- Software Quality Assurance Analyst and Test Automation Engineer with extensive experience in implementing automation strategy as well as developing and maintaining automated scripts in various business domains.
- Highly motivated individual, quick learner and self - starter with good communication and interpersonal skills, well versed in interacting across multiple teams to successfully complete projects within Agile environments.
- Proficient collaborator with various stakeholders across multiple Agile teams to derive the best possible automation solution utilizing outstanding analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Experienced developer of BDD style Hybrid and Data Driven Frameworks using Page Object Model design pattern with OOP Languages like C#, Java along with Gherkin (SpecFlow/Cucumber).
- Expert of SDLC and STLC, Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Excellent reviewer and analyzer of business requirements along with writing detailed test plans, scenarios and test cases.
- Active Participator in root cause analysis and resolution of defects with developers and stakeholders to avoid events in live products and to improve traceability matrix for proper test coverage.
- Well-versed in Creating and submitting reports on the project risks as well as project status to the Project Managers using various ALM tools.
- Experienced in web service and API Testing using REST and SOAP Protocols.
- Highly experienced in back-end testing in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
- Experienced in designing, developing and executing Load Test using Load Testing tool included in Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate Edition.
- Proficient in analyzing Performance bottlenecks in the applications using Load Runner Analysis and SQL Profiler.
- Efficient in Documenting and providing Daily Test Summary Reports for each Test execution.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, PL/SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow/Gherkin, TestNG, Apache POI, Microsoft Test Manager, Team Foundation Server(TFS), Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services(VSTS), Microsoft visual Studio Ultimate - Web Load Test, HP QuickTest Professional, HP Quality Center, Load Runner, JMeter, Atlassian JIRA, JAMA Contour, SOAPUI, CURL, OBIEE(Oracle Business Intelligence)
Development Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015, Eclipse.
Confidential, New York
Test Automaton Engineer
- Test automation specialist for the DealAxis Platform, a suite of investment banking software products for equity capital markets, research, sales and trading departments.
- Within an Agile development environment, collaborate and coordinate automation testing across multiple teams, including teams in Budapest.
- Expertise in implementing an automation strategy, planning, designing automated tests for Web Applications.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining automation scripts using BDD approach, which includes implementation of automated scripts to test Cross-Application Functionalities.
- Design and develop test automation framework using Page Object Model design pattern.
- Experienced in Developing Business Driven Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver, C# and SpecFlow.
- Setup automated Test run with batch scheduling using PowerShell Scripts and .bat file
- Actively involved in setting up Microsoft Test Manager lab management (including test controllers and agents).
- Create and maintain backlog items, while linking to team specific work, and manage test cases with associated defects using TFS and Visual Studio Team Services.
- Assisted with the implementation of performance tests; created and executed load tests to proactively detect potential performances issues including any bottlenecks impacting the application.
- Analyze, report results to help identify by reviewing long running queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler resulting in performance improvements.
- Focus on collaborative efforts with the team members to analyze root cause of defects and identify opportunities to enhance the automation scripts with Kaizen in mind (for continuous improvement)
- Experienced in creating acceptance tests and executing manual test cases, to verify acceptance criteria against User Stories
- Organize and hold knowledge sharing and Training Sessions for Team members resulting in increased understanding of the technical implementation of business logic as input to stronger risk-based assessment of functional changes and impact.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, C#, SpecFlow, Visual Studio 2013/2015 Ultimate Edition, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services, XML, Web Services, SQL server 2012/2014. Microsoft Test Manager, MS Web tests, Fiddler
Confidential, New York
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, and designed the test plan for total Integration process of the applications.
- Coordinated and designed Test Strategy and managed defects for multiple projects across multiple teams - internal and external using ALM Tool.
- Served as a resource and communication point for decisions about test schedule changes, resource forecast and estimation.
- Provided daily and weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports.
- Worked closely with product and project managers on the implementation of new projects and infrastructures including operational readiness, change preparation, change execution, and post-change QA validation
- Ensured all testing standards are being met and served as an escalation point for issues involving testing.
- Investigated, researched, recommended and lead the implementation of automated test tools and test scripts for regression testing of existing product functionality.
- Architected and implemented manual and automated test plans, test cases and process workflow.
- Actively participated in designing and developing Data Driven Framework and implemented automated test suites.
- Provided risk based evaluations of overall QA deployments, compliance risks, and ad hoc consultation to ensure product quality and compliance.
- Ensured traceability of test cases back to project requirements and Participated in walkthrough of test cases
- Introduced, developed, documented, and periodically updated the QA Test Plan, process and Procedures Manuals and Objectives.
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL statements on the Oracle Database using SQL Developer tool.
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Apache POI, HP UFT, XML, Linux, Web Services, HP ALM, SQL server 2008 - R2, J2EE
Senior QA Engineer/Analyst
- Developed Test Plans and Test scenarios to test functionality of new or enhanced requirements.
- Document, track and communicate test plans, test results, analysis and unresolved issues to upper project management.
- Performed Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and UI Testing.
- Converted existing QTP scripts to selenium to support multiple browser.
- Developed UAT Test scripts for UAT Testing.
- Developed test scripts for the Backend testing for MPI (Master person index) and EDI 834(both outbound- enrollment and inbound- eligibility).
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Data input sheet for all types of test conditions for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Organized and managed all phases of software testing process, planning, creating and executing tests along with logging, re-tracking and reporting Defects.
- Verified Medicaid/Medicare/CHIP/Annual Income/Tax Information from different Hub like CMS(Center for Medicaid and Medicare services), DHS (Department of Health services), SSA (Social Security Administration), IRS (Internal Revenue Service) as part of verification testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Eclipse, XML, Linux, Web Services, JAMA- Contour, Atlassian JIRA Confluence, SQL server 2008 - R2, J2EE.
- Analyzed user stories, provide testing scope, developed test plan, tests cases for application under test in an agile software development environment.
- Designed and executed functional testing and performance testing on Confidential client facing application Performed System, Integration, Regression and Compatibility Testing.
- Responsible for scripting and performing functional and regression testing for API and Web Services testing.
- Designed, developed and performed data driven automated tests for Restful as well as SOAP based web Services.
- Actively participated in detecting defect root cause to support resolution of production bugs.
- Developed SQL script in TOAD for data validation and data integration testing in Oracle and SQL Server database.
- Tested Asynchronous Programming to Update the Chart on home page for dynamic ad changes on website as well as data validation.
- Successfully Introduced Selenium Web Driver and implemented automation scripts using Java and TestNG and Apache POI.
- Analyzed log files using UNIX Commands and CURL commands for exceptions and errors in Linux system and re-generated those errors to provide the root cause of defects.
Environment: SoapUI pro, CURL, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, SQL Server 2008, XML, Linux, GitHub.
Confidential, New York
- Worked closely with business and development teams to understand the user stories.
- Involved in test planning and strategy; Developed test scenarios and test cases based on user stories in Agile Development Process.
- Involved in manual testing and execution of automated regression suites in each release;
- Extensively used Descriptive Programming to create reusable custom Function Library using VBScript to perform data driven testing.
- Experienced in System testing, Integration testing, Interface testing, Functional testing, Regression testing.
- Tracked and monitored defects, worked with development Team on bug reproduction and fixes.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to verify and validate Data integrity.
- Assisted end-users in defining UAT test cases and plans and liaising with developers for timely fixes.
- Created distributed user application test plan to perform multi-user testing.
- Documented Daily Testing Summary Reports for each Test execution.
- Perform Load testing using JMeter and configure Thread Group, Sampler, Logical Controller and Assertion.