- Around 8 years of IT experience as a Technology Lead in CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), strong background in Build and Release Management and Cloud Implementation all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture. expertise in several flavors of Linux/ UNIX Environment. knowledge in setting up the servers on different flavors of Linux like RedHat, SUSE Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Experience in Automated processes with custom built Python, Perl& Shell scripts.
- Experience in creating instances using AWS EC2.
- Good experience in other Amazon web services which includes S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups etc.
- Good knowledge on other Cloud based services like GCS, Microsoft Azure.
- Built solution accelerator for appliance based FWaaS on Openstack
- Experience in using build automation tools like MAVEN, Bamboo, Gradle, and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code.
- Have good experience of creating and maintaining the Docker containers.
- Deployed spring boot applications using Docker.
- Experience in Implementation of Continuous Integration through Jenkins/ Bamboo. Deployment using various CI Tools like Chef/ Puppet/Ansible
- Expertise in Setting up the JBoss, WebLogic, oracle, DB2 connect, WebSphere, MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, Active Directory in Microsoft, sun, Linux server.
- Good knowledge in customizing and compiling the Linux kernel according to the requirements also good in networking concepts and various communication protocols.
- Experience in VMware software, Linux Virtualization, HyperV, NAS (Network Attached Storage) and SAN (Storage Area Network) using tape drives installing new tapes into magazines and unloads the magazines.
- Deployed latest patches for Sun, Linux and Application servers.
- Familiarity with programming C and scripting Languages like shell, python, Perl and Bash shell.
- Setting up the NFS, NTFS, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, QFS, ZFS Web Server, Squid, Proxy server, LDAP, LAMP, Send Mail, Postfix, DHCP, PXE Boot, Netboot, U boot, Nbboot and File Transfer protocols like (TFTP, FTP, Direct connect etc.) for the target boards to pick the boot image from the server.
Operating Systems: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, Solaris 9/10 and Windows Server
Virtualization: VMware ESX 3, and Virtual Center
Volume Management: LVM, SVM, VVM
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSH, DHCP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS
Web/App Servers: Apache server, IIS Web server 5.0/6.0, Websphere, Weblogic Servers
Email Servers: Sendmail, Windows Mail Exchange Server
Tape Hardware: Storage Tek tape libraries L40, L180, L700, SL500, DAT & DLT, STK 9940B
Directory Server: Redhat Directory Server, Sun Directory Server and Active Directory
Programming Languages: Shell Programming, Perl, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, sed, awk
Devops/AWS Cloud Engineer
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Automated the cloud deployements using Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created playbooks in Ansible to manage configurations and deployments to remote machines.
- Written playbooks in Ansible for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Created entire application using Python, Django, MySQL and Linux.
- Responsible for setting up Python REST API framework using DJANGO.
- Created Business Logic using Python 2.7.
- Created database using MySQL, wrote several queries and Django API's to extract data from database.
- Good knowledge with NoSQL databases like HBase, Cassandra
- Highly involved in development/implementation of Cassandra environment.
- Involved in enhancing the application for client's requirements based on the market demand using the MVC pattern, Angular JS, J - Query, Bootstrap, CSS and Web API.
- Used extensive Java Script frameworks like Angular JS and Node JS Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Utilized CHEF for configuration management of hosted instances in AWS.
- Worked on Chef Cookbooks and Chef recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Hands on with tools: Git/GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, OpenStack, Balance, Node-Proxy, VMWare, and Open Source software to build automated testing and delivery pipelines. Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, JQuery, Oracle 11g, OpenStack, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Confluence, Remedy, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, CentOS.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Setting up with jenkins automation creating docker containers and building Docker images and pushed those images to Docker registry.
- SCM Engineer for a team that involved five different development teams and multiple simultaneous Java/J2EE software releases.
- Expertise in the Jenkins plugin management areas and implemented several CI/CD plugin like AWS ec2, build Pipeline, Docker, git, unit and Pipeline plugins.
- Implemented Docker based Continues Integration and Deployment framework. Deploying and maintaining Micro services using Docker.
- Worked with cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with CloudSigma (EU) and GFS storage.
- Configured auto scaling in customized VPC, based on elastic load balancer (ELB) traffic and using ELB health check in order to trigger auto scaling actions.
- Managed S3 buckets and bucket policies, Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Created alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing as EC2 (Virtual Servers in the Cloud), RDS (Managed Relational Database Service), VPC and Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, CloudFormation, AWS OpsWorks (Automate operations), AWS S3, Glacier (Storage in the cloud) and CloudWatch Monitoring Management.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Chef, AWS, S3, Autoscaling, EBS, RDS, Maven, BitBuckit, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Groovy, Nexus, AWS, Ec2, Jira.
DevOps / Linux EngineerResponsibilities:
- Install / monitoring / automation via Puppet / Ansible on CentOS 6, 7 platform for
- Install/configure monitoring software, configure and monitor Database backups.
- Deployed and currently managing Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to new and existing infrastructure.
- Responsible for Log management through Splunk.
- Configured Svn/git and access management to Svn/git repositories using Github.
- Experience with Docker.
- Solaris 10/ Solaris 11, RHEL 6 servers and AIX 6 Servers monitoring via Nagios plugins. Analysis & implementation done for Gomez network application monitoring of Web Applications (JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat).
- Experience in configuring Red Hat Cluster Suite, Veritas Cluster Server, Sun Cluster and HP Service Guard.
- Setup and maintained DNS Primary, Secondary, Cache-only servers, DHCP servers and DNS clients.
- Extensive working experience in process scheduling, disk and file system I/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP networking.
Build & Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Implemented Jenkins pipeline for continuous deployments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for CI. Configured master and slaves to run various builds on different machines.
- Written Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process.
- Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers.
- Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Responsible for creating branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Created Migration documents and deployment guides for end user so that user can easily walk through and deploy the code without any issue.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Managed routine backup of Linux servers, making sure all required files and data are appropriately backup.
- Configured NFS, remote mounts and remote access of file systems on Solaris servers
- Monitoring system resources, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
Environment: Jenkins, Subversion, ANT, Maven, Nexus, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Oracle
- Log management like monitoring and cleaning the old log files.
- System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures, running cron jobs.
- System performance for hourly basis or daily basis.
- Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, winscp, and filezilla.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating
- System authentication.
- Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems NFS, SVM.
- Configuring & monitoring DHCP server. Maintained LVM, VxVM
- Taking backup using tar and recovering during the data loss.
- Experience in writing bash scripts for job automation.
- Configuring printers to the Solaris and Linux servers and also installing third party softwares.
- Manage system installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance tuning, managing storage resources, network configuration to fit application and database requirements.
- Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
Environment: Linux ( Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS), Windows 2000/NT, HP, IBM, Solaris, Oracle 8i, Cisco routers/switches, Dell 6400, 1250, Sun E450, E250.