- 7 years of progressive experience as an OBIEE Developer and Information Technology professional with prime focus on Research, Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing under Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse Design and Client-Server environment.
- Expert in supporting and implementing projects using software development life cycle (SDLC), capability maturity model (CMM), and rational unified process (RUP) methodologies.
- Extensive experience as a Data Architect in Data Warehouse Research, Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing.
- Excellent work experience in relational and dimensional, conceptual, logical and physical data modeling in both OLTP and OLAP systems using ERwin tool.
- In-depth knowledge of analysis, design, development and testing of data warehousing projects and concepts.
- Experience in architecting the data flow including data modeling. Expert in Dimensional and Relational Data Modeling Schemas like Ralph Kimball’s practices in designing Star Schema.
- Utilized Informatica to integrate data within the data models and implemented transformations (join, router, lookup and filter).
- Solid ERwin experience in modeling data and its requirements, analysis and design in projects.
- Strong hands-on experience in Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator and OBIEE reporting. Proficient in Oracle 8i/10g/11i .
- Expert in developing repositories and modeling metadata in the Oracle BI Administrator Tool layers (physical, business model and mapping, presentation).
- Highly experienced in designing and implementing Oracle Business Intelligence web catalog objects - dashboards, pages, answers, multiple subject areas and front end designs.
- Excellent experience in Oracle Business Applications and Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics v.7.9.6 like Supply Chain and Financial Applications.
- Experience in UNIX scripting. Developed PL/SQL packages and coding which involved complex transformations.
- Experience with handling huge quantity of data and high end transaction based application databases.
- Experienced in analyzing the data quality of the system. Excellent in performing tuning activities for improved efficiency of the database.
- Extensive experience in performing quality assurance testing, unit and system testing of the applications end to end.
- Proficient knowledge in domains like Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Consumer Goods Products and Customers Support and Relations.
- Hands on experience in leading teams and managing projects based on onshore-offshore locations.
- Efficiently managed time constraints and project deadlines.
- Well-organized and accomplished requirements in a dynamically changing environment.
Master’s Degree in Science
Confidential,Cincinnati, Ohio 10/2008 - Present
OBIEE Lead Developer
Confidential, is a premier consumer Products Company specialized in manufacturing household and healthcare products. In order to execute the reporting requirements in group sales and clinical products, the company had multiple manufacturing facilities and bulk products with specific contents and formulations. The project requires the ability to generate ad-hoc, canned, and pre-defined reports based on the defined product and manufacturing details.
Oracle BI (10.1.3.4), Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics v.7.9.6, Oracle BI Applications, HP-UX 11.0, Windows 2003 server, Oracle 10g/11g/11i, Oracle BI Publisher, Toad.
- Interacted with business analyst and clients to understand reporting requirements and developed the reports as per the need of the business unit.
- Developed and configured the repository which involved building the Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation Layer using the Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool.
- Extensively configured physical and logical joins using the join manager in Oracle Business Intelligence Administration tool.
- Designed logical tables, dimensions, columns, and logical keys for the manufacturing facilities types and consumer products contents and formulations.
- Created logical column aggregations such as summation of the products ingredients concentration and volatile organic compound percentage %VOC using complex calculations, inbuilt functions and expressions.
- Created dimension hierarchies and level based measures to support drill down feature to categorize the consumer products based on household, healthcare, and beauty.
- Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly through group inheritance.
- Configured metadata objects such as subject area, table, column, configured web catalog objects such as dashboard, pages, folders and reports like Total Number of Sold Products of a specific brand.
- Worked with dynamic and session variables using initialization block to implement a dynamically changing and updated reports.
- Knowledge in cache purging strategies using Oracle BI event-polling table.
- Implemented both column filter prompts and image prompts based on the consumer product categories (Household, Healthcare and Beauty) that are used in the dashboards.
- Sliced and diced data using filters and used pivot tables and charts for better presentation of most saleable product of the company.
- Experienced in Oracle E-Business Suite (Supply Chain, Customer Relationship and Financial Management).
- Customized the prebuilt supply chain and order management processes using the Oracle BI Applications.
- With Oracle BI Supply Chain App, improved the Inventory, Supplier and Sourcing Performance of the client by a better analysis on the business.
- Customized and maintained the supplier tax information and profiles using Oracle BI Financial Apps.
- Developed different kinds of reports like Financial Reports and Ad-hoc queries using Oracle Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards such as Total Number of Manufactured Products in a given time frame.
- Implemented time comparison and calculation measures in the business model using time series function for product manufactured and expiration dates.
- Maintained effectiveness in creating the dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns.
- Setup the visibility of dashboards to employees with respect to their responsibilities by departments.
- Administered permissions and privileges for Dashboard visibility and modifications to users based on their groups or responsibilities.
- Configured iBots using OBIEE Delivers to alert the management and sales teams such as management team receives an alert at a specific time when the inventory goes down the normal quantities of product inventories.
- Performed repository testing and validation before exposing business models in the Presentation Layer.
- Involved in unit, integration testing and user training of the generated reports using OBIEE.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing.
Confidential,Basking Ridge, NJ 04/2007 09/2008
OBIEE and Data Warehouse Developer
Confidential,is the largest provider of local and long distance telephone services in the United States. The project data needs to be managed to support Business Executives in taking quick decisions with respect to the sales and business objectives. The goal is to extract data stored in different databases such as Oracle and SQL Server and to load into the data warehouse repository. The repositories should be built with interactive reports in Oracle. The reports are to be generated in Oracle BI in order to process the queries based on the departments and their responsibilities in the company like Sales and Customer Support Deparment.
Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle BI (10.1.3.2), Oracle E-Business Suite (Customer Relationship Management), Oracle BI Publisher, Informatica Power Center 7.1.4, Oracle 9i, Erwin 4.0, Toad, MS SQL Server, Hyperion Performance Suite 8.3.2
- Hosted and participated in various sessions with Business Analysts and Business Executives in requirement categorization, clarifying business rules and creating a requirement or problem matrix to confirm requirement completeness leading to a comprehensive business model using star schemas.
- Created Informatica mappings for initial load and daily updates. Developed several mappings to load data from multiple sources to data warehouse.
- Architected and implemented change data capture and materialized views.
- Extensively used mapping parameters, mapping variables and parameter files.
- Scheduled workflows and session tasks comprising of different mappings in order to load data into target database and to fine-tune ETL mappings and sessions.
- Responsible to tune ETL procedures and star schemas to optimize load and query performance.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica Mappings/Sessions by increasing the caching size and overriding the existing SQL.
- Worked with Oracle Data Integrator in setup and configuration developments with complex data integration.
- Used multi user development environment (MUDE) to work on objects from the same repository.
- Worked on merging repository in order to facilitate multi-user development environment.
- Extensively used Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool for customizing and modifying the physical, business and presentation layers of the metadata repository.
- Created groups in the repository and added users in the groups and granted privileges explicitly through group inheritance.
- Worked with Oracle Business Application. Modified and customized the pre-built applications based on client’s requirements.
- Created and customized intelligence dashboards in Oracle Business Intelligence to suit the client’s requirements.
- Specified aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregates like average of Customer Support Resolved Issues. Created and modeled aggregates using aggregate persistence to avoid bottlenecks in the Data Warehouse.
- Configured logical layer, created logical tables/dimensions, columns, created logical joins/keys, set levels to support drill-down such as Total Cost of Services Installed (yearly, monthly, weekly).
- Used Oracle BI (10.1.3.2) for generating Sales and Installation reports which is needed by the Sales Department.
- Implemented filter prompts based on the Service Types (Wireless Phone, TV, Internet, Phone)
- Designed Sales and Services Time Reports with respect to the development and management database.
- Generated various Oracle BI Reports like which service is mostly installed at a given period.
- Developed different kinds of reports like pivot charts, pie charts, tables using global and local filters
- Modeled time series and slowly changing dimension data in Oracle BI.
- Maintained effectiveness in creating the dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns. Setup the visibility of dashboards for sales and services to employees with respect to their responsibilities.
- Created iBots and Delivers to send Alert messages such as an alert to Customer Support agents when the consumer calls exceeded the threshold queuing time.
- Improved financial performance by analyzing detailed transactional-level data using the Oracle Financial Analytics.
- Used the Security Settings in Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges.
- Implemented data-level and object-level security using Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool and Presentation Service.
- Tested the results with the project requirements.
- Provided training for the end-users based on the employee’s accesses, departments, and requirements.
Confidential,New York, NY 12/2005 03/2007
Sr. Data Modeler
Confidential,is a leading financial management and advisory company, providing financial advice and investment banking services. The project involves developing a data warehouse and analyzing the data. The finance data should be merged from different databases into the data warehouse.
ERwin 4.0, Informatica Power Center 7.0/6.2 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Transformations), SQL Server 2000(Query Analyzer, DTS, TSQL), Oracle 9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader, TOAD, Business Objects 6.0, Sun Solaris 2.7.
- Gathered required data and analyzed the business process requirements.
- Analyzed the finance data for identifying data sets, source data, source meta data, data definitions and data formats. The data source is from Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Created logical and physical data models and metadata to support the requirements
- Designed the ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and, candidate keys) and physical database (capacity planning, object creation and aggregate strategies) for Oracle based on business requirements using ERwin.
- Prepared the data dictionary and metadata of the data elements.
- Processed the logical data models of all source systems for data quality analysis.
- Developed and designed data marts extensively using star schema.
- Moved mapping and sessions from development to production environment.
- Created schema objects like indexes, views, and sequences.
- Created and monitored tasks, workflows and worklets using Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Tuned mappings for improved performance.
- Rectified database input data errors.
- Tuned performance of Informatica sessions for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size and sequenced buffer length.
- Automated load run on Informatica sessions through UNIX Corn, PL/SQL scripts.
- Implemented pre and post-session scripts using Informatica.
- Wrote SQL Scripts and PL/SQL Scripts to extract data from database and developed stored procedures.
- Managed access permissions for Business Objects Reports to specific departments such as Loan Financing Department.
- Worked as Team Leader in Data Modeling.
- Facilitated testing and implementation of the project with the clients.
- Provided extensive training to the clients within the business processes and needs.