Stage and Production using Puppet.
- Designed EC2 instance and network architecture to meet highly available and secure application architecture.
- Designed ACL policies for AWS resources (computes, networks) based on user accounts, IPs and roles using Amazon IAM.
- Provided round the clock and weekend customer & system support (AWS) resulting in a near 99.99% uptime.
- Worked on setting up and managing VPC configuration in AWS
- Designing highly scalability and highly availability cloud architecture
- Designing fault tolerant and disaster recovery cloud architecture
- AWS Computing and Networking: Ec2,Load balancing,Autoscaling, Route53, VPC, RDS, S3, Cloud Front, Cloud formation
- Secure AWS Servers using encrypted keys, security gateways, allowed/denied users/ip/domains etc
- Cloud service monitoring using CloudWatch and configuration management with Puppet
- Deployment of Red Hat Enterprise virtualization 3.0 environments and supporting them
- Integrated Puppet, Chef and OpenStack on Jenkins
- Creating bridge networks for internal and external access
- Installing packages on Linux Servers using YMM and RPM utilities
- Perform software installation, configuration and managing of LVM and RAID in local disk and SAN
- Installation of packages using RPM and source installation
- Monitoring and troubleshooting issues of operating systems
- Installed and configures chef and developed recipes for automated infrastructure deployment of applications
- Responsible for collecting requirements from various teams and provide the efficient solution of the problem
- Cross platform testing of recipes to verify compatibility across various environments
- Installation, upgrades/patches, troubleshooting and maintenance of Linux systems
- Designing the deployment and migration plan for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Manage and troubleshoot the Nova Compute and Controller services
- Responsible for configuration for virtual network and storage
- Deploying OpenStack components on multimode with high availability environment
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack clod
- Deploying the OpenStack and configuration of keystone, glance, cinder and swift
- Provided CM and build support for different applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using subversion source control
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Subversion source control
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell and python. Created and modified configuration files including bhuild.xml
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT
- Working with configuration management tools like puppet to implement and maintain puppet manifests for configuring and automating the process of setting up libraries
- Configures Jenkins for continuous integration with plugins and created jobs
- Interact with developers and enterprise configuration management team for changes to best practices to eliminate bottlenecks
- Coordinate with release management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms
- Responsible for providing 24x7 support for production and responding to users tickets from remedy
- Administered Network file systems suing Automounter and administering user and OS data files in NIS and NFS environment on both Red Hat Linux and Solaris environments
- Experienced with migration of data of sun One Directory Server from Sun Solaris to Redhat Linux, which included migration of user data, indexes and server certificates.
- Implemented the jumpstart servers and kick start servers to automate the server builds for multiple profiles.
- Installation and configuration of database systems MySQL, Oracel10g in RHES, Centos environment
- Created volumes and file systems using Veritas volume manager and Veritas file system and LVM on Linux. Also created disk groups, volumes, file systems, resizing the volumes and file systems.
- Created user accounts in NIS environment
- Supported proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading patches to the systems and application, scheduling batch jobs and cron jobs
- Installed and configured Tomcat and JBoss for Web Application deployment
- Scanned Web and Application servers on a regular basis to check for security holes that need to be patched
- Securing Apache, PHP, and Tomcat ass per PCI scope
- Writing Power shell, Bash and Perl Scripts for backup and automation
- Installed and configured Windows 2003 servers
- Created user accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Remote Desktop monitoring using Microsoft Terminal Services/Client
- Provided application support and involved in troubleshooting project specific software and hardware related issues
- Involved in configuring and managing the network printers
- Responsible for applying the windows 2003 patches and fixes
- Created and maintained user profiles for all new users via Windows NT/2000 server user manager for domains
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain customers network
- Worked on network management software
- Installation and configuration of TCP/IP in windows server
- User tracking fault monitoring, troubleshooting of client network and traffic management