- Over 6 Years of experience as ETL Tester mainly focusing on Informatica.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing (Functionality and Regression), Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Performed error handling and performance tuning in Teradata queries and utilities.
- Extensive experience of Integration Testing, GUI Testing, System Testing, Sanity Testing, Database Testing and Compatibility Testing.
- Experience database testing (Oracle, SQL Server) and validating the applications against the database.
- Experience of developing complex mappings with Custom Transformations and XML Sources. Highly experienced in performing data quality test, data correctness test, data consistency test.
- Proficient in bug tracking using Bug Tracking Tools - Mercury Quality center, Test Director, and Rational Clear Quest.
- Skilled in planning, designing, developing, testing and deploying Data warehouses/Data Marts.
- Knowledge in design of Extract, Transform, Load environment using Informatica Power Center.
- Data modeling experience using Star Schema/Snowflake modeling, OLAP tools, Fact and Dimensions tables data modeling, ERWIN 4.0/3.x and Oracle Designer.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, shell scripts to execute the packages and PL/SQL blocks to debug the package in production environment and migrated bulk data.
- Used Quality Center 10.00 as Test management and Defect resolution tool, including logging defects, attaching evidence and retesting the defect.
- Strong experience in designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions in Data Warehouse / Decision Support Systems using ETL tools, Informatica Power Center, Power Mart, Power Connect and Cognos BI.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.X / 7.X / 6.X
Databases: Oracle 8.0 / 9i /10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, IBM DB2, Teradata and Sybase.
Database Skills: Cursors, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Triggers, and Packages
Methodologies: Data Modeling Logical / Physical, Star/ Snowflake Schema, FACT & Dimension Tables, ETL, OLAP, Agile, RUP, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Tools: HP Quality Center, Test Director, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Quick Runner, WinRunner, Autosys, Toad
Client Side Skills: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting
OS: Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7, UNIX/Solaris, Red Hat Linux
Bachelor of Engineering.
- Confidential,Wakefield, MA (August 2011 – PRESENT)
Position: ETL Tester
Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle 9i, ODI, Teradata V2R3, UNIX (Solaris), Quality Center 9.2, Erwin 4.0/3.5.x, MS SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, MS Access 2000, Shell Programming, SQL * Loader, Toad
Epsilon is the industry\'s leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, predictive modeling along with full range of direct and digital agency services. The objective of this project was to develop a complete data warehouse so that they can analyze, do slicing, dicing, drill down on patient data. Data warehouse was designed using Erwin with different Fact and Dimension tables. We created multiple instances for redundancy.
- Worked Developed various Mappings, Mapplet and Transformations for migration of data from various existing systems to the new system using Informatica Designer.
- Review of project requirement and active involvement in all active phase of SDLC.
- Data Modeling done with multidimensional architecture.
- Reporting and tracking the defect in Quality Centre 9.2.
- Performed System Testing, Regression Testing and Integration Testing.
- Extensive Experience in SDLC and in handing large volume of data.
- Involved in data mapping, validation and Extract, Transform and load from one database to another by using Informatica and doing sql query.
- Performed data count, data quality, data consistency, process interdependency and backend tests for source and target systems.
- Performed backend testing for inserts, updates, and deletes writing complex SQL queries.
- Created, tested and validated various workflows associated with different mappings created by development team and monitored the workflows.
- Designed, created and tested reports to meet business requirements.
- Involved in peer to peer to peer reviews.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Identifying Bugs and reporting defects.
- Maintained Test Metrics with the test results obtained and used Test Director to execute and manage tests cases and to track the Bugs.
- Effectively communicated the defects and bugs with the developer team and updated required information into the system
- Reviewed the test cases based on the Change Request document.
- Clarified issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Effectively communicated user acceptance test results between users and development team and provided recommendations for change control requests (CCR).
- Responsible for migration from Development to Testing and to Production.
- Responsible for Unit Test Plans and verification of functional specifications and review of deliverables.
- Extract and deploy various types of data in the target database using ODI.
- Confidential,Philadelphia, PA (February 2010 – July 2011)
Position: ETL / QA Analyst
Power Center 8.5 / 8.1 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Worklets, Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformations), Relational Manual Tester, Power Exchange Tool, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, SQL plus, PL/SQL (Stored Procedure, Trigger, Packages), ODI, Teradata.
Orthovita is a leading company engaged in offering advanced bone regeneration and soft tissue healing technologies. Orthovita is a spine and orthopedic surgical biomaterials company involved in the development and marketing of novel, high-tech, synthetic-based biomaterial products.
- Preparing the SQL script to verify data and validating data from
source and target Through Toad 9.0.1
- Developed and Implemented Informatica parameter files to filter the daily data from the source system.
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
- Validated reports based on Functional Requirements.
- Created Test Cases using Rational Manual Tester (RMT).
- Involved in System Testing, Regression Testing and Integration Testing.
- Used ClearQuest for change tracking during software development life cycle.
- Checked the reports for any naming inconsistencies and to improve user readability.
- Developed workflow tasks like reusable Email, Event wait, Timer, Command, Decision.
- Did error handling and performance tuning in Teradata queries and utilities.
- End to End support in the Oracle data integration (ODI).
- Solved the complex logic in the ODI.
- Creating Test Case Documents for Unit Test, Integration Test to check the data and Mapping documents.
- Created Tasks, Workflows and Worklets using Workflow Manager. Monitoring of Workflows and Worklets using Workflow Monitor.
- Tuned performance of Informatica sessions for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size and, sequence buffer length.
- Confidential,Miami, FL (October 2008 – January 2010)
Position: - ETL / DWH Tester
SQL Server 2005, Sybase, SQL, Toad, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Unix Shell Scripting, Windows XP/2000, Erwin, Business Object
- Tested the database schema with help of data architects using ERWIN.
- Involved in the testing of Data Marts using Power Center
- Identified and Documented additional data cleansing needs and consistent error patterns that could diverted by modifying ETL code.
- Tested Business Objects reports migration and created Business Objects reports for defect tracking.
- Reports created in Business Objects were tested by running SQL statements.
- Coordinated the test data, Business Objects environment and UAT of reports
- Performed User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Participated in discussions with the business owners regarding rating test cases/results.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Wrote several UNIX scripts for invoking data reconciliation.
- Created UNIX shell scripts for file transfer and file manipulation
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Involved in functional testing the Web application using Quick Test Pro.
- Processed a query to update a field in an Oracle database, to ensure that debt payments are allocated.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing and Regression testing.
- Involved in System Analysis, Design and Development of the OLAP application
- Extensively used Informatica client tools to extract data stored in database and for testing purposes.