- 9 years of rich experience in IT Industry in Data Warehousing and Integration Projects
- E xperience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing of various business applications in Client/Server environments and Data Warehousing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Software Test Life Cycle and highly proficient in SQA methodologies for Waterfall, Agile.
- Expertise in Writing, Executing and Maintaining Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Procedures, Use Cases, Test cases.
- Expertise in Defect management, Bug tracking, Bug Reports and generating the graphs using Test Management Toolssuch as Quality Center, MS Visual Studio & TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using DATASTAGE and Informatica.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Business Architecture in different domains like Banking, Insurance and Health care and Telecom.
- Have solid experience on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator, and SQL Assistant.
- Experience on UNIX commands and Shell Scripting.
- Experienced in Functional testing, Performance testing, Load testing, Integration testing, System Testing, Regression testing, Black Box testing, Stress Testing, UAT, Smoke Testing, Recovery Testing and GUI Testing.
- Strong experience in preparing documentation, preparing test environments, executing and analyzing the results.
- Worked with wide variety of sources like Relational Databases, Flat Files, Teradata, Netezza and DB2.
- Involved in testing the batch jobs, using UNIX and Autosys
- Have experience in testing reconcile (initial) and delta (daily) loads.
- Have tested several complex reports generated by Cognos, Business Objects, OBIEE including dashboards, summary reports, master detailed, drill down and score cards.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Reports, and Weekly Status Reports.
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.x,ODI, DATASTAGE 7.5, Ab Initio GDECo>Op 2.x
Testing Tools: Quality Center, ALM 11.5, Load Runner, QTP, Win Runner, Manual Testing,Rally, Pivotal Tracker
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MySQL, ODBC, DB2, TOAD 8.5, MS Access, Teradata V2R5/V2R6, Netezza
Reporting Tools: Business Objects 5.1/XIR2, Cognos 8.0, Microstrategy 9.x, OBIEE
Job Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control M
Version control: Visual Source safe, WINCVS
Languages: XML, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PL SQL.
SDLC/STLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, V model.
Operating Systems: Window 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 98, Windows XP, Linux and UNIX(AIX).
Confidential, Austin, TX
ETL / QA DWH Tester
- Tested the various ETL processes that were developed to fetch data from various feeds coming from Admin System
- Tested the data from flat files to the target database.
- Tested the data from XML feeds to the target data warehouse.
- Written SQL scripts for performing data validations as well as for inserting test data into the tables.
- Prepared test files in UNIX box for testing purposes.
- System Integration testing for Facets core modules with external systems.
- Prepared test strategy and various test scenarios for the benefit of team members and offshore team.
- Tested the migrated ETL mappings from Informatica 8.6 to 9.
- Solved the complex logic in the ODI.
- Writing complex SQL and PL/SQL queries using Case Logic, Intersect, Minus, Sub Queries, Inline Views, and Union in Oracle.
- Performed end to end testing by coordinating with various teams to make sure that the data flow was smooth starting from the source to the ultimate target.
- Validated the reports and files according to HIPAA X12 enforced standards.
- Conducted HIPAA gateway testing.
- Validated HIPAA EDI transactions
- Tracked all the defects to closure by interacting with the development team.
- Conducted and co-ordinated with integration testing and regression testing.
- Participated in business requirements gathering and in modifications of the requirements based on the scope.
- Manage the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using Quality Center.
- Tested the Membership and claims files (XML) in Facets.
- Used Caliber & ALM as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Defect Management.
- Worked with the DSO team to understand the source to target mapping document and accordingly helped them
- Validated the production tickets assigned and once confirming the defect assigned it to the developer for fix.
Technologies Used: Informatica 8.6/9, ODI, Oracle 10g, Unix, HP QC, Quality Center 11.5, Agile/Scrum, SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects XIR2, Flat Files, V2R6, COBOL II, UNIX, Oracle 10G, DB2, TOAD
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Extensively used ETL to load data from Oracle database, SQL Server, Flat files, DB2 to the DB2 Data warehouse.
- Preparation of Test Data/Unit Testing /Integrated testing and generated various test cases.
- Documentation: Data migration document for various metadata tools/procedures/functions/ shell scripts.
- Interacted with clients during Integration Testing. Participates in all different test phase as per the project needs.
- Contributed to the development of the test plans and project testing approach.
- Provided inputs to the development of project and Release Test Plan documents.
- Understands and contributed to the process of test estimates and project schedules.
- Participated in test planning, test case design and test script walkthroughs with QA Leads.
- Understands testing to be accomplished and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between projects.
- Assisted in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules.
- Adheres to established standards and methodologies.
- Utilized tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and increases efficiency in the QA process.
- Analyze and understand banking manual testing projects to translate into the automated test case using ALM and quick test professional tools
- Design and implement automated test scripts using Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) 's Keyword driven framework language
- Understand Functional, Nonfunctional requirements and performed load, stress, capacity tests on the application using HP load runner 11.5 version
- Developed and sustained appropriate relationship with peers and other project team members.
- Good experience in verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Strong SQL skills. Working knowledge of UNIX. Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Hands-on experience on a defect management tool. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Created and executed automated tests for functional, and regression testing using Quick Test Professional using VB scripts.
- Inserted various types of check points including text checkpoints, text area checkpoints and Image checkpoints.
Sr. ETL QA tester
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document, Software Design Document, Software Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Document.
- Closely went through and worked on all the stages of SDLC for this project and designed and executed Functional, Integration, Regression and System (End to End), UI Testing, Browser Compatibility, Backend (Database) Testing.
- Created and maintained requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to ensure that all requirements are traceable from top to bottom and to provide a basis for test plan. Backend testing of the DB by writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (DW Testing).
- Extract and deploy various types of data in the target database using ODI.
- End to End support in the Oracle data integration (ODI).
- Extensively written SQL to confirm the data transfer from source to target.
- Prepared Test Scenarios by creating Mock data based on the different test cases.
- Validated data from front-end systems to the backend databases.
- Performed Code review of automation Scripts and made comments for changes made in the script.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, and Regression testing, on different versions of the application.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL queries to validate the content.
- Tested the PL/SQL package that loaded data into staging from the source database
- Involved in System Integration Testing with external/Internal interface and understood overall customer business functionalities.
- Extensively used Teradata and Putty for the entire project
- Performed extensive Data Validation, Data Verification against Data Warehouse
- Created Various Hierarchies which allows drilling on the Microstrategy reports.
- Tested Public objects like Consolidations, Custom Groups, Metrics, Prompts, and Filters according to the report requirements using Microstrategy.
- Extensively followed agile methodology to achieve the desired results.
- Ran batch jobs in a box using AUTOSYS
- Validated all the ETL mappings developed to fetch data from OLTP system to the data warehouse.
- Validated all the session logs.
- Worked with 3rd party/External End points for coordinating the END-END testing
- Participated in SCRUM and SPRINT meetings.
- Executed the test scripts against Teradata source and validated the rules according to mapping documentation.
- Experience in loading from various data sources like Teradata, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files.
- Created Scenarios as per business requirements with various user loads using Performance Center.
- Created a Performance Report for the end-to-end testing in comparison with the baseline and final values.
- Uploading the Performance Test Plan, Test Scripts, Scenarios and Final Reports in the Quality Center for every application.
- Assisted in promotion of Informatica code and UNIX from UAT to Production.
- Worked closely with the developers for the Performance Tuning of a new application by gradual Scaling of the application.
- Assigned critical performance Defects to the developer using Quality Center.
- Weekly meeting with the management team and share the Status Report on the weekly basis.
Technologies Used: Informatica 9.1,Quality Center (QC) 10.0/ALM11.0, Teradata V2R6, SQL, TOAD, Microsoft Visio, MS Access, Windows XP/2003/2007, PL/SQL, Agile, Oracle 10g, ODI, UAT, Autosys jobs, Microstrategy 9.x.
DWH/ ETL Tester
- Interacted with business users to analyze the business requirements and system functional specifications and prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents to map the business requirements with the functional and technical requirements and test scenarios.
- Attended daily Scrum Stand-ups for QA updates and defect status.
- Tested the source data for data completeness and data correctness.
- Tested the PL/SQL package that loaded data into staging from the source database.
- Tested the ETL process that loaded the data into target database after performing all the transformations according to the business requirements.
- Performed Optimization & Performance Tuning using datastge and Netezza Tuning
- Performed Analysis on Data using Netezza (for structured data).
- Worked with Data Warehousing developers who extensively used DATASTAGE, to design mapping to move data from source to target database-using Stages to do the functionality.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the DATASTAGE packages
- Did testing on multiple DATASTAGE packages for data validation and data conditioning.
- Writing complex SQL queries for checking the counts and for validating the data at field level.
- Prepared sample test data by inserting data into staging tables.
- Prepared all the test scenarios and shared across the team.
- Involved in testing all the reports that were generated through Microstrategy.
- Tested the format of the reports according to the specifications provided and also compared the data in the reports with the backend datamart through SQL and also using excel for data comparison.
- Involved in end to end testing of the entire process flow starting from the source database to the target datamart to the reports by considering all possible scenarios.
- Co-ordinated with the offshore counter-part for testing needs and also gave KT sessions on the business requirements.
- Was responsible for maintaining all the test cases and defects in HP Quality Center for all the team members to review.
- Was the point of contact for the QA team for escalations and lead the bug triage meetings.
- Validated the production tickets assigned and once confirming the defect assigned it to the developer for fix.
Technologies Used:Teradata, HP Quality Center 10, Microstrategy, Oracle 10g, DATASTAGE, SQL, SQL server Management Studio, UNIX, Shell scripting
- Involved in designing Logical and Physical Data model using Erwin Tool.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules.
- Performed Metadata Analysis by Data Profiling and acted as a data steward in maintaining the quality metrics on a continuous basis.
- Conducted Data Migration and Data Cleansing.
- Responsible for creating different sessions and workflows to load the data to Data Warehouse using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Used Master Data Management (MDM) technology, tools to create and maintain consistent and accurate lists of Master.
- Responsible for Import and Export databases between Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Text, or SQL.
- Extensively tested the reports for data accuracy and universe related errors.
- Used SQL tools to run SQL queries and validate the data loaded in to the target tables.
- Validated the data of reports by writing SQL queries in PL/SQL Developer against ODS.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Wrote data conversion and data migration scripts for ETL process
- Created ETL execution scripts for automating jobs.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
Technologies Used: Informatica Power Center 8.1, XML, WinSQL, Windows NT 4.0, Teradata, TOAD, Crystal Reports, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, DB2,BO Reporting Tool .