7 years 10 months of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of ETL Applications with major on Database and Data warehousing applications for Banking and Finance Sector on Informatica/Teradata/DB2/MSSql/Qlikview/UNIX.
Domain: Banking and Financial Services
Database: Teradata, DB2, MSSQL
BI Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata View Point, Informatica Power Center v9.1, Informatica Power Exchange, UNIX, Business Objects XI3.1,Qlikview, Version controller - Synergy, Stash/GIT/Teamcity, Scheduler -Tivoli Work Scheduler,Autosys, SQL Developer, IBM Data Studio, TCM, Service manager, Servicenow
Documentation: MS-Word, MS-Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, JIRA
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Extensive Business interaction and Requirements gathering.
- Working on Effort Calculation, Planning and managing team to achieve on-time and defect-free deliveries.
- Estimation, Effective Planning and Scheduling/Execution of tasks.
- Handling process related activities like generating project Metrics, Defect Log, Review Log, Review checklists, etc.
- Managing and coordinating around 30+ applications for ETL and distributed plant within the advisory space and Tracking team tasks and deliverables .
- Understanding the requirement from Business requirements and converting them into technical requirements.
- Designing and developing Datamodels and Datawarehouse systems for various new business requirements.
- Developing ETL programs for Data Extraction, data transformation, data cleansing and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Implementing the complex business rules by creating informatica mappings and transformations, re-usable transformations (Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Connected and Unconnected Lookup’s, Router, Rank, Joiner, Update Strategy, XML transformation etc.) and developing complex Mapplets and Mappings.
Technical lead and Informatica Developer
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Developed complex Informatica mappings to load the data from various sources using different transformations like source qualifier, Look up, expression, aggregator, joiner, filter, rank and router transformations etc.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning, Performance enhancement at the Mapping Level and session level and firm wide process orientation.
- Load balancing of ETL processes, database performance tuning and capacity monitoring.
- Worked on converting front - end reports to Qlikview reports for better performance. This constituted of building a dashboard and creating all position and account related reports on Qlikview platform which helped users retrieve data faster.
Production Support Executive and Module Lead
- Production & QA Analysis, Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution and Maintain documentation.
- Monitored ETL applications - Informatica jobs, BO reports, Unix scripts and Teradata SP for smooth performance and took care of failure recovery and defect resolution, thus ensuring smooth market open.
- Performed code review, performance review and batch prioritization on Teradata based on criticality in order to accommodate multiple and extensively critical batch operations on single system.