- Over all 10+ years of IT Professional experience with Linux System Administration,Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management, Quality Assurance, Storage experience in administering Hitachi Enterprise storage arrays.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, RAD, and other processes.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX 5x, 6x, 7x, Win NT/2000 Server & Linux (Red Hat 5.5/6.3/7) in a large environment.
- Extensive working experience of managing, troubleshooting IBM Power7, Power6 and Power5 (P520/P550/P5 55A/p5 52A/P750/P710) series systems.
- Coordinated different teams across multiple projects to deploy different builds to different environments, including Production & other AWS cloud based, on parallel development.
- Good knowledge in bash(shell)/Perl/Expect and exposures to Python scripting
- Experience in writing, Bash, Perl Shell scripting to automate system administration tasks.
- Experience in using console access mediums: XSCF, ILO, ILOM, ALOM and concentrators like lantronix.
- Experience in configuration of LUNs on Sun StorEdge arrays and knowledge of SAN infrastructure.
- Worked extensively on cross - platforms (windows-Unix) with SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, Mercurial and GIT.
- Hands on experience on build automation tools like ANT and Maven with working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build and CMake.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonatype Nexus.
- Hands on Experience with Perforce, Subversion, GIT, RationalClearCase.
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its EC2, VPC, EBS features among familiarity with other services such as SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM and S3.
- Expertise in installing, configuration and administration of Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0, Web Sphere, JBOSS. Understanding of cloud based deployments into Amazon EC2 with Puppet and troubleshooting the issues.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups and managing IAM roles.
- Skilled at leading teams mentoring team members, establishing lightweight software configuration.
- Management and release processes to enable organization to build stable product quickly.
- Researching and conducting complex design and analysis of automated build systems
- Sound Knowledge on Shared and Managed Services - Network Managed Services and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Worked with change tracking tools like ITSM, JIRA, HP Service Center.
- Performed Database administration tasks for MS SQL server and hands on experience with Oracle and DB2.
- Developed and managed release management processes and procedures including approval checklists insuring software builds and releases meet business requirements, are installed correctly.
- Assist in training of developers in the use of CVS and SVN, ClearCase, WebLogic, WebSphere and SCM best practices.
- Configuration and maintenance of NFS, Samba, Sendmail, LDAP, DNS, DHCP and Networking with TCP/IP on Linux and AIX.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving TCP/IP connection problems.
- Experience in performance tuning, trouble shooting and resolving network issues, related to the servers.
- Experience with Solaris virtual technologies Zones and LDoms.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Good interaction with developers, managers and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
Operating Systems: AIX 5.3, AIX 6.1, VIO 22.214.171.124, VIO 126.96.36.199, SUN Solaris 9/10, Red Hat Linux 5.5/6.3/7.1, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, AIX 7.1, Ubuntu.
Database: Oracle 10g and 8i/9i, MS SQL, DB2 7.2/8/1/8.2,MongoDB, Cassandra.
Hardware: P520/P550/P555A/p5 52A/P750/P710 IBM hardware, Esxi 5.0 HDS VSP, USPV/USPVM, Cisco MDS 9500 and 9100 Series, Brocade DCX Switches, SPARC T5-2, SPARC T5-4,TS 3500,TS3310 IBM E880, E870.
Software/Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT, ClearCase, Mercurial, Perforce,MS Office Suite, Confluence.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, and Make.
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, AnthillPro, Puppet, Chef.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Rally, Remedy, Bugzilla, ClearQuest.
Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM JBoss(6.0), WebLogic(12.02) WebSphere, Nginx.
Storage Management Tools: Hitachi Storage navigator, HCS 7/8, HTSM, UVM, HTNM, RAIDCOM, HUR, HDP, HDT, TC, SI.
Others: HACMP 5.5/6.1, GPFS, Active Directory, Yield Book, HMC V6/V7, CA Ehealth, TPM V7.1, CA Spectrum, Harvest, NetApp, IBM Storage, Symantec NetBackup 7.1, LTFS EE V188.8.131.52 Cloud, AWS, Azure, openstack.
Confidential, Boston, MA
DevOps Engineer / System Administrator
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and vmware virtualization systems .
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware vsphere client 5 and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Performed package administration on Linux using rpm and yum thru RHN Satellite and subscription manager.
- Worked on Azure on Microsoft.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Security Management VPC.
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Worked on Creating API’s on nodejS and AngularJS.
- Worked on AWS opswork, AWS Lambda, AWS code deploy, AWS cloudformation and cloud foundry.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, configure and administer log analyzer tool CloudWatch.
- Worked with ANT, maven and JIRA.
- Configure and administer Apache and Application layers.
- Configure HTTP caching properties for static caching.
- Automate site configuration using Puppet.
- Experience with shell scripting ( sh, bash, csh, ksh) .
- Worked on SIEM for security and audit compliance configuration.
- Worked with puppet /Chef for configuration management.
- Worked on version control using Github.
- Worked on automating builds using Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS SDK and AWS API.
- Worked on automating tasks using puppet .
- Worked on tomcat, jboss install and configuration.
- Worked on mongodb and mysql.
- Worked on migrating Solaris 10/ AIX 6.1 to redhat 6.
- Worked on creating new LPARS on AIX IBM frame.
- Worked on ruby and python scripting.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services.
- Installing and configuring Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Performed installation, configuration and tuning of Redhat, CentOS, Solaris servers and AIX.
- Installed and configured Windows 2003/2008 servers and splunk.
- Implemented administration, maintenance, upgrading and monitoring of IT System and networks.
- Installed PXE servers, KickStart configurations for automatic Linux Installation.
- Performed Installation, configuration and administration of Weblogic application servers and Oracle System Bus (OSB).
- Involved in RPM package building according to the requirement using fpm and deploying the package using puppet enterprises to puppet agent.
- Worked on creating queues for new data center and reporting on console for finalization.
- Worked on Amazon web services to create AWS instances with S3 storage and EBS storage.
- Performed Installation, configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager (VCS).
- Configured and deployed of DynaTrace Monitoring system for managing all the Linux warehouse systems.
- Worked on Siteminder WAM UI on configuration of policy and LDAP.
- Implemented migration from Redhat to CentOS environment. Also Worked on provisioning and optimizing infrastructure resources for Oracle EBS applications on Red Hat Linux.
- Implemented virtualization using VMware in Redhat and CentOS on HP-DL585 and IBM-z/VM series.
- Provided support for break/fix incidents.
- Involved in corporate level auditing compliances like system security, network security and installation of recommended patches.
- Performed Data Center migration from AIX to Linux and 5.x to 6.4 Linux upgrade.
- Involved in troubleshooting any reported problems, analyzing heap/thread dumps and network packets taking tcpdump, snoop using wireshark.
- Performed Migration of HACMP 4.3.1/4.5 to HACMP 5.1 using Node-by-Node migration without changing the cluster setup.
- Involved in VeritasNetBackup LOB Media server conversion to SAN Clients, installation, configuration and administration of NetBackup and TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) for backups/recovery.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in Red Hat Linux and CentOS that include upgrading kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, Multipathing, NAS Mount and Unmounts.
- Worked on Tivoli Workload Scheduler for batch jobs scheduling, fixed or cleared jobs that encountered error.
- Managed batch jobs processes using Korn, shell and PERL scripts (Cron and Tivoli workload scheduler).
- Deployed applications on Jboss (4.2.1, 4.3, 5.1) servers. Worked on creating and scheduling jobs using autosys.
- Configured and maintained webservers, file servers and directory servers.
- Worked on administering VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and vSphere 4.0.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by utilizing Puppet.
- Installed and configured Puppet Master and Puppet Client, created manifests to install packages, cron jobs and start services.
- Worked with Docker containers.
- Worked on maintaining Docker repositories and images.
- Worked on Nginx and Apache web servers.
- Worked on Ansible tower and deploying software using Ansible tower.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Created, configured and managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Elastic Load Balancing and Elastic Beanstalk for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Involved in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV /QA/UAT builds.
- Utilized GIT and SVN for source code management.
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Jenkins was used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x, Solaris 10/11, Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server, VMware ESX 4.x/5.x, Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache, Amazon EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, GIT, SVN.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Linux Admin
- Systems monitoring and administration of Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software up gradation, configuration changes and documentation.
- Centrally managed an automated research oriented Linux environment through automation/configuration tools like Chef / Puppet and Cobbler.
- Managing Linux infrastructure using single, integrated tools for efficiency, speed such as Puppet/CFengine.
- Maintained version control setup of configuration files, automount maps, software repos etc. using subversion (SVN)/Git repositories.
- Extensively worked on automated installations of SLE/RHEL 5/6 through PXE boot using provisioning tools like Cobbler.
- Migrating applications from Web Sphere to Jboss.
- Setup chef-client on several nodes, configured workstations to allow users to author, test, and maintain cookbooks.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services - AWS (Cloud Computing), EC2, VPC.
- Knowledge on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture. Implementation of AWS (IaaS) and Openstack.
- Installed and administered Jenkins CI server for continuous build of java projects.
- Monitored package versions, temp and var directory sizes, bash versions, processors using monitoring and reporting IBM Bigfix tool across several Linux and windows systems in the organization.
- Built many custom reports to generate reports and monitor the status of several machines using Nagios and IBM Endpoint Management tools.
- Initializing and rebuilding a server with different RAID setups (RAID 0, 5 and 10).
- Configuring and Administrating NFS client/server,SAMBA shares.
- Installation and Configuration of SAMBA Server and APACHE Server.
- Worked on several configurations such as rsyslog client/server setup for multiple servers. Used RELP protocol also.
- Deployment of syslog server and client configurations through version control (subversion) managing through Puppet.
- Implementation of log management tool logstash for sorting, processing and managing all kinds of logs from several hundreds of servers.
- Extensively worked with automount, NFS mounts. Mounted home directories through automount.
- Worked on automount failures, user login failures related production issues.
- Maintaining DNS and DHCP records and virtual networks in the organization using IPAM services.
- My system administration and engineering responsibilities also include creating shell and batch scripts.
- Managed several Linux computing cluster nodes using cluster management tools like torque and condor.
- Administering LAMP. Installing and running MySQL services, making dumps of live databases for backup are some of the regular day to day activities.
- Viewing and controlling the Processes running on the system and automating repetitive tasks.
- Maintaining file systems: Checking and repairing file systems and monitoring file system usage.
- Setup and configuration of IDRAC on Dell Power Edge series servers.
- Maintained user and group accounts using NIS on legacy systems, Migrated to Microsoft Active Directory for new environment.
- Installing TSM backup agent on clients and configuring TSM client for daily/weekly backups and Scheduling daily incremental backups using Tivoli Storage Management (TSM).
Environment: Microsoft Active Directory, Scientific Linux 5/6, RHEL 3/4/5/6,Chef/Puppet/CFengine, IPAM, Jenkins, Cobbler, AWS, JBOSS Application server, Subversion and Git repositories, Microsoft Outlook, Environment Modules, HP/DELL/SUN/SuperMicro Servers, HP PROLIANT DL servers, DELL Power Edge servers, Shell/Perl Scripting, Python 2.7.8/3/3.4, Apache, Web Logic, VMware/Vsphere.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- SCM Engineer for a team that involved five different development teams and multiple simultaneous Java/J2EE software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Configuration Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process using Git/GitHub.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Git.
- Created Git workflows and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Defined and implemented build and deployment strategies for all applications.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/ANT scripts for Java/J2EE build and release tasks.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Built a comprehensive PERL script, which would call the required ANT scripts and notify the build distribution team in case of Build errors or Completion of the builds.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Maven with Git for automated build and release.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Used maven profiles to create different builds so that it can be released early and released often agile/extreme programming.
- Installed Jenkins and Nexus, Performed troubleshooting during the build failures.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts (Java/J2EE projects) for WebLogic and UNIX servers.
- Administered JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notifications schemes and screen schemes.
- Integrated JIRA with Git, Confluence, Stash, Crucible and Jenkins.
- Provided support for Jira including Jira Agile, Jira add-ons associated plug-ins and extensions.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python Coordinated in CCB establishment and also conducted Status Accounting and audits for the projects.
- Studied impact analysis of change requests/defects and made reports to discuss with CCB.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release media and release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
Environment: Git, UNIX, Perl, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Crucible.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Worked with around 200 servers with Solaris 8,9,10 and RHEL 4.x and 5.x platforms.
- Used live upgrade to upgrade Solaris servers from 8, 9 to 10.
- Installed and configured VxVM and VCS, and used VCS, and Veritas Foundation Suite (VxFS) to provide high availability and storage management.
- Configured VeritasNetBackup for backups, and file restoration.
- Configured VCS for switching over the service groups between systems depends upon requirements.
- Worked with disk management tools such as LVM in Linux and SVM, ZFS, VxVM in Solaris.
- Used VxVM to create disk groups, volumes and filesystems with different RAID levels.
- Created metadevices, soft partitions, mirroring the devices and metasets.
- Configured LDAP in Solaris and Linux server.
- Managed resources for zones using Solaris 10 container technology, and exported ZFS from global zones to local zones in Solaris.
- Monitored services such as Disk Space, CPU usage, Memory usage, Temperature of the equipment, HTTP, Mail, SSH etc. using NAGIOS.
- Involved in troubleshooting performance tuning issues with applications such as WebLogic and the operating systems which included Solaris and RHEL.
- Implemented NIC bonding in RHEL and IPMP in Solaris.
- Worked on F5 load balancers to load balance and reverse proxy WebLogic Servers.
- Worked on day to day administration tasks and resolve tickets using Remedy.
- Monitored and debugged day to day issues and problem relating to systems, software and servers.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support.
Environment: Sun Solaris 8, 9,10, Redhat 4.x, 5.x, Sun Fire 4800, 6800, 6900, M5000, M8000, IBM Blade, RHN satellite server, Sun Update manager, cron, scripting, VxVM, SVM, ZFS, LVM, Apache 2.2, BEA WebLogic 8.1, Oracle 9i, Nagios 3.0, VCS 4.0, VxFS, VeritasNetBackup 5.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Produced release notes and other build-related documentation.
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Java, Maven, Subversion, Hudson, Linux, Solaris, WebSphere, Shell scripting, Nexus.