- Senior Software Engineer Java | Web | COBOL
- Detail - oriented software engineer with nearly 20 years of experience devising innovative and tailored solutions to meet ever-changing business requirements within diverse industries. Advanced skill with leading-edge programming tools complemented by proven ability to assimilate and rapidly utilize emerging technologies. Verifiable track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing each for maximum effectiveness and efficiency. Driven by new challenges and the desire to excel in all endeavors.
Serverside Development: Java, J2EE, Struts, Eclipse, Version control (ClearCase, Harvest, Subversion), Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere, Spring (2.5 & 3.0), Build Tools (Maven and Ant), classic ASP
Mainframe Development: COBOL, DB2, JCL, QMF, SQL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, CICS, Distributed CICS, SDF, Xpediter, Intertest, IBM Debug, Abend-Aid, Dumpmaster, File-Aid, Insync
Databases: DB2 LUW, DB2 OS/390, SQL Server 2005/2008
Confidential, Irving, TX
DEVELOPER SR. ANALYST
- Led the upgrade of Confidential subrogation related application from a Weblogic 11G environment using java 1.6 to a Weblogic 12C environment using java 1.8. Upgrade responsibilities included making java code version 1.8 compliant, making SQL commands compatible with DB2 type 4 drivers, verifying browser compatibility.
- Led the design, development, and implementation including front-end UI development and server-side core java development for an application allowing customers to electronically provide required information and documentation rather than submitting hard copies.
- Optimized the use of new technology and allowed for rapid project expansion by converting the application from a classic ASP to a spring-based Java web application.
- Successfully converted from a JSF-based application running on Tomcat in a Windows 2003 environment to a Spring-based application running on Weblogic in a Linux environment.
Confidential, Plano, TX
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
- Provided solid leadership on large-scale projects, contributing expertise in IT project oversight as well as software design, development, and support.
- Cultivated valuable relationships with vendors while serving as a liaison between the company and third-party vendors.
- Enabled easier changing of magazines during prompts by upgrading the JCP magazine prompting POS web application. Key Contributions include…
- Streamlined workflow and management while reducing data exceptions by 70%.
- Increased customer satisfaction by designing, coding, and testing new features and enhancements to the JCP Rewards web applications.
Confidential, Addison, TX
Primary technologies: COBOL, Endevor, JCL, VSAM, DB2
- Hand-picked to work with key client, Confidential, to install new rules for credit card account maintenance, and consistently ensure compliance with federal guidelines.
- Improved accuracy by developing new pricing schedules based on client relationships resulting in accurate rebates.
- Oversaw a six-month project focused on re-pricing accounts that had experienced an increased interest rate.
Confidential, Plano, TX
JAVA TECH LEAD
- Embraced full leadership on projects within the client’s compensation systems division including the complete integration of Equity and ESPP applications into the new HP system after the company was acquired.
- Supported all application functions, led application enhancements, and provided troubleshooting and analysis as issues and problems arose.
- Led the global project to convert EDS stock equity data for personnel in more than 60 countries to an HP-compliant data structure.
IT APPLICATION ASSOCIATE - LEAD
Primary technologies: COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, SQL, TSO, XML, Java, JSP, Struts, Ajax, Webspere, Servlets, mainframe development & debugging tools
- Designed, developed, and implemented new applications and enhancements for the mainframe environment, as well as Java applications for multiple principal web sites. Key Contributions include…
- Significantly increased the availability of information by implementing eModel, an electronic transaction processing system that allows immediate availability of information on the company’s internet account access system.
- Achieved significant cost savings by creating a new billing system that automatically generated a single bill sent to institutional partners each quarter for outstanding account-related fees, eliminating the need for thousands of individual paper bills.
- Enhanced the efficiency of data retrieval and real-time system updates by assisting with the coding, testing, and enhancing the web-based account inquiry and transaction processing system to interface with CICS.