- React JS)
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile processes and methodology
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer
- Lead migration of a monolithic Ruby on Rails 3.2 application to micro services.
- Built REST APIs for multiple client application in Ruby on Rails 4.2.
- Built a high-performance JSON API interface and replaced sequential requests with parallel requests. Enhanced with end to end encryption < -- Inserted: - -->
- Built a log-based performance analytics system, which analyzes the performance of client requests and business services API.< -- Deleted:between -->< -- Inserted: of -->< -- Inserted: - -->
- Architected blueprints for new systems designs, integrations with RESTFUL web services and desktop services and legacy systems redesign.
- Managed & secured server environment (Ubuntu) consisting of 12 web servers, 5 workers, 5 database servers (MySQL cluster), and a handful of additional servers to handle email, DNS, etc.
- Built infrastructure tooling that automated and reduced the time and effort required launching, provisioning, deploying, and upgrading servers.
Ruby On Rails Engineer
- Designed and implemented mobile API.
- Built RESTFul JSON API Interface to communicate with multiple client application in Ruby on Rails 4.2.< -- Deleted: for -->
- Identified and fine tuned slow-running and resource-heavy SQL queries and mitigated their impact on the database through methods of caching and query optimization.< -- Deleted:/or -->
- Identified and fixed security issues, including XSS; CSRF; authentication token replay; privilege escalations and password hashing weaknesses;< -- Deleted:: -->
- Integrated a complex search JSON interface in SOLR to cater for complex searches in multiple languages.
- Participated daily in code reviews of commits via Github pull requests.
- Managed deployments of application to production and staging environment
Ruby On Rails Developer
- Fully responsible for the full-stack development and maintenance of multiple internal projects including coding, deployment, maintenance and performance tweaks using Amazon EC2 and S3, Paypal, Heroku, OpenSSL, MySQL, Linux, Memcached & Ruby On Rails.
- Created Views and Standard Procedures for complex SQL Queries and commonly used reports.
- Developed web based spam firewalls and web filters in Perl and C++
- Built tooling to enable customer support engineers to troubleshoot spam firewalls and web filters remotely.
- Built a spam-tracking bank in Perl to keep track of spammer IP addresses and locations.
QA Engineer Contractor
- Built a framework to migrate QA Testing from manual testing to semi-automated platform in Quick Test Pro and other in-house tools.< -- Inserted: - -->< -- Inserted: - -->
- Restructured and redesigned slow and unstable test suite workflow.
- Created automated tools to send a summary of bugs to developers.
- Built a test sync tool to track issues that reported to developers.< -- Deleted: have been -->