- Qualified Professional with 8 years of experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS cloud computing, VMware, Linux administration.
- Hands on experience configuring and Administrated OS server/client builds with centos - 6, centos-7 .
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as GIT, SVN, ANT, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Jenkins, and Docker.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services cloud platform and its features like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, SNS, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM, Cloud Watch and VPC cloud formation through AWS Console and AWS CLI.
- Experienced in Creating S3 buckets also managing policies for S3 buckets and Objects and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Experience in route traffic, transfer existing domains and creating new domains by using Route53.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Implemented Software Configuration Management processes on projects including setting up and supporting Continuous Integration.
- Experienced in configuration and administration of tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and Hudson for setting up and configuring projects, define scheduling policies, install Master/slave agents, perform server upgrades, setting up automated build and deploy processes for various applications.
- Experience in working with Version control systems like GIT, GitHub &SVN.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven and knowledge on other Build tools such as MS Build and CMake.
- Wrote chef cookbooks using the several of its Components like attributes, files, recipes, resources and templates to automate system operations.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and Web Sphere Application servers for deployments.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Ansible/Puppet.
- Experience with configuration management automation tool s and has worked on integrating Ansible .
- Experience in writing playbooks for various infrastructure activities for deploying applications using Ansible .
- Good knowledge of virtualization and container technology like Docker. Good Knowledge of Docker and managing Docker-based deployment.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry. Worked with Docker images & Docker Container.
- Experience in working with Tracking Tools like JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Worked on Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Implementation/configuration of Windows networks including DHCP, DNS.
- Configured services like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, Send Mail, FTP, Remote access on Linux.
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model and Firewall (checkpoint).
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows 2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7/8,Red Hat,CentOS.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, RDS, EBS, ELB, S3, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, IAM, VMWare.
Infrastructure: AWS Cloud Platform (IaaS)
SCM Tools: TFS, Sub Version (SVN), CVS, GITConfiguration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Cruise Control, Hudson.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, NANT, Gradle.
Web Development: HTML,CSS,XHTML,XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL server
Issue tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Zabbix
Languages/ Scripts: C, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Ruby and Perl.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, DNS
Confidential, Norwood, OH
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Worked with AWS Cloud platform and its features, which include IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, EBS, CLI, Cloud Watch, SNS, and RDS.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads.
- Configured AWS-EC2 Cloud Instances using AMIs and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Created scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Used GIT HUB as source code repositories.Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Hosting applications along with building and testing the applications using Jenkins.
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI/CD deployments using Terraform.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts like war or ear files on the source code.
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef. And Created Chef Cookbooks for Sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Developed, build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers like Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file , Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platforms(PaaS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Modify and Execute Processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI), troubleshooting guides and tools.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios and Splunk.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
Environment: AWS EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, Nagios, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Docker, VPC, Red Hat,Web Logic, Web Sphere,Apache Tomcat, BASH, Python, Linux, UNIX.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various applications using Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates.
- Utilized Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS . Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Customizing open source ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana) collecting logs and monitoring most of the Linux Servers providing SaaS.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Created multiple ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment. .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Written cookbooks for WebLogic, Jenkins, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Worked on Ruby to create Chefbooks and recipes and used ruby as well as to automate and used various libraries.
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the Man Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, JIRA, Python Scripting, SQL, Docker, AWS, Puppet, Chef, JBoss, WebLogic, Linux.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Configuration and Change Management Processes and procedures.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from various version control systems like SVN to GIT.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT, GITHUB.
- Worked on several build tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Worked with different Ansible playbooks and maintain different Ansible roles .
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files from remote systems.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templets and writing playbook for that particular role.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an AGILE continuous integration environment.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl scripts for build and release tasks.
- Created and executed SQL queries to make sure the transactions are entered in database as expected.
- Involved In build and Deployment of various projects using Web Sphere Admin console and script files.
- Facilitated the Change Control Board and assessed Change requests for scheduled builds.
- Provided release updates to the management team and business liaison leads.
Environment: SVN, GIT, UNIX, Perl, Ant, Maven, XML, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, SQL Server, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat.
Build and Release Engineer
- My Responsibilities include Searching, Learning, Training and Documenting on new DevOps tools which would fit in our current Eco-System..
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects and used Subversion (SVN) for managing files and configurations.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Build the code using build tools. (Maven, Ant, etc.).
- Converted old builds using ANT to Maven and XML.
- Responsible for creating and editing ANT Scripts.
- Modified the existing ANT scripts to suit the new project requirements.
- Developed Jenkins Plugins which integrates our In-house tools with Jenkins.
- Implemented E2E pipeline in Jenkins which would do the below activities:
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Used Remedy for issue tracking and monitoring.
Environment: CVS, SVN, Ant, UAT, SCM, Jenkins, Java, SQL Server, Remedy
- Installation of operating system Linux, Windows Server 2003.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of RedHat Linux AS 4/5, Solaris 9/10 operating systems.
- Installed and configured JBoss application server on various Linux servers.
- Updating systems with new version of OS and application software
- Defined and maintained disaster recovery plans.
- System administration, maintenance and monitoring various day-to-day operations.
- Experience on File system issues and Disk management.
- Creating, deleting and modifying the user accounts on Linux.
- Installation and support of various applications and Databases including Oracle, MySQL along with Web Logic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Oracle 10g,Tomcat.
- User management, Creating and managing user account, groups and access levels.
- Through Knowledge of Linux internals and utilities (kernel, Memory, Swap, CPU)
- Package management using RPM and YUM.
- Automated some jobs by deploying the CRON tool for job scheduling processes.
- Monitored the Linux servers on a regular basis and was into tuning them accordingly in order to optimize performance.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, NFS and Apache.
- Administer user accounts on all servers, configure user profiles, troubleshoot and resolve user login problems.
Environment: Apache Tomcat, Red Hat, Solaris, Linux, Web Logic, JBoss, MySQL, Oracle.